Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3417962 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12795 on: June 29, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »

I like to think RAEG isn't, by definition, negative. I don't expect anyone to agree with that philosophy though.
I see where you're coming from. I think.

In things that made me raaage, is chance-based things in games, with something like a 1 in [Insert unfairly high number here]. I'm looking at you FF6. You and your steal command.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:31 pm »

For me it's cathartic. You get into a towering rage, flood the universe around you with incandescent anger. When it's over, you take a nap, wake up and get to the business of actually dealing with your problem.

May not be as (at all) beneficial to people around you, but boy do I find it therapeutic.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: June 29, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »

I like to think RAEG isn't, by definition, negative. I don't expect anyone to agree with that philosophy though.

"Let fury have the hour, anger can be power;
Did you know that you can use it?
"

Not really the kind of RAEG you usually find in this thread though. Here it is mostly negative, not to mention pointless, rage.
Love, scriver~

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: June 29, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »

Righteous rage is a thing in almost all cultures.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: June 29, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »

Speaking of which...

Today, toward the end of my shift, two of my co-workers approached our main supervisor to ask if they could trade shifts for one day next week. They were promptly denied, "Because I said so". Not because it would negatively impact the company, not because there was a specific reason for it to not work out, but because our supervisor was in a bad mood. As we aren't unionized, the most senior of my co-workers feels that he needs to act as something of an advocate for us, as he is the only one that is working because he wants something to do, rather than because he desperately needs the money. So he takes it up, and the supervisor starts shouting and swearing at him right in the middle of a breakroom with both the day and night crew (something like 75% of our department) watching. They get into an extended argument (on one side) and shouting match (on the other) that ends with the supervisor threatening to write my co-worker up, and my co-worker leaving to find a manager. Just... damn it. FUCK.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »

Ex wife is pissed off at me because I won't go to her house to watch fireworks with daughter because I've already had a couple drinks and won't drink and drive. What the fuck does she want from me!?

Edit: Welp, so much for that. Text message argument + moar rum = my very first "Go fuck yourself." to her. Why does that not feel as good as it should?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:18:28 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: June 29, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

Ex wife is pissed off at me because I won't go to her house to watch fireworks with daughter because I've already had a couple drinks and won't drink and drive. What the fuck does she want from me!?

Edit: Welp, so much for that. Text message argument + moar rum = my very first "Go fuck yourself." to her. Why does that not feel as good as it should?

Because it is going to haunt you later. :/ That sucks man.

Today, nothing additional made me rage.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: June 29, 2012, 09:45:27 pm »

Not a smart move. Try apologising by saying that "you were drunk and you regret your words". Hopefully that might appease her.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: June 29, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »

Freaking news sites. Poorly designed pieces of shit crashing the bloody browser every damn time I try to load it. Bloody whoreson safari iPad fornicator of dung beetle excrement. This is getting old. Got old. Want to strangle a series of fools. Whoever coded this damn browser, whoever coded the damn site, and whoever designed this damn machine. Choke them until dead chickens cry for mercy and succor in the deep of night. Then continue to squeeze their windpipe until it looks like an accordion the abominable snowman used to pleasure itself with.

... well, okay, I'm actually quite pacifistic and not nearly that annoyed, but the words got away from me for a little bit. Still. Is somewhat frustrating.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: June 29, 2012, 10:00:32 pm »

Not a smart move. Try apologising by saying that "you were drunk and you regret your words". Hopefully that might appease her.
I don't regret my words, though. I've been waiting to say that for years. I'm just a doormat when it comes to relationships, and she's moved on. Fuck, she's had two boyfriends, and we're not even legally divorced yet!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:02 pm »

I don't regret my words, though. I've been waiting to say that for years. I'm just a doormat when it comes to relationships, and she's moved on. Fuck, she's had two boyfriends, and we're not even legally divorced yet!

She can make life hell for you though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:23 pm »

I can take our daughter full custody with a snap of my fingers. She will fail a drug test and I won't, and apparently, that's instant loss of custody here. I've already consulted a lawyer about this. I really don't want to use it, because I'm trying to be a good dude and let my daughter have a mommy, but if it comes to it, I don't pull punches when I do decide to punch.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:14 pm »

I can take our daughter full custody with a snap of my fingers. She will fail a drug test and I won't, and apparently, that's instant loss of custody here. I've already consulted a lawyer about this. I really don't want to use it, because I'm trying to be a good dude and let my daughter have a mommy, but if it comes to it, I don't pull punches when I do decide to punch.

Good. I thought you were one of the guys whose right to see their child can be taken away like *that* (really the only kind of divorced father I've ever met). Well, I hope you can resolve it peacefully!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12808 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:47 pm »

That's one heavy punch you've got in reserve o.o
Well, best of luck.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12809 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

I apologize if I came off as "Internet Tough Guy". If I offended anyone, I do regret those words, and will happily apologize for that.

Fuck, I'm depressed. And also drunk.

Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 3345