Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3442249 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27555 on: September 18, 2013, 09:20:32 pm »

I saw a plot of field sesame today. The bushy plants had flowers, and the flowers had lots of bees. If you listened carefully you could hear a faint buzzing. There was also a big pretty butterfly that flew away before I could take a picture.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27556 on: September 18, 2013, 09:34:26 pm »

I saw a plot of field sesame today. The bushy plants had flowers, and the flowers had lots of bees. If you listened carefully you could hear a faint buzzing. There was also a big pretty butterfly that flew away before I could take a picture.

Wrong thread? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27557 on: September 18, 2013, 09:36:21 pm »

Well, it is a happy, but it was in reply to the bees thing xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: September 18, 2013, 09:41:30 pm »

In other news, Facebook is still extremely shaky on the meaning of the word "recent".

Fun fact: with enough force and speed, the pressure wave generated by your palm (or I guess foot) can be enough to stun flies. It's pretty awesome when you do it. Only lasts a few seconds, but it's plenty of time to smash them while they're trying to recover.
But you've got two stackable uses, shouldn't the cooldown be low enough for you to chain it indefinitely?
Unless you run out of stamina or reduce their hitpoints to critical health.

Also, when I was little I used to stomp on bees that had landed on flowers, and bring them back to my "friends". I have no idea what he used them for. I managed to be able to keep them alive, though.
I stopped, though. And they stopped stinging me, so it's sorta a win-win.

Also, I feel more than a bit like I'm probably really odd for liking bugs and spiders as much as I do, but... they really aren't all that bad.

I'm fine with bugs as long as they don't fly. I don't really like them, but I'll only flip out if they have wings. Even moths make me pretty uncomfortable. Ladybugs and butterflies are the only exceptions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27559 on: September 18, 2013, 09:43:47 pm »

C'mon, butterflies and ladybugs are way scarier than things like mantises. Manti? Manteese?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:13 pm »

C'mon, butterflies and ladybugs are way scarier than things like mantises. Manti? Manteese?

Mantises are alright. At least they move in a single direction at a time instead of simultaneously existing in 40 places at once (which I still swear some species of fly are capable of).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27561 on: September 18, 2013, 10:03:41 pm »

One thing that's always bugged me about butterflies is that they fly like they're drunk all the damned time. Though I admit flies can be more annoying, when one of the 40 places they exist is in your ear or nostril.
And yes, that's happened to me. Yes, the fly died. Instantly, I hope.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27562 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:20 am »

That's nothing. Knew a guy who put down his beer, and a wasp crawled in. He took a swig, and got stung on the inside of the cheek, and on the tounge. Christ did he ever swell up. And yes, we took him to the hospital after the rest of us howled in laughter.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27563 on: September 19, 2013, 08:40:50 am »

One thing that's always bugged me about butterflies is that they fly like they're drunk all the damned time.
Actually their flight paths are surprisingly coordinated for such a large wing/body ratio.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:17 am »

One thing that's always bugged me about butterflies is that they fly like they're drunk all the damned time. Though I admit flies can be more annoying, when one of the 40 places they exist is in your ear or nostril.
And yes, that's happened to me. Yes, the fly died. Instantly, I hope.

You might want to have your snot and/or earwax analyzed if it manages to near instantly slay flies on contact.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27565 on: September 19, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »

Honestly, I'd rather not mess with it, seeing what it does to the flies.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27566 on: September 19, 2013, 03:58:51 pm »

Honestly, I'd rather not mess with it, seeing what it does to the flies.
Poke it with a stick. Everyone's doing it!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: September 19, 2013, 04:10:03 pm »

That's nothing. Knew a guy who put down his beer, and a wasp crawled in. He took a swig, and got stung on the inside of the cheek, and on the tounge. Christ did he ever swell up. And yes, we took him to the hospital after the rest of us howled in laughter.
This is why I always keep my hand over my beverage when I'm outdoors.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: September 19, 2013, 04:19:52 pm »

Once, when I had three, a bee bit me in THE LIP.
The bugger hid in my soda.
something similar happened to me. I was not stung, but a wasp spontaneously decided that my lips were attractive and landed right on it. I guess the sugary melon I was eating played a role, but jesus, I was "kissed" by a wasp... That was frightening. (and a long time ago)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »

Once, when I had three, a bee bit me in THE LIP.
The bugger hid in my soda.
something similar happened to me. I was not stung, but a wasp spontaneously decided that my lips were attractive and landed right on it. I guess the sugary melon I was eating played a role, but jesus, I was "kissed" by a wasp... That was frightening. (and a long time ago)
Not as good as the guy who woke up to a tarantula drinking his eye fluids.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 3345