Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3232 3233 [3234] 3235 3236 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3424142 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: New Year. Same RAGE Edition.
« Reply #48495 on: January 03, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

Its really fun when they sorta contradict themselves in their name!

Hmm? In what way?

Apologies for dual posting here, but when fucking idiots go and join the stream with the name of the game TWICE in the title, people saying its name every three second in the chat and still go and ask "hey, what game is this?" make me want to kill something.

Are you streaming something, or watching a stream?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48496 on: January 03, 2015, 02:19:41 pm »

Modify button, Asea.
Different things mean different posts.
Its really fun when they sorta contradict themselves in their name!

Hmm? In what way?
"This is the first church of Christ scientist. First rule of Christ scientist, matter is false."
Apologies for dual posting here, but when fucking idiots go and join the stream with the name of the game TWICE in the title, people saying its name every three second in the chat and still go and ask "hey, what game is this?" make me want to kill something.

Are you streaming something, or watching a stream?
I was watching a stream. The combo of idiots and the fact that the game is a $30 clone of a mostly free* game drove me off.

*read: you pay some cash for a few fancy ships.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48497 on: January 03, 2015, 02:22:55 pm »

Modify button, Asea.
Different things mean different posts.
Tip: use
Code: [Select]
[hr] to create lines to separate things.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48498 on: January 03, 2015, 02:34:32 pm »

"This is the first church of Christ scientist. First rule of Christ scientist, matter is false."

I... I... Whah?

I can understand that statement if they're going for a sort of pseudo-Nihilistic 'nothing exists, reality is but a mere illusion', but I don't think that's their aim.
Maybe they just mean that everything's fundamental building block is actually, literally God, rather than matter? xD (Since presumably God doesn't compose of matter... Whatever It's composed of. Oh man, I'm not going to, but I'm sorely tempted to ask for the chemical composition of God in the Religious Questions thread.)

I was watching a stream. The combo of idiots and the fact that the game is a $30 clone of a mostly free* game drove me off.

What game?

The circle is complete.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48499 on: January 03, 2015, 02:47:08 pm »

GTA V DOWNLOAD

STAHP GETTING ERRORS

I WANNA FINISH THIS SHIT

PLS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48500 on: January 03, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »

I... I... Whah?

I can understand that statement if they're going for a sort of pseudo-Nihilistic 'nothing exists, reality is but a mere illusion', but I don't think that's their aim.
Maybe they just mean that everything's fundamental building block is actually, literally God, rather than matter? xD (Since presumably God doesn't compose of matter... Whatever It's composed of. Oh man, I'm not going to, but I'm sorely tempted to ask for the chemical composition of God in the Religious Questions thread.)
More of sickness is something in your mind, you can control it, prayer leads to healing, etc. etc. The whole thing is a bit weird considering their newspaper publishes alot of sciency things in it.

What game?
The free one is Void Hunters, which normally has all of none players now, the $30 one is Reassembly
Highly Opinionated Fool

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48501 on: January 03, 2015, 03:18:53 pm »

More of sickness is something in your mind, you can control it, prayer leads to healing, etc. etc.
This is a dangerous and irresponsible way of looking at it, IMO. While it's true that having a positive outlook can help you get through a sickness, (which prayer can help with, if you're into that sort of thing) you can't just think yourself out of something particularly bad with a hope and a prayer. Although I'm sure they just see it as, "I guess it's just my time and God is calling me!"
I really don't understand how these people live past 40.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48502 on: January 03, 2015, 03:27:03 pm »

Mmm... Well, personally I wouldn't really care too much about the dying early part. Death is something I've accepted since the age of about 10. It's not exactly something I'm hastening myself towards, though... Also, that kind of stuff is just wrong if it's brainwashed into people who truly believe it.

If you've ever read Cracked, and saw the Faith Healer article, it really does seem like a lot of it is a true, legit, scam.

When you say 'sciencey', do you mean actual science, or pseudo-science garbage?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:28:57 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48503 on: January 03, 2015, 03:29:42 pm »

Your stepdad is an idiot. I'm sure that's been mentioned before, but it bears repeating.

Hey now, I was never baptised and my life is pretty crummy. Maybe that's where I went wrong! :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48504 on: January 03, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »

This is a dangerous and irresponsible way of looking at it, IMO. While it's true that having a positive outlook can help you get through a sickness, (which prayer can help with, if you're into that sort of thing) you can't just think yourself out of something particularly bad with a hope and a prayer. Although I'm sure they just see it as, "I guess it's just my time and God is calling me!"
I really don't understand how these people live past 40.
Some of them seem to get rather old, even without things like vaccines, doctors, or hospitals... That and they have said to have collected
over 50,000 (anecdotal) testimonies of healing through Christian Science treatment alone
, and with each one needing three people either to have said to have seen it or can say that the person claiming it is not a raving loonie who lies...

Oh, that thing you mentioned? The positive outlook? Thats one of the main things they use to say to those they want to convert to get them to join.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48505 on: January 03, 2015, 03:49:06 pm »

Shit, it's quarter to eight in the morning. I have had maybe six hours sleep over the past couple of days.
Time to craaaaaaaash like a jackknifing road-train on a busy highway during a heavy rainstorm. Until next weekend, anyhow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48507 on: January 03, 2015, 03:50:20 pm »

, and with each one needing three people either to have said to have seen it or can say that the person claiming it is not a raving loonie who lies...

Each testimony easily obtainable from the healer, the healer's assistant, and crazily fanatical old man who'll believe weathering the healer says...

The problem is that there are people who truly want to believe in this kind of thing. I do, as well, simply because it would make this universe and world so much more... Interesting. Unfortunately, I can also see things from different perspectives, a trait that so many seem to lack.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:52:31 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48509 on: January 03, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »

Relevant

Mwahahah.

I like that one.
+1 for making a statement about capitalism and providing a logical argument against several types of supernatural phenomena.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 3232 3233 [3234] 3235 3236 ... 3345