Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3321 3322 [3323] 3324 3325 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383214 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Decimals of Wrath Edition
« Reply #49830 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:16 am »

Much to everyone's dismay, I am an SRSer, though generally I stick to SRSGaming.

Come at me bros. And by "come at me" I mean lets not even have a discussion. Which is sort of the opposite of "come at me" come to think about it. Guess I messed up there. WHOOPS.

u srs?

...I'll see myself out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #49831 on: January 30, 2015, 12:53:30 pm »

I have red spots on one of my feet for some reason. They don't itch, though. Knowing my bed it was probably one of these bastards.

reddit/tumblr/etc. nonsense
It might be because I haven't slept in a few dozen hours but right now this just makes me laugh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #49832 on: January 30, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »

*Places headphones on desk*

*Wires drag them to the edge and they fall*

Every. Damn. TIME.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49833 on: January 30, 2015, 02:38:48 pm »

We're done talking about reddit and that shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49834 on: January 30, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »

Every. Damn. TIME.
Have you considered putting them down so they're on a rougher surface/a less smooth section of the headphones is touching the desk?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49835 on: January 30, 2015, 03:25:43 pm »

Every. Damn. TIME.
Story of my life.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49836 on: January 30, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »

Every. Damn. TIME.
Story of my life.
An errant WiiU remote charging cable fell under our desk and got sliced in two by the computer chair yesterday, so I feel your pain and then some.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49837 on: January 30, 2015, 04:24:54 pm »

I ended up sticking one of those removeable hooks on my desk to hang my headphones from. Works great.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49838 on: January 30, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »

Spent 4 hours in lab today synthesizing Grignard reagent to use next week, only to lose about 2/3 of it when one of the apparatus' hoses decided to burst and knocked over the beaker my stuff was in. Luckily the break in the hose was over the drain, so no water got into the mixture and ruined it, but it still made a big mess of water and the viscous, glassy Grignard reagent (which was a bitch to clean up in itself. Imagine trying to clean up mostly dried glue with a substance that evaporates so quickly you can watch the level sink in an open container.) Most of the equipment there is decent but those hoses are all in terrible condition.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49839 on: January 30, 2015, 05:47:22 pm »

The only thing I ever use on reddit is r/Gamestop, and that's because they always have pretty good info on shit that corporate forgets to tell us.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #49840 on: January 30, 2015, 05:50:54 pm »

Went to the bathroom during school today.

Some absolute moron opened the window. And left it open. In the middle of winter. It was freaking cold in there. Why the hell...?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49841 on: January 30, 2015, 05:51:56 pm »

The only thing I ever use on reddit is r/Gamestop, and that's because they always have pretty good info on shit that corporate forgets to tell us.
You know your chain of command is fucked when employees have to check Reddit to know what they have to be doing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49842 on: January 30, 2015, 05:55:54 pm »

Went to the bathroom during school today.

Some absolute moron opened the window. And left it open. In the middle of winter. It was freaking cold in there. Why the hell...?
You may have gotten off lightly. Imagine the smell if they had to open a window...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49843 on: January 30, 2015, 07:25:41 pm »

Minor tech rage.

This fancy video card I bought, in its infinite wisdom, put a DVI-D port on there. One DVI-I port, one HDMI port, and this DVI-D port.

So I've been playing form factor whack-a-mole for a week or two now trying to get a second monitor hooked up. Just as simple as buying a VGA to DVI-D adapter or cable right?

WRONG.

There are so many fucking formats for video display, and possible combinations, that one of them is inevitably rare. Guess which one? So that was a waste of time looking for it physically in a store. And no, they didn't have VGA --> HDMI either.

So I go to Newegg. Find the adapters I need. I buy a DVI-D --> VGA adapter. I buy a DVI-D cable, because I think it came with the adapter. And then, just to be on the safe side, I buy a VGA--> HDMI adapter too.

The DVI-D stuff shows up first, since the VGA --> HDMI adapter is literally coming from across the world.

I plug it all in, get Ultramon installed....

Nothing. Windows sees it and can identify it, but the monitor gots no signal.

To Google I go. And LO AND BEHOLD, I read that DVI-D is a purely digital format (that's what the D stands for, dumbass.) It's the kind of thing a simple adapter won't cut it. No. I need a fucking converter box between my PC and my monitor. Some users tell magical tales of reinstalling their Nvidia drivers and it starting to magically work, but maybe that was a different issue.

Jesus. I learned more about video formats today than I ever cared to. And while I get they think a high end video card should have a direct to TV slot...why the fuck does it come at the expense of just of a dual function slot? DVI-I stands for integrated. If I have to choose between an ultra specific format, or a flexible one, I'm going to go with flexibility.

I guess this is one of those things I'd have realized if I a) knew more and b) had done more due diligence during my build. Hopefully either my PC or my monitor doesn't give me any shit running out of the HDMI port.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DVI-DUMBASS Edition
« Reply #49844 on: January 30, 2015, 07:48:36 pm »

You'll have some video lag with the HDMI.
Pages: 1 ... 3321 3322 [3323] 3324 3325 ... 3345