Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2071 2072 [2073] 2074 2075 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382543 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: At The Speed Of RAGE Edition
« Reply #31080 on: January 05, 2014, 09:01:10 pm »

There are third party apps that make it a -bit- easier.

Plus I thought the newest minecraft launcher emulated those third party apps, to a degree at any rate? o-o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31081 on: January 05, 2014, 09:01:48 pm »

Teach your kid to do it himself? Or even better, do nothing - he'll learn it himself.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31082 on: January 05, 2014, 09:05:47 pm »

I did teach him to do it himself a long time ago.  I got a system down with him where I had a bunch of zip files containing every major combination of game version/modloader he was likely to need, and showed him how to use them to replace the game files to match whatever he wanted to do.  Then he stopped playing it for over a year.  Now suddenly he's into it again and fucking everything has changed.  I can't even find the game files anymore.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31083 on: January 05, 2014, 09:47:25 pm »

I did teach him to do it himself a long time ago.  I got a system down with him where I had a bunch of zip files containing every major combination of game version/modloader he was likely to need, and showed him how to use them to replace the game files to match whatever he wanted to do.  Then he stopped playing it for over a year.  Now suddenly he's into it again and fucking everything has changed.  I can't even find the game files anymore.
I thought ModLoader and Forge got  more sophisticated so that most mods can be installed just by plopping the jar files in the mods folder.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31084 on: January 05, 2014, 10:33:50 pm »

I thought ModLoader and Forge got  more sophisticated so that most mods can be installed just by plopping the jar files in the mods folder.
Unfortunately, this tends to result in conflicts.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #31085 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:52 pm »

Personally, I'd say go for it. Stay within the limits of the game and give some people warning about what you're doing, but for the love of all that is and isn't, save the bloody time.

My friends argue that part of the fun in pokemon is spending all that time grinding your team up for competitive.

My response is to call them crazy and addicted to a manipulative gaming system, but still. Then again, I play dungeon crawler roguelikes.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31086 on: January 05, 2014, 11:24:13 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25599249

As the comments pointed out, we have plenty of brownfield sites around the country, and simply dumping trees somewhere else doesn't mystically make something have all the wildlife that was in the original place.

What the FUCK is wrong with governments? They have some inability to see long term, and only go for the short-term.
This assumes rational actor theory; that a government is acting as a single, cohesive, rational entity. It doesn't account for contradictions very well other then assuming "stupids gonna stupid", which is unfortunately very common. The other two theories, Organizational and Political, find it easy to explain why a government would do this, or anything seemingly short-sighted.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31087 on: January 05, 2014, 11:28:55 pm »

I'm reading a Radical Feminist blog while I watch Dateline do a thing on children that are bullied because they look unusual and are considering plastic surgery from what I think is a charity.  As I hear and read, each makes arguments for their causes, using terms like "normal".  One is trying to conform people to social expectations while the other is trying to destroy those expectations.  The way in which they go about it causes them to be contradictory to such an extent that you would think there would be a time-space paradox that rips the universe apart.  I think you'd have to be reading and watching both to get what I'm saying but --

-- I'm raging at words, and the crap that happens when people try to use them.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31088 on: January 05, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »

Fuck being normal.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31089 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:49 pm »

Fuck being normal.

Normal is boring. Weird is fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31090 on: January 05, 2014, 11:53:44 pm »

Dx

I wish I knew someone that I could talk to about this in person.

...and that show is making me feel pretty good about the shape of my face.  x3

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31091 on: January 06, 2014, 12:45:04 am »

Personally, I'd say go for it. Stay within the limits of the game and give some people warning about what you're doing, but for the love of all that is and isn't, save the bloody time.
I have no problem with folks who keep things reasonable, even though it is apparently ridiculously easy to breed pokemon in X and Y to have max IVs due to pokes caught from a particular location being guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs, and EV training takes at most an hour the slow way thanks to the super training and 10-20 minutes with hordes and proper equipment.

But when people use nothing but ubers it annoys me.  Where's the sport in that?  When people use nothing but shiny ubers with obvious maxed stats and helpful natures it's ridiculous.  With breed-able pokemon it's perfectly reasonable to come up with these kinds of maxed out stats thanks to skilled breeding in less than a day, in X and Y less than a couple hours. If someone wants to hack that and save them time fine.  I admit I have done it before, but I find the hand training and breeding more satisfying.

But when people start doing that shit to stuff you get at best once per 20+ hour playthrough, that are specifically disallowed from breeding, and are already stronger than most things that aren't another uber even without perfect IVs.  That pisses me off.   Not only is it a cruise control to victory with no effort, it makes the few people who legitimately get lucky, and get good stats on their 'one time' pokemon look like hackers themselves.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:48:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #31092 on: January 06, 2014, 02:39:47 am »

Unfortunately, this tends to result in conflicts.
Yeah, but forge now makes a list of all ID conflicts, tells you which mod they're from and suggests a range of free IDs you could change the conflicting ones to.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31093 on: January 06, 2014, 02:58:46 am »

Going back to school tomorrow. That certainly won't make my mental state worse as it did before winter break! I love school and failing everyone's expectations of me, including myself! Simply love it!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31094 on: January 06, 2014, 07:47:03 am »

School is delayed two hours this morning.
This would be a good thing except I kinda needed my first block class today to finish my science fair project.
SO YEAH, THE ONE DELAY WE HAVE THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE ON THE ONE DAY THAT I DON'T WANT ONE TO HAPPEN.
And as I typed this, I learned that school was CLOSED.
FUCKING DAMN IT ALL TO A LOVECRAFTIAN HELL.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 2071 2072 [2073] 2074 2075 ... 3345