Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3259 3260 [3261] 3262 3263 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3424533 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Plus bites from animals can carry nasty diseases. They can be fairly harmful.

As for putting down animals that bite humans... If a puppy noms your hand playfully, that's not biting. If a dog noms your ankles because you can't animal, that's usually a warning. If a dog goes around biting people semi indiscriminately or injures someone badly, the proper response is euthanization. I've seen what a "cute puppy" with the will to injure can do to flesh. Its not pretty. Most dogs aren't a danger to the public. They might bite if mistreated or if they feel threatened. But there's always that one bulldog/whatever who will maul anyone, possibly lethally.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

We don't put humans down for harming humans. (Well, unless you live in Texas...)
Why not?
I mean if it's un aggravated assault and the person has a history of doing it for no reason at all I don't see why not to
(Sarcasm)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

tame(ish?) fox.
Now you guys are even going too far in the OTHER direction! D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Plus bites from animals can carry nasty diseases. They can be fairly harmful.

As for putting down animals that bite humans... If a puppy noms your hand playfully, that's not biting. If a dog noms your ankles because you can't animal, that's usually a warning. If a dog goes around biting people semi indiscriminately or injures someone badly, the proper response is euthanization. I've seen what a "cute puppy" with the will to injure can do to flesh. Its not pretty. Most dogs aren't a danger to the public. They might bite if mistreated or if they feel threatened. But there's always that one bulldog/whatever who will maul anyone, possibly lethally.

In case you didn't read, it was a tame, kennel-bred fox that was the product of a substantial number of generations of careful breeding. It being diseased is about as likely as a purebred showdog (as long as we're not talking about genetic defects, 'cause yeesh. If ya want a dog that'll live a long, healthy life, get a mutt.)

Also, read the post. The context we have is that the owners didn't even find out until after the fact when the police reported it to them. Given that their pet was a domesticated silver fox, there's non-zero odds that it was done intentionally by one of the various groups which is radically opposed to keeping pets. That possibility aside, it's already been mentioned, but the vast majority of animal "attacks" are idiots provoking them for too long. And, again, there's no way in hell a kennel that heavily specialized would risk selling individuals which would bite seriously or easily -- that sort of behavioral issue is damned easy to notice and not impossible to break.

Of course it's also because silver foxes are adorbs and domesticated foxes would be pretty much the beautiful center between cats and dogs. And because regardless of circumstances a known pet which could not have been a serious threat (they weigh between 6-14lbs) being summarily put down without even notifying the owners beforehand sounds incredibly goddamn illegal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

So this case was BS on a number of levels. Got it. Not saying I condone this case. But LEGITIMATELY[<-Keyword] dangerous animals[Which are fairly rare, because breeding and training] should be put down.

I also totally support pet foxes for everyone. Except people in Australia, because foxes are absurdly destructive to the ecosystem there.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I was responding to Yoink saying putting down animals for biting humans in general is a pretty awful thing to do. Obviously context is everything.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I also totally support pet foxes for everyone.
None for me, thanks. I don't like animals unless they taste good, much to the chagrin of what seems to be half of the forums lately.

I'm not one of those people who would go out of their way to disrupt other people keeping pets, but I'm not fond of them myself.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I don't mind you eating animals if they taste good.
I'm just selective about which animals taste good.  :P

I'm also not against pets; certain exotic pets, whether it is due to them being illegal or potentially dangerous or both, I disapprove of (Tarantulas, snakes, certain parrots, certain turtles, crocodiles, certain lemurs, most monkeys, bison, uh... moose... elephants... anything that's considered an arachnid...), but the standard pets (like fish, rodents, cats, dogs, racoons, foxes, most turtles, some parrots or other birds) are OK and I don't see why anyone would actively seek to eradicate them from the word. Myself, I would only keep cats for pets, because fish always die on me and I have come to the conclusion that dogs and rodents take too much training; the others are too high maintenance as well.

TL;DR: shame on people for keeping certain pets, but shame on even more people for not letting others have pets. And I like cats for their self reliant nature.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... tarantulas and most snakes are pretty harmless as pets :-\

Non-venomy snakes that have been around humans a lot are even pretty friendly when they're full, in my experience. Family had a pet boa constrictor back when I was little... fairly cheerful fellow, all told. Once walked around the local elementary school with a 6+ foot snake around my neck :P

That was after having it hanging around a room full of elementary school kids (my classmates, at the time) without incident.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Argh, I missed one dose of my medication (a 5mg generic ACE inhibitor) and I got so dizzy I nearly fell over minutes after taking it. It'll probably be this way tomorrow too, just like last time this happened, then I'll be perfectly fine until the next time fate conspires to make it impossible to refill my prescription.

grumble grumble...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Shoots Kevak in Arcvasti's direction*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the last time things went in that direction the Toad had to drop the Toadhammer...

So this case was BS on a number of levels. Got it. Not saying I condone this case. But LEGITIMATELY[<-Keyword] dangerous animals[Which are fairly rare, because breeding and training] should be put down.

I also totally support pet foxes for everyone. Except people in Australia, because foxes are absurdly destructive to the ecosystem there.

I'd say that no, we don't have enough information available to judge. We have a rather biased post on a biased site to go off and an admitted lack of details to go on.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the last time things went in that direction the Toad had to drop the Toadhammer...

Huh, what direction? I was just making a joke about Kevak always posting about foxes, unless fox means something else to Kevak?  :-\
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:24:53 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Presumably the line smelt of nautical freight to Gig.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

My sister is driving me crazy lately... 'Why you don't get a boyfriend?' 'Why don't you go to a pub or dance club?' 'Why don't you listen to latest/popular music?' 'Why you don't get a car/own apartment?' 'Why you don't try to get better paid job?' 'Why you sit at the computer all the time?' 'Why are your walks outside so short?'

Her droning is making me feel like smashing something. Even worse, my stomach have begun to react to her voice because after her today tirade I actually felt like vomiting. I couldn't eat my dinner because nausea.

I actually feel OK with my job and I happen to prefer peace and quietness of indoors and my room and my music and books.

Ugh, why some people just cannot leave introverts like me alone I:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 3259 3260 [3261] 3262 3263 ... 3345