Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3290 3291 [3292] 3293 3294 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426799 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #49365 on: January 19, 2015, 11:55:29 pm »

I was sleeping quite happily. Then my body decided I should wake up for no reason at 4am. Now I can't get back to sleep because my nose is producing enough mucous to entangle a small child.
eewwwwwww
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49366 on: January 20, 2015, 02:50:24 am »

RAEGE: Cat. In my porridge.

Also the porridge is terrible anyway because I used the wrong cats.
FTFY

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49367 on: January 20, 2015, 08:51:10 am »

Terraria decided to suddenly delete a character I had been playing for weeks. No warning, no reason, no backup. I was so infuriated that I deleted Terraria from my system, including the save folder.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #49368 on: January 20, 2015, 08:55:35 am »

Woke up early to go to lab, opened computer, received an email an hour ago saying not to go this week.
It's FEF, not FEOF

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49369 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:19 am »

I was sleeping quite happily. Then my body decided I should wake up for no reason at 4am. Now I can't get back to sleep because my nose is producing enough mucous to entangle a small child.
It could be worse, you could have been woken up by a charlie-horse. Worst, Alarm-clock, EVER. Seriously it's just like, sleep, sleep, OH GOD WHY IS THERE PAIN. Followed by me flying out of bed (because standing/bouncing on a charlie-horse is the only thing I've found that helps) and ramming in to the bed post.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49370 on: January 20, 2015, 09:21:27 am »

Wut?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49371 on: January 20, 2015, 09:24:17 am »

Charlie horse is a colloquial term for severe cramping, usually of the legs.

Eat a banana and drink some water, Tim. Hydration and potassium are the two best ways to prevent cramps.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49372 on: January 20, 2015, 09:25:02 am »

So, I finally found my ipod's usb cable after searching intensively for it over the past couple of days, almost giving into despair as my ipod sat there dormant.

IT WAS RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE ON THE FUCKING DESK WHERE I THOUGHT IT WAS IN THE FIRST PLACE AAAGH
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49373 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:44 am »

Eat a banana and drink some water, Tim. Hydration and potassium are the two best ways to prevent cramps.
I know, I'm terrible about my potassium intake. It happens maybe once every month or two, I really should get on that. The problem is, my kids devour bananas like sweets, so it's rare we have any long enough for them to get to the stage of ripeness I like.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49374 on: January 20, 2015, 10:25:54 am »

If you want to be a cheating bastard, you could order some potassium citrate and just mix a bit in with your drinks every now and again. Be careful not to overdose, and don't bother with pills (which are legally required to supply no more than 3% of the daily recommended intake apiece in order to prevent people overdosing).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49375 on: January 20, 2015, 10:31:18 am »

More likely I'll just stop making excuses and eat a banana every now and then.

Even more likely I'll just not do anything.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49376 on: January 20, 2015, 10:52:06 am »

So, I finally found my ipod's usb cable after searching intensively for it over the past couple of days, almost giving into despair as my ipod sat there dormant.

IT WAS RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE ON THE FUCKING DESK WHERE I THOUGHT IT WAS IN THE FIRST PLACE AAAGH
Oh man, the same thing happened to so many times I'm currently having a hypothesis that there is a sentient magic entity in my house which periodically hides away the items and reveals them later.
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49377 on: January 20, 2015, 11:06:42 am »

I know, I'm terrible about my potassium intake. It happens maybe once every month or two, I really should get on that. The problem is, my kids devour bananas like sweets, so it's rare we have any long enough for them to get to the stage of ripeness I like.

Someone I know had this problem a lot on long bike rides, and didn't get enough from the diluted gatorade we mixed, so he added NoSalt.  Just one of those potassium-based salt substitutes.  Bananas were awkward to carry and were complicated by his diabetes anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49378 on: January 20, 2015, 11:09:00 am »

Oh man, the same thing happened to so many times I'm currently having a hypothesis that there is a sentient magic entity in my house which periodically hides away the items and reveals them later.
I have no one to blame but myself. I set stuff down wherever is convienent, and have to search the entire house for it later. It's usually my glasses that I put down in the most random place possible.
This has been less bad since I went to college by virtue of the there being fewer places to put stuff in my dorm, but I still managed to set my iPod in the keyboard tray when I got up to go to the bathroom and spent at least an hour freaking out looking for it later.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49379 on: January 20, 2015, 11:10:20 am »

I'm really absent minded, so I've adopted the following policy: If I lost something and found it later, I put it in the first place I searched for it. Then, when I need it again, it's going to be in the first place I'll (hypothetically) look for it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3290 3291 [3292] 3293 3294 ... 3345