Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383393 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Too Sexy For This Thread Edition
« Reply #31845 on: January 21, 2014, 02:18:16 am »

Original convo in the Morrowind thread on Other Games, but I figured it was more relevantly posted here.
Oh hey, first page post! :D

I was going to rant about Oblivion but seeing the things there..
Erhh.

In short: I do not like how they modeled...most things for female warriors...wrong. (I mean, fantasy realm-deviation from RL wherein female warriors were 'rarer' or less documented and stuff)
Iron armor?
Chainmail armor?
The battle cries? (Which seem...like overacting rather than a real war cry [no offense to the actor]) I mean, I've spent years in Taekwondo and..I've never heard such exasperation in the tone.

Oh, and the drawing/sheathing of weapons. I do understand an audible cue to show 'combat has started', but...there is no darn option to get those sounds off other than muting everything. No mods even fix that (as far as I've seen).

T_T

Weapons are not that noisy. They're annoying, after the first few instances.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Too Sexy For This Thread Edition
« Reply #31846 on: January 21, 2014, 02:38:56 am »

How scabbards sound in TES: *SHHHHHHHHNG*

Even less sense when you're using a weapon that is strapped on your belt, like a mace.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31847 on: January 21, 2014, 03:12:11 am »

Work related rage:

Planning can go to hell. Literally. With tentacle demons, and the whole thing. With elves.

"Include 12x #30 pilots, which are perpendicular to the machining axis, on a 3 axis machine."

Nevermind that you *can't do that*. The axis is fixed! Normally, this means doing the holes in a different stage, but that isn't possible with this part because it is made of aluminum "T" shaped extrusion, with the legs being 4 inches long, and the thickness of the legs being .5 inches. Clamping that shit in a vise to hold it will have about 2 inches of dead air above the top of the vise, and this is soft, untempered aluminum. That 4 inch long flap that needs the holes put in will sag. *WILL SAG*.  Let me repeat that. *IT WILL SAG*. Nevermind what will happen when you push down on it with the drill.

This part was never intended to be made on a 3 axis mill. Planning has some stupid idea that they can save money by doing it on one anyway.  No. If they had planned this for the D500 instead of the leadwell, I could just use the trunion axis and reorient the spindle, and all would be cake.

But no.  Leadwell. 

Planning can go to hell.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31848 on: January 21, 2014, 04:48:13 am »

To be fair, Tir, the battlecries for both genders in Oblivion are pretty bad. :P

My rage: herp-derped my way through several kilometres of sweltering heat only to be told that my appointment had been set up wrong and I can't be seen until next weak.
I didn't rage at the time, though. I'd already sweated out my capacity for emotion.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31849 on: January 21, 2014, 05:29:28 am »

Even less sense when you're using a weapon that is strapped on your belt, like a mace.

Only explanation is three gnomes constantly following you around behind the camera and producing all the sound effects for you.

They're masters of timing their actions to yours. Also the music is one of the beat-boxing.
Love, scriver~

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31850 on: January 21, 2014, 06:44:14 am »

'Piss off with your 'holier than thou' mentality. The stuff you're on about is good, but for the love of Christ, you will NOT convince anyone by acting like a shit about it!'

Pretty much my reaction to him, aye.

Only explanation is three gnomes constantly following you around behind the camera and producing all the sound effects for you.

They're masters of timing their actions to yours. Also the music is one of the beat-boxing.

I actually laughed the hardest when the sound sometimes played when pulling a Bow.

"SCHWUING"

"What the..."

Truth be told tough, I never really liked Morrowind. I cant stand games where one can stand DIRECTLY in front of something, swing a Battleaxe and miss 3 times in a Row.

Also, just reinstalled Gothic 2 + Addon, after my Savefile got corrupted before. After 2 hours of getting it to work I finally realize that my Difficulty Mod does not work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:45:48 am by Stuebi »
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31851 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:17 am »

You dislike every pen-and-paper RPG ever made, then? Not to mention every western RPG made before... Morrowind?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31852 on: January 21, 2014, 10:14:59 am »

Does it do it with magic?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31853 on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:15 pm »

When I play Morrowind, I just install that mod that makes every swing hit, and your skill level changes your damage instead of your chance-to-hit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31854 on: January 21, 2014, 12:36:38 pm »

Depends what level of roleplaying you prefer. Most, I imagine, want their own player skill to directly correlate to the character on the screen's skill (especially for things like hitting with a weapon), so Morrowind's normal system can be disliked.

Then there are people like my wife, who think their character as almost an entirely separate entity, so missing in such cases is justified since the character isn't that good at swinging an axe yet.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #31855 on: January 21, 2014, 12:47:13 pm »

Most, I imagine, want their own player skill to directly correlate to the character on the screen's skill (especially for things like hitting with a weapon), so Morrowind's normal system can be disliked.
For me the entire point of roleplay is numbers, something Morrowind is pretty good at.

Needless to say I loathe tabletop roleplay :P.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31856 on: January 21, 2014, 12:50:32 pm »

Most, I imagine, want their own player skill to directly correlate to the character on the screen's skill (especially for things like hitting with a weapon), so Morrowind's normal system can be disliked.
For me the entire point of roleplay is numbers, something Morrowind is pretty good at.

You'll have to explain that to me, because roleplaying as I understand it is sort of anti numbers. It fills in the gaps that statistics can't cover. You can't assign a number to personality.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31857 on: January 21, 2014, 12:51:49 pm »

You dislike every pen-and-paper RPG ever made, then? Not to mention every western RPG made before... Morrowind?

I should've qualified the statement with "Videogames".

In pen and Paper, the DM can explain why you missed, and in Larp missing isnt uncommon. But in stuff like Morrowind, you can poke that stick DIRECTLY into an Enemy Dragon thrice and miss every blow. I find that immensely immersion-breaking.

Exceptions include Turn-Based Games, because im not aiming directly in most of those. But when the game makes me do the swings myself, and wants me to aim my Bow, I dont want some percentage added that then calculates if that arrow/sword "counts".

I hope that makes a bit more sense, im actually a huge fan of PnP and Western RPG's.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #31858 on: January 21, 2014, 12:54:53 pm »

You'll have to explain that to me, because roleplaying as I understand it is sort of anti numbers. It fills in the gaps that statistics can't cover. You can't assign a number to personality.
Well, with "roleplaying" I really mean "playing RPGs", which, while giving you a lot of freedom to act, don't really require personality imo.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31859 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:54 pm »

That's just regular playing a game :P
Pages: 1 ... 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 ... 3345