Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3438323 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: BBBBEEEEPPPPPP Edition
« Reply #7635 on: November 11, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »

He might be right. When we transitioned to 11g, I heard the guys across the hall raising hell about broken/non-existant migration tools.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: November 11, 2011, 05:24:16 pm »

Just logged back into Kingdom of loathing after a long while of not being able to access it, and it turns out I got kicked out of my clan! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:26:04 pm by Vorthon »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: November 11, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »

Guys, if you date a girl and she says she's swamped in the next week, don't fucking try to bother her into seeing you sooner.

RAWWWWWWR

But all the movies told me if I was annoying enough she'd love me! Annoyment is the sign of Tru Luv!
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:33 am »

Yeah...Hollywood doesn't seem to realize that "undying love and affection" != borderline stalking.

unfortunately, it's just not just Hollywood that doesn't get that... :-\

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still copying shit. Copying, copying, copying. And the guys I left in charge to do this overnight didn't pay a bit of fucking attention to the detailed instructions I left and decided to freelance how they did this. Which means for one person, I spent an hour this morning having to go back over and correct their work, and for another I'm just going to have to literally delete three hours' worth of their work and start from scratch. You can't just go and change the filenames because you feel like it, people. Especially after I done told you not to.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:12:39 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: November 12, 2011, 11:12:42 am »

Holy shit, finally looked up the new HD prices at newegg and thats damn ridiculous, so much for the christmas build. I know Thailand flooded but fuck don't we have other factories anywhere else?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: November 12, 2011, 11:26:29 am »

Holy shit, finally looked up the new HD prices at newegg and thats damn ridiculous, so much for the christmas build. I know Thailand flooded but fuck don't we have other factories anywhere else?

Uhm....yeah, wow. I just went and looked and the cheapest 250 gig harddrive I could find on Newegg was......$80 freakin' dollars!?! I've never spent that much on a standard 7200 RPM HD in my life.

Only re-certified drives where around $40. And everything above your standard 250 gig 7200 RPM drive was easily doubling in price. 1 TB drives for $200 dollars? What?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: November 12, 2011, 11:48:04 am »

Newegg cancels build cheap HDDs: Flooding.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: November 12, 2011, 11:48:37 am »

Apparently not. We love putting all of our eggs in one basket, don't we?
*rage*
And it had to happen while I was going to build a new PC. Mid-October or so, I found a 1TB 7200RPM HDD for around 60€. About two weeks later, I couldn't find it on the same website. The next decent 1TB 7200RPM was for 130.70 €. That was November 4th. Now it's 158.70€. Seriously, the hell we're they thinking putting 25% of all HDD production in one place? So in three weeks, roughly, the price has skyrocketed by 165%. Seriously.
*rage*
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: November 12, 2011, 11:53:49 am »

Apparently not. We love putting all of our eggs in one basket, don't we?

*rimshot*
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7644 on: November 12, 2011, 12:42:41 pm »

Wow.  It looks like I bought my last hard drive at exactly the right time.  Got a 750gb Toshiba Canvio for super cheap.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7645 on: November 12, 2011, 01:46:32 pm »

MONDAY: My boss does not seem to be know his head from his ass. Then again, his head is so far up his ass, neither does anyone else. At 3:45(I get off at 4:00), he asks me to do something(inserting grommets into a poster, which I am apparently the only one intelligent enough to do) that I ordinarily take about a half-hour to an hour to do(I managed to get half of it done in about 5 minutes), AFTER I finish doing some. Meanwhile, he is giving a tour to a group of people from TJ Maxx, who had just donated a bunch of food, specifically so he could put them all to work sorting the stuff they just donated(the sorting I was supposed to do).

TUESDAY: I got my bike, and all it needed was some air. Unfortunately, it never got done until that night, far too late for me to take a ride on it.

FRIDAY: The one day I forget my phone, the bus decides to come 10 fucking minutes early. In addition to hurting my legs trying run back and forth(I can walk for hours, but a five-second cold sprint will kill me ::)), I miss the bus. Then I have to wait a while before I can get a ride to work, almost 2 hours late. Then I find out yesterday was Veteran's Day, and that I didn't even need to come in to work. WAARRBRBRBRBLRBLR \@~@/
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: November 12, 2011, 02:16:20 pm »

but then you were that good employee who stayed until his boss would show up right?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: November 12, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »

Hard drive prices are artificially inflated by the companies taking advantage of the situation~
The actual price drive caused by flooding is significantly less than what they're being priced at now~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: November 12, 2011, 04:27:00 pm »

Auuuugh, burnout, need a really long break T_T

Or some food.  I haven't eaten yet today.  But what I want most of all, really, is to move into the international housing, and I'm scared I won't get in.  I can't take another semester of this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: November 12, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

Sending good thoughts your way. I think you'd do well in that setting.

I wish everyone could have a dorm experience like I had (a residential college with about 120 like-minded freaks, outcasts, artists, auteurs, rabble-rousers, and all around awesome people). It was the only dorm on campus where having turquoise hair wouldn't get a second glance, where you could attend some of your classes in pajamas (some even came in bunny slippers), where we organized our own basement poker games (complete with costumes and the occasional Nerf gun shootout when somebody was suspected of hiding an ace up their sleeve), had our own theater group that produced one-act plays just for our own amusement, and were treated to Socratic roundtable-style classes as freshmen. Oh and during exam week, we'd blow off steam with a twenty-person pillow fight/mosh pit. Best couple of years of my life.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 3345