Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3419731 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

League of Legends. 

It's such a horrible fucking game.  Why do I keep playing it?  There are times when it's genuinely fun, but overall I'd say there's a 60% chance I'll walk away feeling like I wasted my time and a 40% chance that I'll walk away from it in a blinding rage because of mindfuckingly stupid balance issues.

Ok.  I know why I keep playing it.  The fast paced rpg mechanics are the most addicting I've ever seen, and everybody I know plays it daily, including my wife.  I wish it just didn't exist.  Someone needs to run over Riot HQ with a tank.

This.  So much this.  And on top of that I'm still a Noob to the game; it makes for so much RAEG.  Also miss fortune. GRRAAGGHEE!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:03:55 pm by jc6036 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I thouhgt the whole point of those was to generate enough rage to balance out mlp's unrageness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I thouhgt the whole point of those was to generate enough rage to balance out mlp's unrageness.
I'm not sure there is anything that can properly counterbalance LoLraeg.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

I just play Co-op vs. AI.

I like using Lux because she tells me to stay positive.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

It's not that unusual to get addicted to terrible games. Back in my wc3 days, I played horrible maps just because they were terribly unbalanced.

One game (called Golem Wars) was unmitigated trash, but brilliance somehow showed through by players competing over who can use the most broken strategy. There were dozens of terribly overpowered heroes and spells, yet it worked a sort of unholy balance because ridiculously overpowered strat A was countered by strat B, which was countered by C, etc etc etc.

New players figured out one overpowered strategy and thought themselves invincible. It was so, so much fun to crush their egos.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Mah. gogdamn, MATLAB book is forevermissing. the reserve copy at library is okay, but I can only use the program MATLAB on the engineering computer lab's computers (different network.)

Soo now I can't do any....

oh, I have a camera on my computer.god damnit I need more sleep.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Well, that's what happens when you ban ALL cookies :P Cookies, while also being delicious, are what keep you logged in. Guess what happens when you ban cookies from bay12forums.com?

(I may be wrong)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

No cookies = no persistent logins ever, except in very very limited cases. Cookies are hardly worth whining about, except for Flash cookies and the rare trojan cookie or somesuch. You either deal with it or stop complaining about your login nonpersistence. (or yell at google, I guess.)

Ghostery + Priv3 + Adblock Plus + NoScript works fine if you're that security-minded, but (non-flash, non-infected, uncorrupted) cookies are a basic bit of how websites work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Just set it to only use cookies per session.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

I don't know about other browsers but I'm sure you can do it on them as well, but Opera has a setting to ask permission when accepting a new cookie. Which can admittedly get annoying. You can also edit each site's preferences so you can turn off cookies completely but then allow certain sites through, like bay12.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Pennsylvania passes law stating that doctors can request access to information about fracking to use in diagnosing and treating patients, but they are forbidden from releasing any of this information to the public.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Pennsylvania passes law stating that doctors can request access to information about fracking to use in diagnosing and treating patients, but they are forbidden from releasing any of this information to the public.
That confused the hell out of me until I read the article to learn that fracking is something to do with gas extraction rather than a euphemism for fucking.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Geez.  That's pretty shady. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

That confused the hell out of me until I read the article to learn that fracking is something to do with gas extraction rather than a euphemism for fucking.
It's both.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It's both.
Basically, you frack the Earth with heavy machinery until it gives you what you want.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 3345