Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3429049 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #49230 on: January 17, 2015, 09:21:09 pm »

Throat cancer is Batman?

He Certainly sounds that way
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49231 on: January 17, 2015, 09:22:13 pm »

I'm never taking my business there again. At least it was gift cards, so I guess I had to spend them at GameStop, but they are some overpriced assholes.
I always assumed that physical game shops are around more for the peasantry than anything else. Since they need physical media (well not really but publishers think that it helps stop piracy or whatever) and all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49232 on: January 17, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

I am going to kill the CEO of GameStop.

I wanted to buy Civ 5 since I heard it was so good. I got some GameStop gift cards for Christmas, so I decided to go to their creepy store. They didn't have it there, so I tried their website. I then went through the trouble of creating a store account, filling out a bunch of billing information, and finally buying the digital download for the complete version with all expansions for $55. It then redirected me to Steam, so I made a Steam account. It gave me a code to get  the game off of Steam. I started the 2 hour download, and decided to see how much I could've gotten the game for on Steam directly.

$12.49

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

I'm never taking my business there again. At least it was gift cards, so I guess I had to spend them at GameStop, but they are some overpriced assholes.

Wait, hold up, you're pissed at a company because you bought something from them before doing your homework? Competitors often have different prices, and GameStop doesn't price match.

Furthermore, you still got the game for no cost to you. Being pissed about that makes no sense.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49233 on: January 17, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

I wanted to buy Civ 5 since I heard it was so good. I got some GameStop gift cards for Christmas, so I decided to go to their creepy store. They didn't have it there, so I tried their website. I then went through the trouble of creating a store account, filling out a bunch of billing information, and finally buying the digital download for the complete version with all expansions for $55. It then redirected me to Steam, so I made a Steam account. It gave me a code to get  the game off of Steam. I started the 2 hour download, and decided to see how much I could've gotten the game for on Steam directly.

$12.49

Wait, hold up, you're pissed at a company because you bought something from them before doing your homework? Competitors often have different prices, and GameStop doesn't price match.

Furthermore, you still got the game for no cost to you. Being pissed about that makes no sense.
Yeah, I guess it's my fault. Just wanted to rant, sorry. Do not take this seriously.

Still, I'm done with them.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49234 on: January 17, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »

Just learn to shop around, mang. You can save a lot of money if you check places like Amazon or the ShopSavvy app before you pull the trigger.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49235 on: January 17, 2015, 09:28:02 pm »

$12.49

I think the point was that he had to download it through steam anyway so why the hell are they selling him a disk
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49236 on: January 17, 2015, 09:28:43 pm »

They didn't sell him a disc. It very explicitly states on the site that it's a download code. Multiple times.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:31:32 pm by MaximumZero »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49237 on: January 17, 2015, 09:30:21 pm »

Excuse me while I facepalm for an hour. Then play Civ 5 to cheer myself up.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49238 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:13 pm »

Personally Civilization 5 won't play on my computer
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49239 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:49 pm »

I know a guy who builds them. Hint: That guy is me.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49240 on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:21 pm »

Personally there are far better things I could be doing with my time than writing this.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49241 on: January 17, 2015, 10:16:23 pm »

I think a flood warning needs to be issued with how much sweat's pouring out of me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49242 on: January 17, 2015, 10:20:39 pm »

I think a flood warning needs to be issued with how much sweat's pouring out of me.
I know your pain.

It's thirty-one degrees here and I'm meeeelting.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49243 on: January 17, 2015, 10:24:37 pm »

Thirty-five here. Ha!
And there's apparently 30% humidity. Excuse me, I'm going to go drink some more water.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #49244 on: January 17, 2015, 10:29:28 pm »

I know your pain.

It's thirty-one degrees here and I'm meeeelting.
Thirty-five here. Ha!
And there's apparently 30% humidity. Excuse me, I'm going to go drink some more water.
IT'S NEGATIVE FREAKING SIX DEGREES OUT HERE YOU SOUTHSCRUBS
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 3345