Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3436470 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: BBBBEEEEPPPPPP Edition
« Reply #7620 on: November 09, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »

That sounds like a obtuse way of somehow making 100 inputs work together when they can't do anything with each other.
Also would make the computer bigger most likely.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7621 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:01 am »

Office bs. In meeting, listening to other people argue about agreeing with each other.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:58 am »

Office bs. In meeting, listening to other people argue about agreeing with each other.
I fucking HATE those! Something I also find irritated is screaming matches about being quiet.  ::)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: November 11, 2011, 10:06:52 am »

PROTECT IP/E-PARASITE goes to Congress in five days. Obama still hasn't made any statement about signing or vetoing it if it passes. It would figure that one of the most despotic bills since the USA PATRIOT Act would be the most bipartisan ones in years.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: November 11, 2011, 10:13:40 am »

PROTECT IP/E-PARASITE/SOPA goes to Congress in five days. Obama still hasn't made any statement about signing or vetoing it if it passes. It would figure that one of the most despotic bills since the USA PATRIOT Act would be the most bipartisan ones in years.
It has three acronyms, not just two. ::)
Also, we now have both firefighters and librarians having said something about the stupid thing, and they continue to avoid letting anyone tech-related actually say something about it. >:(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: November 11, 2011, 10:58:28 am »

"Sopa" means [a] garbage in in Swedish. Fitting?
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:10 am »

My body only let me sleep six hours last night, because it still thinks it's "Friday, a school day :D"

Durned thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24:52 am »

Quite.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: November 11, 2011, 11:26:00 am »

Buy a new computer for skyrim. nstalling it. MISS A FUCKING CABLE GRAAAAAAH

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: November 11, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

The Bureau is migrating its entire damn internal website from an Oracle 10G server to Oracle 11G. Webadmin says that Oracle hasn't provided a way to export the existing site to the new server (a likely fucking story). Testing has to begin next week. The solution?

I get to spend all weekend manually copying the entire website. One file at a time.  :'(

Fuck my life.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: November 11, 2011, 03:46:43 pm »

Quite.
This link really explained a lot for me.  Pretty sure I'd take to the streets with a torch and pitchfork if this law actually passed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: November 11, 2011, 04:16:13 pm »

Guys, if you date a girl and she says she's swamped in the next week, don't fucking try to bother her into seeing you sooner.

RAWWWWWWR
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: November 11, 2011, 04:25:52 pm »

The Bureau is migrating its entire damn internal website from an Oracle 10G server to Oracle 11G. Webadmin says that Oracle hasn't provided a way to export the existing site to the new server (a likely fucking story). Testing has to begin next week. The solution?

I get to spend all weekend manually copying the entire website. One file at a time.  :'(

Fuck my life.
That would be reason enough for me to learn how to write a batch script that can do that. Fuck it if it takes more time than doing it by hand, I'm going to thank myself when we migrate to Oracle 11 1/2 or something

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: November 11, 2011, 04:52:22 pm »

About all the SOPA stuff, I have THIS like that seems to say that President Obama will be attempting to maintain Net Neutrality. Whether or not this will have an impact on bills or acts like these, time will tell.

ALSO RELEVANT
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

Fuck my life.
That would be reason enough for me to learn how to write a batch script that can do that. Fuck it if it takes more time than doing it by hand, I'm going to thank myself when we migrate to Oracle 11 1/2 or something
Believe me, if I had access to the actual webserver, I would. I'm pretty sure this is a failure of the webadmin to actually know how the fuck to his job. I've spent the last 3 hours reconstructing the goddamned filetree, and I'm only about 35% done. You can't tell me that whatever web administration tool we're using doesn't have a function to export the directory structure of the website. Even Microsoft-fucking-FrontPage from ten years ago could do that.

This has me so riled up I'm gonna need bourbon but good when i get home. IF i ever get home. And I'm sure when this is all said and done, the "Web development team" will get kudos for getting everything migrated and tested under deadline. I might get a "Oh, RedKing also helped" if I'm lucky.

One thing management doesn't seem to realize: Attaboys don't put bread on the table. I don't want a "Great job!" email. I don't want a little plaque for my cube wall. You value my service? Show me the money, motherfuckers. But they won't. Because this is HP, and the job market sucks ass so bad right now they know they could do everything short of literally pissing in my coffee and I can't do anything about it. Man, I miss the late 90's.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 3345