Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425534 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49620 on: January 24, 2015, 08:09:58 pm »

I hate shopping at Aldi.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #49621 on: January 24, 2015, 08:14:56 pm »

Isn't that the place with all the wacky brands nobody else sells?

EDIT: Wait, I do remember that that place has some friggin' awesome chocolate bars.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:19:57 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49622 on: January 24, 2015, 08:17:46 pm »

It's strange hearing foreigners talk about our standard discounter...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49623 on: January 24, 2015, 08:19:23 pm »

I remember seeing that when I went to Australia a few years back.

I thought it was just a wacky Australian thing, like that movie about gangster kangaroos.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49624 on: January 24, 2015, 08:21:55 pm »

Wacky brands that just happen to be within a word or two of being identical to the name brands, yes. :P
The place is where penny-pinchers and discount afficionadoes go to die.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49625 on: January 24, 2015, 08:23:51 pm »

It's one of the few big German retail corporations - around here Aldi's the standard discounter (low prices, lower quality, no big selection, and the same wherever you go), but apparently they've been conquering more upscale market segments in other countries.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49626 on: January 24, 2015, 08:35:59 pm »

They're very cheap around here in the Midwest US, and they are my favorite place to shop. They have much better cheese at a much better price than their nearest competitor, and in winter, stollen cakes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49627 on: January 24, 2015, 08:47:26 pm »

They're very cheap around here in the Midwest US, and they are my favorite place to shop. They have much better cheese at a much better price than their nearest competitor, and in winter, stollen cakes.
Yeh, our Aldi stores are great. They're very understaffed, but I'd imagine it's because they pay pretty well and would rather use their labor budget on quality instead of quantity. The average cashier and stock monkey at an Aldi start with the same wage (or better) as I did as an Assistant Manager at GameStop.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #49628 on: January 24, 2015, 08:50:33 pm »

I hail our new Aldi overlords. We just got one here in my town in Oklahoma, but they're far away and we usually go shopping at the closer, locally owned discount supermarket- it has a larger selection.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49629 on: January 24, 2015, 08:56:38 pm »

It's one of the few big German retail corporations - around here Aldi's the standard discounter (low prices, lower quality, no big selection, and the same wherever you go), but apparently they've been conquering more upscale market segments in other countries.

That's pretty much what they sell here. It's mostly meats, produce, and other staple foods, along with some overpriced snack food type stuff that nobody buys. It's all quite cheap and of decent quality. The only exception is the wines, they have a decently wide selection but none of it is really worth a second look.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49630 on: January 24, 2015, 09:01:36 pm »

Are you implying those $3 Winking Owl bottles of White Zinf aren't amazing bargains?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49631 on: January 24, 2015, 09:38:51 pm »

stollen cakes.
Stolen cakes? Why would you...
*asks Google*
Ohhhhh...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49632 on: January 25, 2015, 01:30:53 am »

It's midnight
Tried to get the half indoors half outdoors cats back in and one of the indoors only cats escaped so guess who got to chase after a cat in flip flops and underpants?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49633 on: January 25, 2015, 01:32:28 am »

It's midnight
Tried to get the half indoors half outdoors cats back in and one of the indoors only cats escaped so guess who got to chase after a cat in flip flops and underpants?

I hope to god you live in the Southern Hemisphere
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49634 on: January 25, 2015, 01:36:24 am »

It's midnight

I hope to god you live in the Southern Hemisphere

Why's that?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 3345