Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3269 3270 [3271] 3272 3273 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3435920 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #49050 on: January 15, 2015, 04:28:47 am »

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother talking to someone who didn't at least capitalize  words properly, especially 'I'. I hate it when people don't make their 'I's capital letters.

Then again, I'd never go on some sort of 'talk to random people' sites anyway.

ya i h8 wen ppl dont put efort in2 there typing

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49051 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:50 am »

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother talking to someone who didn't at least capitalize  words properly, especially 'I'. I hate it when people don't make their 'I's capital letters.

Then again, I'd never go on some sort of 'talk to random people' sites anyway.

ya i h8 wen ppl dont put efort in2 there typing
* Sirus' eye twitches like mad
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49052 on: January 15, 2015, 04:35:48 am »

I'm with UXLZ on this one. It takes barely any extra effort to use proper grammar etcetera, unless u r dum in which case I probably wouldn't feel much need to communicate with you anyway. :P
Unless, of course, English isn't a person's first language. In that case I am far more forgiving.

...No doubt this post is riddled with typos or something to make me look silly. >.>

I consider grammar to be an excellent way to express tone of voice across the internet. You're way more likely to take this post seriously than one with no grammar.

Like, here it's a serious reply. Here it's not. This is a similar semi-facetious reply from me that gets no capitalization, but proper punctuation.

It actually seems to work pretty well?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49053 on: January 15, 2015, 05:08:17 am »

I leave it up to the reader to decide if I'm serious or not. Although, true, the less punctuation/grammar in a given post or message or whatever, the less seriously I take it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49054 on: January 15, 2015, 06:55:46 am »

So, after YEARS of being nagged to death by friends to watch Game of Thrones, I finally finished the first season. And to avoid Spoiler's, im gonna hide the Rant down there:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49055 on: January 15, 2015, 06:58:45 am »

So, after YEARS of being nagged to death by friends to watch Game of Thrones, I finally finished the first season. And to avoid Spoiler's, im gonna hide the Rant down there:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Season 2 is better than Season 1 imo. There's other chars to care about - you start caring about them the same way you started caring about those in Season 1 :P

and then they get killed mercilessly <_<

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49056 on: January 15, 2015, 07:00:57 am »

Just keep watching it, you silly duck.
From what I remember, judging by your complaints it'll grow on you. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49057 on: January 15, 2015, 07:21:33 am »

I still think the books are a better experience. A lot of stuff from there was left out in the screenplay, too.

Of course, if you don't read for whatever reason, then this is totally irrelevant.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49058 on: January 15, 2015, 10:15:47 am »

are you sure you didn't steal it.

we only want the best experience for our paying customers.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49059 on: January 15, 2015, 11:31:53 am »

My stepdad presented me with what sounded like a list of demands of things I have to do before we move. They are:
  • Get a driver's license. Not unreasonable if it wasn't a requirement to avoid homelessness and the fact it requires a vehicle that in turn requires both driving skill and money and effort to maintain, things I lack and the bus system is easy enough.
  • Get a "real" job. Apparently, my current employment appears to be "imaginary", as are all the paystubs for more than a year somehow being imagined as well.
  • Get baptized. Yes, he dropped this one on me again this morning.

He also insinuated that he would raise my rent to more than double what I pay now. Or even more than that, he dropped the number $3000/month in there.

I want to throw up, and I bet this has little to do with the flu I've been fighting for a week or two.

Since he's waiting until we move, I don't know what legal protection I have if he tries to do that. Furthermore, I don't know what the details of the means of securing this new home are. If it's the same thing we were doing 8 months ago, then I imagine that the people securing the house for us would not be happy to hear everything in this post. But the situation could have changed without them telling me.

are you sure you didn't steal it.

we only want the best experience for our paying customers.

Most DRM schemes hurt legitimate customers more than anything. Plus, if you register, they can make even more money by selling your info!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49060 on: January 15, 2015, 11:35:24 am »

I still think the books are a better experience. A lot of stuff from there was left out in the screenplay, too.

Of course, if you don't read for whatever reason, then this is totally irrelevant.
Books get a +1 from me to.

@Dad thing:
Maybe move out? I know for much less then $3000 a month you could get a really, really nice place in most places. Maybe looks around the housing market and see what is a aliable.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49061 on: January 15, 2015, 11:36:57 am »

Unless you have a written agreement of your rent, there's not much you can do, legally. At that point it'd probably be cheaper and better for you in the long run to just find a new place.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49062 on: January 15, 2015, 11:40:12 am »

I'd agree with AlleeCat.
As for the "real job" part, I'm going to go out on a bad limb here and guess that he means 'one that pays better than your current imaginary one'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49063 on: January 15, 2015, 11:45:09 am »

Uhm, I pay ~$475 for half a house and utilities. You're dad is a moron.

But then we all knew that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49064 on: January 15, 2015, 11:52:27 am »

Maybe it's a typo and Akura meant $300...?
Of course, if it's $3000 then it's probably cheaper to just move out.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 3269 3270 [3271] 3272 3273 ... 3345