Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3368144 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ho-Ho-HANGOVER Edition
« Reply #19500 on: January 01, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »

Judging by the thread title, Russians aren't the only people in the world who drink heavily on New Year's Eve...

I drank a glass of wine on New Year's Eve (and well as another one the next day) to commemorate the occasion.

...So, how can people actually like it? It tastes really horrible (to me, at least).
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19501 on: January 01, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »

I like the sharp sour flavor of wine

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19502 on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:15 pm »

I like all alchohol.
That being said, I'm 15, and do not drink, really, much at all.
Only on special occasions.
Red-neck-dom, woo.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19503 on: January 01, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »

It probably helps that I'm an ultralightweight and am obliged to do so in any case, but (non-terrible) wine is better if you drink slowly and take small sips. Same deal with good beers. It can also be a matter of personal preference; I'm partial to white wine and heavier beers, though there are exceptions. But yes, if for some reason you're drinking boxed wine or Miller lite, chug it down before the taste of piss sticks in your mouth, but if you've got a couple bottles of, say, Stella, or a decent wine or liquor, take your time and enjoy it.

But yes, the fact that it isn't bland, sweet or spicy is what makes most alcohol good, in a way surprisingly similar to strong coffee.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #19504 on: January 01, 2013, 07:20:54 pm »

It probably helps that I'm an ultralightweight and am obliged to do so in any case, but (non-terrible) wine is better if you drink slowly and take small sips. Same deal with good beers. It can also be a matter of personal preference; I'm partial to white wine and heavier beers, though there are exceptions. But yes, if for some reason you're drinking boxed wine or Miller lite, chug it down before the taste of piss sticks in your mouth, but if you've got a couple bottles of, say, Stella, or a decent wine or liquor, take your time and enjoy it.

But yes, the fact that it isn't bland, sweet or spicy is what makes most alcohol good, in a way surprisingly similar to strong coffee.
Did you just imply that Stella doesn't taste of piss? You people have weird taste.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19505 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »

Did you just imply that Stella doesn't taste of piss? You people have weird taste.

I'm really worried about you guys comparing stuff to the taste of piss. Why do you even know what piss tastes like?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19506 on: January 01, 2013, 07:59:21 pm »

I'm really worried about you guys comparing stuff to the taste of piss. Why do you even know what piss tastes like?
Sig'd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19507 on: January 01, 2013, 08:06:48 pm »

...So, how can people actually like it? It tastes really horrible (to me, at least).

It's much better with food IMO. I wouldn't ever get drunk on wine. Dehydrates the shit out of you and produces epic hangovers.

Wine is the alcohol I drink when I want to appreciate the properties of a beverage. If I actually want to drink, I'll have something else.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19508 on: January 01, 2013, 08:31:46 pm »

It's much better with food IMO. I wouldn't ever get drunk on wine. Dehydrates the shit out of you and produces epic hangovers.

Wine is the alcohol I drink when I want to appreciate the properties of a beverage. If I actually want to drink, I'll have something else.
So it's like tea, just... poisonous. Makes a sort of sense. Guess the common sweet tea they drink around here would be the equivalent to "something else"? Don't really know, sweet tea tastes horrible t'me, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19509 on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:06 pm »

It involved a bottle, another bottle, vodka, being locked in an aquarium and a dolphin.

You do not want to know!

And now that is going in my sig.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19510 on: January 01, 2013, 08:54:28 pm »

so the powers that be turned off the heating

i have no idea why, i weren't warned, i kept the bills paid, and certainly didn't hear about something going bust (they have a habit of telling people if something went bust during heating season, so they can prepare, it's a subset of the "weren't warned" part) but they went "NOPE NO HEATING FOR YOU" and i'm enjoying ~3 degrees, i think i relied on central far too much don't have enough blankets to keep comfortable so i'm huddled here with a laptop running benchmark and seriously considering putting a giant bowl of boiling water here as a good idea

one thing that makes it better is that the temperature's high enough for the water not to freeze inside the pipes. let's hope it stays that way until morning, when i'll be shouting heads off first thing they open the general office thing

also i wanted to ptw in this thread for a long time so heeeere we go

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19511 on: January 01, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

Just read this. Don't read it; it's logic level is under -9000.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19512 on: January 01, 2013, 09:12:05 pm »

Granted, Stella does taste like piss, but if I'm going to drink piss I'd rather it taste like piss instead of water.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19513 on: January 01, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »

Two simultaneous leg cramps about 30 minutes ago, and the arms of my chair broke. Could barely crawl out of the chair and onto the floor so I could lay straight. Even elevating my head was apparently too much strain and it starts back up. After a few minutes on my back, stiff as a board, I managed to limp to the kitchen and eat a banana. I hope it helps keep it from recurring. God, both my legs from the tips of my toes to the hip are sore. Had to take off the back of my chair to get rid of the broken arms.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19514 on: January 01, 2013, 09:20:40 pm »

See, aren't you glad we're a forum based on logic an-
EAT DIRT

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 3345