Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382137 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: At The Speed Of RAGE Edition
« Reply #31065 on: January 05, 2014, 01:35:11 am »

You should write to her and tell her this, willfor. And I mean that earnestly.
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31066 on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:57 am »

Yeah, pretty sure it'll be very appreciated.

I like Breathe On Me too, it's nice c:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31067 on: January 05, 2014, 01:53:19 am »

I probably should write to her, yes. I think I did at one point, but I can't remember if I actually sent it. 2009 was not a great year for my sending of unsolicited emails. But given that she's partially to credit for me going into music . . . I probably should, yes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31068 on: January 05, 2014, 02:37:52 am »

Go Willfor! Let not the ignorance of the masses preceed your intentions!

She'll really appreciate it, given that situation.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #31069 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

I've heard a few people claim she was actually taking a dig at the white ruling class for not caring about the AIDS epidemic among the black populace.
South Africa does not have a white ruling class. It has rich white people, but the people with the ability to do anything about the AIDS epidemic, i.e. the ruling party of the government, are in the majority black. Also, the aforesaid rich white people cannot magically make AIDS stop being a problem. They (We?) are doing as much as possible; condoms are available for free in a lot of places, and sold most other places, people do raise awareness, and the government is helping: anti-retrovirals are subsidised, and there's a reason that Life Orientation is a required subject in all schools (if you fail LO, you fail Matric).

The people suffering from the AIDS epidemic are most certainly among the people who have to work at fixing it. Not the only ones, but among them.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31070 on: January 05, 2014, 12:22:59 pm »

Why do people bring so much hacking into pokemon?  Yes a lot of older people like myself play it, but it's anything but serious business. It pisses me off when I try for a couple quick online matches and get two separate people with obviously illegitimate pokemon.

Yes I'm sure you both got 6 shiny ubers completely legitimately, and look at how much damage they are doing!  You must have gotten good natures as well! Clearly you are the luckiest people in the world!  Allow me to bow before you as I still manage to kill off 2 of those overpowered e-peen boosters with a crappy not IV bred Zoroark!

...This is annoying me more than it probably should.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31071 on: January 05, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »

My internet had a stroke. I spent half an hour trying to fix it.

TURNS OUT IT WAS AVAST SAYING "FUCK YOU NO INTERNET FOR YOU" BECAUSE IT RANDOMLY TURNED ITSELF OFF.
I feel like throwing something at a wall right now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #31072 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:07 pm »

My internet had a stroke. I spent half an hour trying to fix it.

TURNS OUT IT WAS AVAST SAYING "FUCK YOU NO INTERNET FOR YOU" BECAUSE IT RANDOMLY TURNED ITSELF OFF.
I feel like throwing something at a wall right now.

Ah, see, that's what you get for skipping the weekly sacrifice of a pirate to the computer gods.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #31073 on: January 05, 2014, 01:05:12 pm »

I've heard a few people claim she was actually taking a dig at the white ruling class for not caring about the AIDS epidemic among the black populace.
South Africa does not have a white ruling class. It has rich white people, but the people with the ability to do anything about the AIDS epidemic, i.e. the ruling party of the government, are in the majority black. Also, the aforesaid rich white people cannot magically make AIDS stop being a problem. They (We?) are doing as much as possible; condoms are available for free in a lot of places, and sold most other places, people do raise awareness, and the government is helping: anti-retrovirals are subsidised, and there's a reason that Life Orientation is a required subject in all schools (if you fail LO, you fail Matric).

The people suffering from the AIDS epidemic are most certainly among the people who have to work at fixing it. Not the only ones, but among them.
I'm not very educated on the situation there, so thank you for your perspective.

I'll go back to blaming most the problem on people who think condoms and being gay are evil.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31074 on: January 05, 2014, 01:57:04 pm »

My mother wants me to solve some bullshit mathematical excersie because I had bad points on my math exam, and this annoys me immensely.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31075 on: January 05, 2014, 08:36:30 pm »

Post it, I'll do it - keeps me in shape, you know?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31076 on: January 05, 2014, 08:45:44 pm »

Why do people bring so much hacking into pokemon?  Yes a lot of older people like myself play it, but it's anything but serious business. It pisses me off when I try for a couple quick online matches and get two separate people with obviously illegitimate pokemon.

Yes I'm sure you both got 6 shiny ubers completely legitimately, and look at how much damage they are doing!  You must have gotten good natures as well! Clearly you are the luckiest people in the world!  Allow me to bow before you as I still manage to kill off 2 of those overpowered e-peen boosters with a crappy not IV bred Zoroark!

On the flip side, some people I know insist on breeding IVs themselves, grinding the pokemons up to level 100 and egg-breeding moves...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31077 on: January 05, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »

On the flip side, some people I know insist on breeding IVs themselves, grinding the pokemons up to level 100 and egg-breeding moves...
*raises hand*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31078 on: January 05, 2014, 08:52:07 pm »

Hacking is a lot faster.

A lot. A massively, hugely, ridiculously gigantic lot.

Personally, I'd say go for it. Stay within the limits of the game and give some people warning about what you're doing, but for the love of all that is and isn't, save the bloody time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31079 on: January 05, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »

Trying to install mods for Minecraft makes me rage.  So much.  It drives me to violent impulses.  I've been modding almost every game I play for the past 18 years, and not a single one has ever been half as frustrating as all the compatibility issues and detailed file management necessary just to get the most basic shit to work in Minecraft.  But my kids will never ever ever let it go once they've seen something they want to try.  Whhyyyyyy the fuck couldn't this game's infrastructure have been designed somewhat sensibly.  Why does it have to be this fucking Java bullshit that doesn't make any sense.  Why do I have to fuck around with these .jar archives that have a million fucking files in them with no coherent naming scheme that have to be dug around in to be individually replaced and renamed.  Why do there have to be all these stupid modloader mods that I have to tear my hair out trying to get working just to enable other mods.  Why are there 50 million versions of the game and almost every mod ever made for the game has stopped being updated at some different point in the game's development, so I constantly have to switch out game versions, and re-install different modloaders to match those game versions every fucking time some other stupid trinket catches my kid's interest.   AAAAAGGGHHHH
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:00:02 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 3345