Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3313 3314 [3315] 3316 3317 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428723 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49710 on: January 27, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »

Stonekeep incident?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49711 on: January 27, 2015, 08:48:36 pm »

Ugh, as often happens I have to catch a bus instead of train for the rest of the way.
That was one good thing about the PT in Melbourne, the trains actually ran more often than not. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49712 on: January 27, 2015, 10:59:48 pm »

Arglefargle. Playing a bit of Fortune Summoner, and let me just say this with a degree of fervor: Fuck all things that fly.

That is all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49713 on: January 27, 2015, 11:20:31 pm »

Oh for fuc--

Which bright head over at YouTube decided to implant that autoplay function in such way it currently is impanted? Because Armok almighty if there is ONE thing MORE annoying than a function that BY DEFAULT starts to play a video THEY THINK is the most appropriate after you finish watching a video before it and it CAN'T be controlled by ANY immediately visible, non-hassle option in, you know, OPTIONS... then it's all this but add the fact that this function JUST APPEARS AND DISAPPEARS AT RANDOM FUCKING INTERVALS.

Sorry, I had to let this out. This is really grinding my gears.

Fuck this 1st world problems, mang, time to relocate to 3rd world country, build a mudhouse and spend the rest of my days being shafted by majority of the rest of the world including myself.
Not to downplay how shitty Google's design team is, but there is now an obviously-labelled "Autoplay" switch at the top of the right-hand feed. I seem to recall at least one iteration where you couldn't turn off autoplay at all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49714 on: January 27, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »

-snip large post-
This really hits me hard.

The first D&D group I was with (in highschool, we were playing 3.5) was frickin' awesome.
Our characters were all flawed as shit, and the concept of "optimizing" was completely foreign to us.
I was a lawful evil cleric of a fire god, wielding a censor, and had the highest strength at 16. Our druid was a total idiot that thought he could sneak attack, and once, in the middle of a conversation with an NPC guard, smacked the guy in the face with the butt of his Morningstar, and knocked him out cold from a crit. With practically no reason. And the best part was me getting to say "I'm the evil one! Why are you knocking out guards?"
The second best part was our other cleric, who was chaotic good, and worshipped the mortal enemy of my god, kept trying to hit on my character, while ignoring my explaining as to the immoral implications of such, just so you understand what a total clusterfuck this group was.

Anyway, [/rant], it was fun.
But that ended once a particular person tried to join the group with a fucking full-orc with 22 strength, 18 dexterity, and no less that a modifier of at least +2 on everything else.
And claiming he rolled this character fairly.
He pretty much dominated every single encounter, and when people complained about it, he blamed us for not having min-maxed characters like he did.
We should have just stopped playing with that guy, but instead, we made different characters, and it was never that fun again.

I whole-heartedly support the idea of a flawed character. I love characters designed to fit a theme, and not just to abuse the system, or follow a guideline.
And people getting on each other for a backstory is just plain dumb. If they have a problem with it, they can just change some names around, or something. Nobody cares if you've been the supreme emperor of a country that nobody's heard of before. Roleplaying that one may actually be pretty fun, to think of it.

But yeah, in that original group, if someone wanted to take a feat, they did. If the GM asked why they should have it, the player could respond with "Cause I want to" and that was it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49715 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:45 pm »

yeah, Highmax, if your group is taking Pathfinder that seriously, perhaps it's time to find another group.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49716 on: January 28, 2015, 12:06:24 am »

In my current DnD (5E) campaign, I'm playing an Unaligned Paladin, with crappy constitution but high strength and dexterity. He wields a Glaive and can hit people who enter his threat range (and once I get my next feat, anyone he hits also get stopped dead. So what's going to happen is that this range-1 sword wielding enemy tries to charge me, and I hit him from 2 squares away. He gets stopped dead and can't hit me that turn. Then I move a few squares away and the process repeats... :v)

The character follows the Dragon God of Good Bahamut, but not really through any will of his own. He essentially made a deal with Bahamut in a moment of sorrow: Servitude in exchange for revenge. He's secretly a member of a hidden order which aims to destroy evil through any means necessary. He actually went behind the party's back and killed an evil character we had a made a deal with and were keeping in captivity. Hell, if it weren't for the ship we were travelling on getting attacked by pirates, it may have ended up with Mafia-style intrigue, since I used a different party member's arrow to kill him.
Though that was because I had a bow but had forgotten to actually... Y'know, buy arrows. Not because I wanted to frame him :v

I mean, this guy's backstory adds a whole other facet to one of the world's major deities, and the DM is fine with it. Hell, he loves the idea.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49717 on: January 28, 2015, 12:15:19 am »

Jeez. There's optimizing, and then there's being a titanic dickwaffle. There's a lot of ways to cross that line, but good signs that it's been crossed include offering unsolicited "advice" when asked to stop, deciding that optimization limits what people can play instead of being around to help them play it, disrupting a group's playstyle and insisting they're the ones at fault, and outright cheating when optimization just doesn't float your boat anymore. And, of course, trying to win a game nobody else is even playing (that is, the character optimization game).

D&D is about CharOp like FF7 is about Chocobo Breeding, and the more I think about it the more that analogy is a good one.

EDIT: And I say all this as somebody who's spent more time playing the CharOp game than the rest of it, for reference.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:18:41 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49718 on: January 28, 2015, 12:47:52 am »

Today friggin sucked and tomorrow isn't shaping up to be any better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49719 on: January 28, 2015, 01:05:58 am »

Not so much a rage as it is annoyance. I seem to be the only one (out of me and my two roommates) who takes the trash out regularly. I kinda want to just leave everything alone and wait for someone else to deal with it--the full bag of trash that's sitting on the floor waiting to be taken out, and leave the trash can that's full of trash to the point where it's becoming a mound rising up over the rim of the trash--buuuut that would make the room messier. And it makes throwing trash into the already full-ass trashcan kinda difficult because it's already full you idiots take it out already aaaaaaaugh it takes five minutes why don't you do it aaaaaaaa---

Ahem. But if I do take the trash out it means I'm permitting my roommates to continue to be lazy bums who can't even be bothered to take a bag of trash out once in a while. Conflicting emotions.
This post made me realize I had to take out the trash... >_>

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #49720 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:26 am »

I was helpful! Totally didn't mean for that but whatever, I'll take it anyway.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49721 on: January 28, 2015, 01:49:52 am »

I was helpful! Totally didn't mean for that but whatever, I'll take it anyway.
Is good attitude, hardworking :o Balance with attitude for others to think of others too! Very good that.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49722 on: January 28, 2015, 01:51:00 am »

Tiruin are you okay?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49723 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:16 am »

I think she is having a stroke.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49724 on: January 28, 2015, 01:59:01 am »

Tiruin are you okay?
I'm being silly with my English @_@
Its the result of discussing attitude and biology with one of very good instructors in my university, and being silly together. She's a real insightful person, and also very, very silly. :P

Dutchling is silly. o_o
Pages: 1 ... 3313 3314 [3315] 3316 3317 ... 3345