Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3320 3321 [3322] 3323 3324 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3419547 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49815 on: January 29, 2015, 08:39:47 pm »

Ah. Well, the latter would be pretty obvious, wouldn't it? You'd think some gratuitous fraction of that program's use would be sending pictures of genitalia back and forth even before you got to harassment.

Less "You'd think" and more "We know." The game is to get on Snap Chat and see how many you can go before you see a penis. It's like the Flasher's dream, they can fulfill their fantasy from the comfort of their computer chair.

Also, whatever happened to the Flasher? That was like, the go-to deviant the 80s and early 90s. Did the internet kill them too?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:42:03 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49816 on: January 29, 2015, 08:44:00 pm »

Blazes if I know. The concept still pops up in drawn stuff fairly often, for what that's worth. And you still have it actually happening, in the whole... reality... thing. But yeah, I guess it's not as common a thing as it once was. Even the skanky old dude in the trenchcoat and naught else has gone digital.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49817 on: January 29, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »

Jesus, Sanskrit pronouns are unmemorizable. And this chapter doesn't even present all of them!

I swear to god, as soon as my knowledge of the language is up to good reading speed, I'm writing my own textbook. This one should be way too shoddy to be the best on the market, and yet it is.
But keep at it, for soon you'll be able to use the mother language Sanskrit to program combutors for NASA!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49818 on: January 29, 2015, 09:16:23 pm »

Write that book, and I'll read it.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49819 on: January 29, 2015, 10:12:25 pm »

If footjob wants to write a texbook about sanskrit I will learn the shit out of it

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49820 on: January 29, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »

footj-oh right that
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49821 on: January 30, 2015, 02:02:12 am »

Fucking work.

There are four people on my team who have the ability to write entries to clear shit through customs.  Two of them are scheduled off tomorrow.  The other called off sick today, and I'm guessing probably will again tomorrow.  That will leave me as the only one.  In addition to my primary responsibilities, which do not include writing entries.  Almost nothing got cleared today, due to various issues.  So I took a whole bunch of work home, knowing that if I didn't get at least some of it done that tomorrow will probably end up an unmanageable nightmare.

So around 11 pm, after taking care of my family and allowing a couple hours for myself afterwards, I finally convince myself to get to it (I normally don't go to sleep until 1-2 am anyway).  I open up my e-mail, and the first thing I see is notification of a motherfucking hand carry, which the customer didn't bother to send us an e-mail about until after office hours and or call anyone.  These are super urgent things that require a lot of special attention.  Basically, instead of normal freight that gets handled by truckers and gets cleared electronically and such, a hand carry is where the importer hires a courier to fly an item into the country like it's his own baggage.  It's a super ultra expedited delivery service.  And it requires a super special customs clearance process, which cannot be done electronically.  We have to hire a courier to submit the entry to customs by hand for us.  And it's fucking 11 pm.  The courier is landing in Chicago at 5 am.  If this doesn't clear by the time he lands, then the courier gets stranded at the airport and the situation turns into a massive shitstorm.

So I call my supervisors to raise the alarms.  And set about writing the entry for this thing, instead of all the other work I was planning on doing.  We exhaust every option, but it's impossible to get hold of a courier service this late at night, without having anything set up on advance notice.  One of my supervisors used to work in Chicago and has a personal contact she manages to get hold of, but that person finds that her printer is dead, so she can't help us.

So now it's almost 2 am and I'm going to bed.  This thing is likely going to fail, and it will be a huge issue among several pre-existing that I will be swamped with tomorrow, with most of my time likely to be taken up by explaining why I'm not accountable for other people's fuck ups.  I didn't get to work on anything else that I needed to, because this took up about 2 1/2 hours of the night.  And the person who I'm expecting to call in tomorrow works an early shift, covering some special stuff that I'm not very familiar with.  She starts at 6:30 am and has those clearances done by 8 am.  So I may be getting 3 hours of sleep or less after all this, going into what's likely to be a hell of a day.

This is why I can't fucking do anything with my life.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:04:41 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49822 on: January 30, 2015, 08:40:50 am »

Dear Uni: Why, as someone in Biotech, I need to take goddamn Quantum Physics, when all the practically applicable uses have been covered?

I wouldn't mind learning stuff that much, but the course presumes faaaaaar more familiarity with stuff like vector-based mathematics and multi-dimensional calculus than anybody on the damn course has, since pretty much everyone is after the rough equivalent of AP in Biology and Chemistry instead of math/physics.

