Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382503 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 08:48:35 pm »

If those complaints are coming from South America and Russia, I'm guessing they will ignore it. I don't think it's a coincidence that those places happen to be hubs of software piracy. Blizzard said the monthly fee (play hours, whatever) will be offset by cheaper box and initial purchase prices. It's all being done, they say, because there aren't many retail outlets in Russia and South America.

I think it's BS, personally. They want credit card (or purchased playable hours) security on Bnet 2.0 for anyone playing from those countries. (Yes, conspiracy! Cons..piracy?) I'm sure they would like rural Russians and South Americans to be able to play Bnet games...but if they don't have even simple retail outlets, what's the chance of them having high speed broadband? Are they going to play D3 on dial up, with their ~$600 dollar rig that they ordered and shipped to Siberia and Machu Pichu?

(I kid somewhat. I know there are those of you out there that are getting boned by this deal.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:52:02 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:03:56 pm »

No LAN cuts into tournaments and... well, LAN parties. Not just with pals either, I mean the gigantic LAN parties like when they had QuakeCon and 7,000 people showed up.
No chatrooms puts a big block on the community, although they've been overly vague about this subject.
Regionblocking means I and many others would need to buy the games and all addons 5-6 times to play with everyone we know
And all the limits on mapmaking right now mean you may as well go back to WC3 for custom maps, even with everyone playing dota.

Also the pain in my legs makes me rage.

Kinda.

That really more goes in the sad thread.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 09:07:56 pm »

Also the pain in my legs makes me rage.

I've got a persistent pain in the left lower leg that's been with me for like 8 months now. It's definitely a cause of rage, sometimes I get up and it hurts like a SOB. I really needs to get more active.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 09:49:31 pm »

Coaxial cables.  The stiff ones for the old cable boxes.  Yeah.  Those.  With the pointy bits on the end.  They make me so angry.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 09:50:45 pm »

Before, during, or after you've stabbed yourself with one?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 09:54:59 pm »

Some bastard hopped out of a car and punched my friend a couple times.

Things are getting crazy at my school.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:05 pm »

@Nenjin, and Co-axial cables:  Yes.  Just yes.  Why does DirectTV still use the old Co-ax cables? They're a pain in the rear, they're difficult to cut to length, and it is stupidly easy to bend the wire to the point that it snaps, rendering all of the hard work you put in bending it into shape so that you can stuff it back behind the TV and it won't come flying out from behind the TV and smack somebody in the face utterly USELESS.  Also, I can't get behind the TV to really finnagle them around, so it's even tougher, they keep getting stuck in the worst places.  And then when you least expect it BAM right in the eye!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 10:39:50 pm »

Facebook keeps suggesting people 1/2 across the world for me to be friends with. We have no connections, other than the fact I'm not-quite-white and they're definitely not white. No doubt Facebook knows my forum name, since I use it everywhere, and assumes I'm Asian.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 02:00:23 am »

I didn't rage, but I growled with a Clint-Eastwood-like contempt at a lady on one of our Aussie morning shows saying 'watts per hour'.

WATTS ARE ALREADY JOULES PER SECOND YOU ARE DECIEVING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND CLEARLY I PERSONALLY WILL HAVE TO CORRECT EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 02:06:09 am »

You know, theoretically, that's possible. It could be joule acceleration. For example, velocity could be in meters per second; you would also have a unit for acceleration, meters per second per second. It's possible, just... almost definitely wrong. Unless she really was talking about joule acceleration but I have no idea why she would

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 02:21:21 am »

Vampires.

....Also people mowing the lawn every time I try to take a nap.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 06:02:56 am »

Yeah, I recognize that, Ched. The problem is, she was talking about appliances left in standby mode, i.e. things that should not rise in power usage. If they did, there'd be a lot more smoking craters and a lot less uptime contest e-peen quotes on bash.org.

EDIT: Alternatively, uptime contests would actually become reasonable measures of a person's ability to handle a fire extinguisher.

EDITEDIT: Or even a valid excuse for not having any eyebrows.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:05:14 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 06:44:18 am »

Yeah, the hilarious bit is, there's an oil company with only one safety violation.

Exxon.

Exxon is the safest American oil company. WHAT THE FUCK.

Heh.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »

I just order a pan pizza from Pizza Hut, with nothing but mushrooms.

And there's fucking ham on it. HAM. How do you fuck this up Pizza hut? How do I always find the remnants of other ingredients on my pizza that I didn't ask for? Do you guys prep this shit by putting toppings in a fucking cannon and shooting it at a table full of raw pizza dough?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 10:26:42 pm »

I always get cheese.  Pizza hut pan pizza is awesome though.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 3345