Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1898 1899 [1900] 1901 1902 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382770 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28485 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:02 am »

Probably go to some other truck that has heat.
How are the hookers supposed to survive in such low temperatures?
The obvious solution is even more hookers. Eventually, their combined body heat will fill the truck and keep everyone warm.

University of Bay12 presents the latest course:

Hooker Thermodynamics 101
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #28486 on: October 17, 2013, 11:49:58 am »

University of Bay12 presents the latest course:

Hooker Thermodynamics 101
Sigged
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28487 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:15 am »

A thermonuclearhookersplosion is either a catastrophe, the mother of all sex acts or both.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28488 on: October 17, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »

I was actually in SAT range of one of the Ivy League schools, Dartmouth. Didn't even consider it. I probably wouldn't have gotten in, and paying would have been difficult, but even if I did it wouldn't be worth it. The Ivy League is shit academically. I've heard tales that Harvard in particular doesn't give out grades lower than C's. You get in, you graduate, simple as that.
Similar note here. I was contacted by Yale, but they didn't offer near enough scholarship money for me to attend, and certainly not enough to offset spending four years around a bunch of budding neocon politicians. The Ivy League means nothing apart from prestige, and I've also been told of grade inflation among its universities. Hell, that's a problem pretty much everywhere in the U.S., for all that our university system is touted as being (one of) the best in the world.
It is? Never heard anything of that matter. Sure, there are some prestigious universities, but aside from those the general opinion you get is an cripplingly expensive and rather mediocre system. (Or a less expensive but religious system, of course)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28489 on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »

I never even took any college entrance exams. Couldn't afford them. My high school was charging $100 for the SAT, and $150 for the ACT, back in '01. I can only imagine that they've gotten more expensive nowadays.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28490 on: October 17, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »

As I recall, my SAT fee was around $250.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28491 on: October 17, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »

Bay 12 really needs better anti-spam filters.  >:(
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #28492 on: October 17, 2013, 12:50:04 pm »

A thermonuclearhookersplosion is either a catastrophe, the mother of all sex acts or both.
Bugger it. Also sigged.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28493 on: October 17, 2013, 12:54:57 pm »

As I recall, my SAT fee was around $250.
This right here is rageworthy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28494 on: October 17, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »

err testing for me was free?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28495 on: October 17, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »

So, eh, Huluplus has come to the Nintendo 3DS? I actually downloaded the app and got the 1 week free trial they're offering just to look at it, and... wow, the Netflix app that came out for the 3DS months prior, that's prone to crashing and has weird bugs that keep cropping up, and sometimes it needs excessive buffering and retrying to connect to what I want to watch... that seems dreamy in comparison to what Hulu is offering.

Man, what is this interface even? Why do I have to go through like 4 pages of loading to get to one video? And everything is not in any kind of rhyme or reason order. I mean, Netflix isn't much better, but atleast it's more straightforward.

How come I get only a week free trial when Netflix gave me an entire month free trial?

What's really killing it for me though is the adverts. Holy shit how can anyone ask for a subscription fee and still have mandatory, unskippable ads? That's inexcusable. I watched through one episode of an anime, and during that episode there was one advert played right at the beginning, and then the show was interrupted THREE times for batteries of 2 adverts played back-to-back. In total, that's 7 adverts played over the course of my show.

Do they actually expect people to pay to watch advertisements? Especially to this sickening degree?

What's really bizarre, is that it isn't ANY cheaper than Netflix either. 8 bucks a month is what both services are asking.

I may just have to cancel my subscription before the free trial. I could forgive everything else, but not the ads. No one can be this masochistic. There'd have to be a really persuasive reason for me to consider ever tolerating this kind of crap. It's the principle of the thing.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #28496 on: October 17, 2013, 01:50:42 pm »

meh, cable TV still has adverts, and it requires payment.

But I would pay more for Hulu if I could lose the ads, as opposed to the nothing I pay now, and just torrent the shows.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28497 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:55 pm »

meh, cable TV still has adverts, and it requires payment.

But I would pay more for Hulu if I could lose the ads, as opposed to the nothing I pay now, and just torrent the shows.

On cable TV, you can just change the channel until the ads are over. Not quite the same deal with streaming.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #28498 on: October 17, 2013, 05:37:15 pm »

I'll note that on Hulu, refreshing the page during an ad sequence will cut it down to the sponsor notification and a single ad, usually about 35 seconds compared to the standard ad sequence's 120. It seems like every third video load will also give you the option to watch a particularly long ad or play a stupid game, and have no further ads for the rest of the video. This is particularly valuable for movies, but even with a half hour TV show, it is probably worth just refreshing a few times to trigger it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28499 on: October 17, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »

Right, so, my mouth is bleeding. I just got cut by garlic bread. Fucking garlic bread.

Weird thing is, it doesn't even hurt, at all. It's just irritating me, the flap of skin getting in the way of my tongue and my teeth. I dunno if maybe the skin there isn't too sensitive or if I've gotten so used to the prospect of my mouth hurting, but I don't feel anything but annoyance for this.

Well, annoyance and RRAAAAGGGGEEE.

Also, it's really starting to bug me that there are four of every letter in the thread title, except for the "R".

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 1898 1899 [1900] 1901 1902 ... 3345