Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3442069 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7680 on: November 19, 2011, 12:43:18 pm »

Oh yay, someone uploaded the latest mlp episode in 1080p!

"This video is still being processed*

RAAAAAAWR I've already waited like, 2 hours! How dare I not get free entertainment... wait.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7681 on: November 19, 2011, 01:14:15 pm »

Well of course that'll take forever to process, its 1080p video.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Editio
« Reply #7682 on: November 19, 2011, 03:36:16 pm »

What happened to going to live with your father, Akura? Did it run out in the sand?
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: November 19, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »

Washington Post story about SOPA.  The last line makes me rage:

The new SOPA bill may not "cripple the Internet" as some have suggested, but passage would send a strong message to the world about the way the U.S. really views the flow of information, data and content across the Web.

THAT IS YOUR OWN OPINION GOOD SIR AND I WILL SLAP YOU WITH A TROUT FOR THAT

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: November 19, 2011, 08:06:26 pm »

That isn't exactly a pro-SOPA line, the way I'm interpreting it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: November 19, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »

Yeah. A possible translation might read: "...but passage would send a strong message to the world that the U.S. considers the Internet, the free flow of information and content across the web as important for the profit of the U.S. entertainment industry and nothing else."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: November 20, 2011, 01:19:20 am »

he's going to value athletics over scholastics. It's a rare high school that doesn't do that, to be honest.

My high school had several outstanding teams. Volleyball, tennis, golf, girls' basketball, wrestling and both soccer teams *all* won regional and/or state titles while I was there. We also had some excellent scholastic teams (of which I was a part). And yet the only thing that seemed to matter to most people was football -- where we were the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck a suck. Our combined record the four years I was there was something like 7-33, including one 0-10 season. >_<

Ain't that the truth.  In my high school, I was part of the academic team, which usually made it to the finals in our region every year (and won a few).  The last two years I was there, we didn't even have enough money in the academic team budge to pay for the gas for the bus to take us to the matches.  And the school built an entire new gym that year.  Yeah, couldn't spare a few hundred bucks out of that couple hundred thousand to pay for the gas?

I was disappoint.  I've been out of high school for a long time now, but I've been considering donating to their academic team budget if it's still so crappy.  I should probably look up the teacher over it now and found out if that's still the case (I suspect it is).
Through pain, I find wisdom.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: November 20, 2011, 07:33:28 pm »

he's going to value athletics over scholastics. It's a rare high school that doesn't do that, to be honest.

My high school had several outstanding teams. Volleyball, tennis, golf, girls' basketball, wrestling and both soccer teams *all* won regional and/or state titles while I was there. We also had some excellent scholastic teams (of which I was a part). And yet the only thing that seemed to matter to most people was football -- where we were the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck a suck. Our combined record the four years I was there was something like 7-33, including one 0-10 season. >_<

Ain't that the truth.  In my high school, I was part of the academic team, which usually made it to the finals in our region every year (and won a few).  The last two years I was there, we didn't even have enough money in the academic team budge to pay for the gas for the bus to take us to the matches.  And the school built an entire new gym that year.  Yeah, couldn't spare a few hundred bucks out of that couple hundred thousand to pay for the gas?

I was disappoint.  I've been out of high school for a long time now, but I've been considering donating to their academic team budget if it's still so crappy.  I should probably look up the teacher over it now and found out if that's still the case (I suspect it is).
The way that usually happens is grants or taxes specifically passed to pay for school construction, so its entirely possible that a school is raising tuition or cutting classes, while at the same time having millions of dollars worth of construction that they can either build, or lose the money coming in for that.
Completely stupid, but thats the way it works :/
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7688 on: November 20, 2011, 08:06:08 pm »

I saw this thread's name.

So here I am.

HELL YEAH DIAMOND BORON SEMI-CONDUCTERS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>Thinks title was thing's that made you RRAAAAAAAAVVVVEEEEE<

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: November 21, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »

Stop worrying about being "right" or "wrong" and just do your best with your available information?

There are some people out there I know with really funky trains of thought (at least to me). Arguing does squat since we're always talking past each other, so I usually just offer an agree to disagree before anything escalates. I don't know who thinks the "right" way but I do know it doesn't matter.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: November 21, 2011, 04:39:09 pm »

My Little Pony.
Why are you fucking EVERYWHERE!? You have no relevancy to any of the games I play, yet there you are time and time again. You've even found your way onto my favorite forums, and into my favorite forum game. What the shit. GO AWAY.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: November 21, 2011, 04:46:32 pm »

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: November 21, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »

Give in and join the Pony Side. It's like the Dark Side, but with more cookies.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: November 21, 2011, 04:47:56 pm »

You don't hate the franchise. You're merely miffed at the fanbase.

At least that's how I interpret these situations because hating something you have never watched is stupid and not something that would ever happen.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: November 21, 2011, 04:48:52 pm »

I like MLP, I just dislike a large majority of the fanbase. They seem to want to constantly remind you they are MLP fans, so they reference and talk about it all of the time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 3345