Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3422990 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

Telling yet another death metal enthusiast why it's not cool to diss music for not being brutal and true. Sigh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

To whichever asshole engineer designed my bedroom door's knob:

Self-locking from apparently the force of being closed is not a security feature. It is further not a feature if the only way to unlock it is to spend an hour after you meant to be asleep finding a length of wire and repeatedly inserting it it into a tiny hole on one side of the doorway until you finally hit the correct spot because you were too lazy to design a proper key, although I at least thank you for the mercy of including any sort of mechanism for fixing this and for not requiring me to buy the door dinner first. Nevertheless, fuck you with a horse. Not by a horse, you understand, but with one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Next time, use a nail, or the insert of an ink pen. Just push straight in. Failing that, get a pocket knife or credit card or screwdriver or something flat and rigid, and push the tip straight in between the doorframe and the door itself, a little bit below the doorknob mechanism. Slide upward until you've wedged it in said mechanism, and push away from the door. Voila, you've picked the lock.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

Nevertheless, fuck you with a horse. Not by a horse, you understand, but with one.
Sig'd.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Telling yet another death metal enthusiast why it's not cool to diss music for not being brutal and true. Sigh.
What band was being dissed?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

What band was being dissed?

Some italian band that resembles Dimmu borgir or so, not that it matters, insulting music because it isn't your style is childish and silly and so common among death metal fans compared to everywhere else. Atleast in my experiences.

It's fair not to like something, but to spend your time insulting it and finding reasons for why it sucks vs. your favourite music is just aggravating.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Next time, use a nail, or the insert of an ink pen. Just push straight in. Failing that, get a pocket knife or credit card or screwdriver or something flat and rigid, and push the tip straight in between the doorframe and the door itself, a little bit below the doorknob mechanism. Slide upward until you've wedged it in said mechanism, and push away from the door. Voila, you've picked the lock.

Tried. No sufficiently long nails and the ink pens available were too flimsy to apply enough pressure. Likewise available paper clips. Similarly, I was prevented from applying that other trick because the door frame hangs over the edge of the door on this side, making the only angles at which something can be wedge in too steep to reach the latch. Seriously, this whole door is bitchy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

AAAARGH! My brother used my computer, logged onto my user account, deleted all my firefox tabs, and probably downloaded a dozen viri too!

I think I'm gonna commit arsehole-cide when he comes home.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

Tried. No sufficiently long nails and the ink pens available were too flimsy to apply enough pressure. Likewise available paper clips. Similarly, I was prevented from applying that other trick because the door frame hangs over the edge of the door on this side, making the only angles at which something can be wedge in too steep to reach the latch. Seriously, this whole door is bitchy.
When in doubt, C4!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, but seriously just start carrying a lock-picking kit. I do, and the temptations never cease.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

His door didn't have a formal lock, but one of those ghetto ones.

That said, there's this little tool I picked up when I worked at a hotel designed for expressly that. It's a straight thick gauge steel bent into a loop on one end so it goes on your key ring, the straight part is about 3 inches long. It's about as wide as the inner tube of a pen.

And I ALSO own a lock pick set and I would recommend getting one. What I WOULDN'T recommend is carrying it with you.....If you're not a licensed locksmith and a cop finds those on you, be prepared for a lot of questions and suspicion and possibly a trip down to the pokey.

Picking locks is just fun though and is every bit as involved as one imagines it from roleplaying games.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:37:17 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a medical warning to avoid any candy products that label themselves as "sugar-free". The full effects of yesterday's complaint about them were... delayed. Painfully. Bluh.

Oh, and stupid bus. Late again. Perhaps I should get a schedule from the morning bus and hand it to the afternoon bus' driver. I get the feeling that if I ask him what time he's supposed to be at the stop, he'd respond with "I dunno ???".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

This is a medical warning to avoid any candy products that label themselves as "sugar-free". The full effects of yesterday's complaint about them were... delayed. Painfully. Bluh.

Oh, and stupid bus. Late again. Perhaps I should get a schedule from the morning bus and hand it to the afternoon bus' driver. I get the feeling that if I ask him what time he's supposed to be at the stop, he'd respond with "I dunno ???".

Let me guess, you did not read the small print that said "warning, excessive intake can result in laxative effects"? :p
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No no, I did.  ...after eating them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I wanna buy a nice set of lockpicks.  Where would I do that?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Hmm... I wanna buy a nice set of lockpicks.  Where would I do that?
At your local Thieves Guild of course :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 3345