Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3294 3295 [3296] 3297 3298 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3419029 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #49425 on: January 21, 2015, 01:43:58 pm »

Ye gods, I miss the health insurance I had when I was still covered by my parents. It was so much convenient than what I have to deal with now @_@
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49426 on: January 21, 2015, 05:41:34 pm »

Looks like you need better unions. Here we have two weeks of leave when our wives give birth.
Our government does everything it can to gut the unions every chance it gets.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49427 on: January 21, 2015, 05:43:52 pm »

Looks like you need better unions. Here we have two weeks of leave when our wives give birth.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/08/barack-obama-margaret-thatcher-friend
COINCIDENCE???

No of course not who would suggest it was?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49428 on: January 21, 2015, 06:52:11 pm »

It seems to depend heavily on a state-to-state basis. I know some people who have said that their unions work rather nicely in their states (as opposed to here in the AZ, where the unions have basically zero power and most people aren't even in one).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49429 on: January 21, 2015, 06:56:46 pm »

It goes both ways. Unions protect workers, but they're also a political lobby unto themselves and sometimes labor union controls are outrageous. (Not being allowed to work without joining the Union, dues, spending Union money on stupid shit that doesn't have anything to do with the Union.)

It's one of those things where both sides are often right. We need Union protections, and Unions can often be thugs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49430 on: January 21, 2015, 07:11:20 pm »

Well, you don't need unions if you live in a place where the government puts a modicum of effort in to keeping employees not-miserable.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49431 on: January 21, 2015, 07:22:23 pm »

You do need them to keep the government from changing its ways then, though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:35:54 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49432 on: January 21, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »

Students in graduate classes asking fucking idiotic questions to win "smart points" that the professor doesn't have on offer, so that he can't finish the first proposition of the course in the proposed lecture time. Also, some morons who don't know what the word "finite" means and apparently don't have the shame to go home and look it up. Fuckwads. It was the same two or three douchebags, too, over and over again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49433 on: January 21, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »

Also, some morons who don't know what the word "finite" means and apparently don't have the shame to go home and look it up.
+1 right here. Especially considering most people have phones that would let them look it up in seconds.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49434 on: January 21, 2015, 07:26:21 pm »

Flipped my shit during class time and raged on a game thread about it when it wasn't that big of a deal. Now more people are getting thrust into the fire that didn't need to get involved. I'm a mixture of angry at myself for starting shit, angry at one of the guys fanning the flames in particular, but I'm also disappointed in myself for letting myself get out of hand and not vent on here as much as I hate this thread for the comments everyone thrusts at you because they're raging as well.

I don't want another fire to spread, especially on a game thread this large, on something stupid that I caused. We're humans, not dwarves; we're not supposed cause tantrum spirals.

Also raging because I keep "forgetting" to go to my rehab meetings (I either lose track of time or do something time consuming to miss it. Today it was shoveling the driveway and shitty traffic on the way home). I'm also raging at someone I talk to regularly and how hard he tries to aggrivate me, and I don't know why. Mostly, it happend when I got back from rehab he started acting this way, but its a mixture of rage and being hurt. Some of this probably will end up on the sad thread as well, but hey, pain can bring up anger in a heartbeat for me
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49435 on: January 21, 2015, 07:27:15 pm »

How can you not know what finite means? = \
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49436 on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:44 pm »

It may be because English wasn't his first language, but

a. That was absolutely mandatory knowledge in the 5 prerequisite classes you need to get this far
b. From the sound of things, he just left his brain at home and decided that the "finite" on the board must instead be "countably infinite" for absolutely no good reason.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49437 on: January 21, 2015, 07:33:49 pm »

Countably infinite? Whah? Isn't that the exact opposite of infinite's meaning...

Literally
impossible to measure

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49438 on: January 21, 2015, 07:37:28 pm »

Countably infinite? Whah? Isn't that the exact opposite of infinite's meaning...

Literally
impossible to measure

Countably infinite means that the set can be indexed by the counting numbers, i.e. that you can count them off one at a time.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... etc.

or A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, ... etc.

or A1, B1, A2, B2, A3, B2, ... etc.

or 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, ... etc.

or the fractions.

Uncountably infinite means that there are more numbers than that, like when it comes to decimals. For more information on sizes of infinity, please direct your attention to Cantor's diagonalization argument.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49439 on: January 21, 2015, 07:38:19 pm »

Methematicians differentiate between various kinds of infinity; countable infinity is the 'smallest' infinity, in a sense. The natural numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, etc for example are countably infinite, because they're infinite and you can, well, count them.
Ninja'd by Vec.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 3294 3295 [3296] 3297 3298 ... 3345