Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3309 3310 [3311] 3312 3313 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3422829 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49650 on: January 25, 2015, 10:31:18 pm »

Not so much a rage as it is annoyance. I seem to be the only one (out of me and my two roommates) who takes the trash out regularly. I kinda want to just leave everything alone and wait for someone else to deal with it--the full bag of trash that's sitting on the floor waiting to be taken out, and leave the trash can that's full of trash to the point where it's becoming a mound rising up over the rim of the trash--buuuut that would make the room messier. And it makes throwing trash into the already full-ass trashcan kinda difficult because it's already full you idiots take it out already aaaaaaaugh it takes five minutes why don't you do it aaaaaaaa---

Ahem. But if I do take the trash out it means I'm permitting my roommates to continue to be lazy bums who can't even be bothered to take a bag of trash out once in a while. Conflicting emotions.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49651 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:55 pm »

You could... say something? Maybe mention something to an intermediary (landlord, housing staff, whatever).

If you're looking for the passive-aggressive route, you could pointedly put the garbage bags in their rooms (/on their beds, if there's no separate rooms) or something.

If you're dealing with roommates, though, there's a pretty good chance if you left it alone that, uh. It would just build up. And up. And further up, until you've got an impromptu shrine to papa nurgle erected in your domicile. Y'have to ask yourself if their ability to function as an independent human being is worth more to you than health and safety risks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #49652 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:15 pm »

I would think it'd be natural to just be like "oh, the trash can is full and I'm literally not doing anything important for hours on end, I'll just take the trash out now since it only takes five minutes of my time and energy" but apparently not.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49653 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:42 pm »

It often doesn't work like that, no.
Ask not!
Ask!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49654 on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:19 pm »

Yeah, you gotta talk it out at least once. Don't assume that anybody you're living with gives the same number of shits about your priorities that you do. Of course, if after talking about it they still make no effort to help out (and keep in mind, it might be that you just need to work out that sometimes you'll need to ask them to do it instead of relying on their own initiative), then they have no excuse.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49655 on: January 26, 2015, 12:58:49 am »

Abusive parents.  Not mine, my parents are amazing, but I just got the full story of the home life of one of my friends.  I'm going to be surprised if he doesn't get arrested after what happened today.  RAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEG AT THE ABUSIVE FATHER.  ALL MY RAEG.
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49656 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:01 am »

Not so much a rage as it is annoyance. I seem to be the only one (out of me and my two roommates) who takes the trash out regularly. I kinda want to just leave everything alone and wait for someone else to deal with it--the full bag of trash that's sitting on the floor waiting to be taken out, and leave the trash can that's full of trash to the point where it's becoming a mound rising up over the rim of the trash--buuuut that would make the room messier. And it makes throwing trash into the already full-ass trashcan kinda difficult because it's already full you idiots take it out already aaaaaaaugh it takes five minutes why don't you do it aaaaaaaa---

Ahem. But if I do take the trash out it means I'm permitting my roommates to continue to be lazy bums who can't even be bothered to take a bag of trash out once in a while. Conflicting emotions.

Slovenly roommates are the worst. Even more when they don't seem to understand how annoying their behaviour is and just think you're making a big deal out of nothing. >:l

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49657 on: January 26, 2015, 08:37:30 am »

Install a game. Turns out game requires both internet connection and a Windows LIVE account to save even single player games. What kind of fucktard designs such a system?!

My stepdad has fallen back to an old piece of asshattery this morning. He sees me eating a particular thing for breakfast, then takes all of hatever that was and hides it somewhere. I was counting on those two entire boxes of pancake mix for breakfast. Now all I have is stale cornflakes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49658 on: January 26, 2015, 08:45:41 am »

Install a game. Turns out game requires both internet connection and a Windows LIVE account to save even single player games. What kind of fucktard designs such a system?!
The kind that is a stealth supporter of piracy.

Don't even have words for that second bit, though. That person is a person that really needs some violence inflicted upon them at some point, it seems like.
Ask not!
Ask!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49659 on: January 26, 2015, 09:28:37 am »

The kind that is a stealth supporter of piracy.

Don't even have words for that second bit, though. That person is a person that really needs some violence inflicted upon them at some point, it seems like.
Some people just want to see the world burn.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49660 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:56 pm »

Distractedly went to eat what I thought was a piece of cookie.
It was a rock. Now my tooth hurts.

DAMNIT FLOOR-COOKIE WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME SO

I laughed  :)

Sorry. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49661 on: January 26, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »

Distractedly went to eat what I thought was a piece of cookie.
It was a rock. Now my tooth hurts.

DAMNIT FLOOR-COOKIE WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME SO

Have a cookie in consolation.

Spoiler: For Yoink (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49662 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:23 pm »

Join the Dark Side. We have cookies!

Cookies you can throw at your enemies!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49663 on: January 26, 2015, 04:25:45 pm »

The elections thread name ends with "IT IS TERRIFYING", and I keep clicking on it thinking it's the terrifying thread, only to be horribly disappointed. GRRRRRRRR!!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49664 on: January 26, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

Too terrifying for you, eh?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 3309 3310 [3311] 3312 3313 ... 3345