This made me think of X-Com: Apocalypse. There's three kinds of technicians you can hire: Biotechs, Quantum Physicists, and the engineers who build everything the first two design, implying knowledge of both is required.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49823 on: January 30, 2015, 10:07:00 am »

My left leg is unbearably itchy and has quite a few swollen lumps on it.
Bug bites? Seems unlikely. I haven't seen any bugs in my room that could leave such large bites.
Allergic reaction? To what? I haven't been around anything new or switched detergent or anything.
Seems odd they're even there, but they're driving me crazy. I don't have any hydrocortisone cream on anything. All I have is this Gold Bond lotion that isn't doing anything at all to help. Icing them seems to help a little.

Dear Uni: Why, as someone in Biotech, I need to take goddamn Quantum Physics, when all the practically applicable uses have been covered?
Dear scrdest: Please help me figure out how to get a Biotech degree. There don't seem to be many schools around here with a program like that.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #49824 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:56 am »

Dear scrdest: Please help me figure out how to get a Biotech degree. There don't seem to be many schools around here with a program like that.

Ah, see, I'm Polish, curricula differ. Even here, Biotech as a separate faculty (along with Biophysics and Biochemistry) has split off of Molecular Biology recently enough that one professor who seems to be in his late fourties to early fifties was one of the people involved in making it happen.

They've sprung up here because EU would subsidize them, in the US, you should check if the school doesn't happen to have a track in Biotech in their Biology programs. Otherwise, I've stumbled upon that if it helps you find anything in the US.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49825 on: January 30, 2015, 10:26:44 am »

ShitRedditSays.

I realize this is poor timing after yesterday's WTF Thread exchange on social justice and Reddit, but holy hell these people are hypocrites. Not because of their bizarre politics, mind you - insane as they are ("I think this attractive woman is attractive because I am a heterosexual man" is apparently bigotry?), they're entitled to their views.

No, SRS are hypocrites because they use "redditor" (also: "redditeur", "predditor") as insults, use the words of a handful of people to accuse an entire site of being bigots, pedophiles, and rapists, mock people for caring too much about "muh internet points", say shit like "burn Reddit to the ground", and remind people to never buy Reddit gold because they don't want to support a site full of le shitlords.

Meanwhile, they themselves use Reddit almost habitually, use and abuse the karma system, and get nasty when Reddit doesn't spend its money how they want it to. They claim to be a "circlequeef" and that they are not to be taken seriously... which I could believe if they didn't operate a vast network of "satellite" subreddits on everything from feminism and trans rights (obviously) to movies and music. They're hardcore Reddit addicts who insist that they actually hate the site and that they're nothing like those disgusting redditors.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49826 on: January 30, 2015, 10:34:45 am »

I'm just going to say that this post made me angry and I'm not going to say why because I don't want to start another fucking argument. Cease and desist, please.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49827 on: January 30, 2015, 10:45:06 am »

Bug bites? Seems unlikely. I haven't seen any bugs in my room that could leave such large bites.
Allergic reaction? To what? I haven't been around anything new or switched detergent or anything.
Seems odd they're even there, but they're driving me crazy. I don't have any hydrocortisone cream on anything. All I have is this Gold Bond lotion that isn't doing anything at all to help. Icing them seems to help a little.

heat spots maybe?

ShitRedditSays.

I realize this is poor timing after yesterday's WTF Thread exchange on social justice and Reddit, but holy hell these people are hypocrites. Not because of their bizarre politics, mind you - insane as they are ("I think this attractive woman is attractive because I am a heterosexual man" is apparently bigotry?), they're entitled to their views.

No, SRS are hypocrites because they use "redditor" (also: "redditeur", "predditor") as insults, use the words of a handful of people to accuse an entire site of being bigots, pedophiles, and rapists, mock people for caring too much about "muh internet points", say shit like "burn Reddit to the ground", and remind people to never buy Reddit gold because they don't want to support a site full of le shitlords.

Meanwhile, they themselves use Reddit almost habitually, use and abuse the karma system, and get nasty when Reddit doesn't spend its money how they want it to. They claim to be a "circlequeef" and that they are not to be taken seriously... which I could believe if they didn't operate a vast network of "satellite" subreddits on everything from feminism and trans rights (obviously) to movies and music. They're hardcore Reddit addicts who insist that they actually hate the site and that they're nothing like those disgusting redditors.

Reddit is cool as long as you stay away from the blasted wastelands of the default/tumblrista/redpill/drama subs. Going anywhere near SRS subs is just asking for a headache.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49828 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:02 am »

heat spots maybe?
Doesn't look like it. It really just looks like a spider bit the crap out of my leg.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49829 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:25 am »

Much to everyone's dismay, I am an SRSer, though generally I stick to SRSGaming.

Come at me bros. And by "come at me" I mean lets not even have a discussion. Which is sort of the opposite of "come at me" come to think about it. Guess I messed up there. WHOOPS.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 3320 3321 [3322] 3323 3324 ... 3345