Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383329 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7650 on: November 12, 2011, 04:50:08 pm »

I hope that doesn't happen to me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7651 on: November 12, 2011, 04:56:45 pm »

Makes me really sad I never had an experience like that.  I was a commuter student.  Still lived with my parents the first half of my college career and was working and independent with my own family the second half.  All 8 years, I showed up for my classes and went back home.  Didn't even get to know many people.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: November 12, 2011, 05:04:21 pm »

Yeah, I was living there when I dropped out, so I've got a pretty good idea as to what it was like.  I also know that it is very, very likely that they'll be able to feed me better than I've been feeding myself, so I'm trying for it.  I just can't deal with logistical issues =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: November 12, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »

I spent 9 hours today still messing with a friend's new computer.   It would not be taking nearly this long if he didn't insist he LOOK UP EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING I'M DOING before he lets me do it.   

It annoys me to no end.  Do you know how much I should be getting pain PER HOUR for this crap that, you know, I'm doing for free?  Do you not trust me to have ANY idea what I'm doing? Why am I even here?  And then I leave after 9 hours because it's getting dark.  The computer is functional except for a graphics card he took from his old system that does not appear to be detecting.  He says he'll figure it out from there.

Cue me getting home, turning on my computer and getting bombarded with questions from him over IM...again (he did that before).  I can't do anything to relax because he keeps IMing me with questions.  Sometimes very insulting ones, that I'm really hoping he just doesn't realize what he is implying, like "Are you sure you put the card in a PCI-e slot?"  I would close the chat, but he knows that I have it on at all times when I am home, so me turning it off is a very obvious "Fuck off" signal, and while I'm annoyed, I don't want to send that signal.

I guess it's a more brooding rage at this point.

P.S. Oh the earlier CPU problem was solved.  Turns out the BIOS needed an upgrade to read the CPU, I figured it was something like that.  Fortunately we had access to another weaker, but compatible CPU so I threw that in, and flashed the BIOS to read the new one.   Really you would think these motherboards would be able to use any CPU that fits in the socket, out of the box.  But maybe that's why my friend insists on looking up everything I do.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:35:33 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: November 12, 2011, 07:41:10 pm »

The motherboard can use any CPU, pretty much. The BIOS on the other hand, may or may not be good enough as-is to actually detect said random CPU.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: November 12, 2011, 08:36:26 pm »

Comcast.

Why you throttle my internet connection for no reason?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: November 12, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »

Monday homework is making me rage :/  Seriously, I hate my 2D design class.  My teacher couldn't teach her way out of a wet paper bag, and the school administration is quite sure that she's a fine teacher, I'm just a bad student is all.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: November 12, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »

Bones. In my Bacon.

I'm enjoying a tasty sandwich when suddenly I'm biting down on something solid completely unexpectedly.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: November 13, 2011, 12:56:55 am »

Comcast.

Why you throttle my internet connection for no reason?
Because they be bitches to MPAA

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: November 13, 2011, 08:35:37 am »

Bones. In my Bacon.

I'm enjoying a tasty sandwich when suddenly I'm biting down on something solid completely unexpectedly.
Do the bones taste like bacon? If so, do the manly thing and CHEW HARDER.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: November 13, 2011, 09:01:25 am »

Bones. In my Bacon.

Do the bones taste like bacon? If so, do the manly thing and CHEW HARDER.  :P

Yoinked for the sigtext thread.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #7661 on: November 14, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »

Grawr. PS2 to monitor hookup isn't working. Monitor won't see anything. It ought to work, in theory, but apparently, something falls apart in practice. Frigging annoying, though, given that this is ~ £50-60 I've spent on all this.

EDIT: So either I give up and have wasted £60-odd or I find a cheap TV and magic up some space for it. Frigging frick.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:41:38 pm by Simmura McCrea »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7662 on: November 14, 2011, 10:28:11 pm »

I have had money stolen from my bank account. My blood pressure is now 157 over 109. And the worst thing is that I feel perfectly calm.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: November 15, 2011, 01:17:25 am »

I have had money stolen from my bank account. My blood pressure is now 157 over 109. And the worst thing is that I feel perfectly calm.
No, that's a good thing. You can think things through rationally. Have you any leads?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: November 15, 2011, 01:44:32 am »

Isn't that ridiculously high?

Dude, punch some walls in or something.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 3345