Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2200 2201 [2202] 2203 2204 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426966 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Friendship is Shanking Edition
« Reply #33015 on: February 25, 2014, 10:50:02 pm »

I am really tired of seeing shitty parodies of [insert recent popular song] constantly.

If you're trying to be funny, congratulations. You've created something that is completely dependent on another person's work and will become dated and forgotten faster than... well, the shitty pop song you based it on. Enjoy your fifteen minutes of riding someone else's coattails! I hope it was a good substitute for real fame, because that's probably all you're going to amount to.

If you're trying to be political, there are far better ways to make a difference in the world than making a Gangam Style parody. If you honestly can't think of one, please distance yourself from any political group you may support as you are an embarrassment to them. Then listen to some Neil Young and see if you can salvage your creativity.

+1

Congratulations on being second best to the real thing! :D
Probably closer to n-th best to the real thing, unless you have a less-crap than average parody.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33016 on: February 25, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »

It's Weird Al's job, and he tends to actually do satire. Rather than just changing the sound of dubstep to a goat baaing or putting the word underwear in a song. :P

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33017 on: February 25, 2014, 10:53:43 pm »

Could we make an exception for Weird Al?  He did some funny things in his day.
Weird Al has been known to make songs better than the songs he's parodying... He's even got an effect named after him

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33018 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:03 pm »

Yeah, that rant is more targeted at random Youtube people.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #33019 on: February 26, 2014, 12:51:59 am »

Fiddling further with google's annoying "google+ forcibly combined with all our other services" thing.
Screw real life identities on the internet, this is the internet, I should be free to pick what my identity is rather than forced into it, Google. Holy shit the very idea of transparent see-thru no privacy social media being forced on you in order to use internet services such as sharing content offends me in so many ways. Yes, I could just not use it, but why would you force it in the first place instead of giving people an option.

tl;dr: Anyone know a good alternative free email service provider thing that isn't gmail?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #33020 on: February 26, 2014, 02:50:16 am »

You could always just make a name up, I'm reasonably certain that Kyratzes Talvadore is not in fact my real name, unless I'm being kept out of the loop somewhere.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #33021 on: February 26, 2014, 04:58:58 am »

You could always just make a name up, I'm reasonably certain that Kyratzes Talvadore is not in fact my real name, unless I'm being kept out of the loop somewhere.
My Skype name is Sky Runner. Good enough.

I am really tired of seeing shitty parodies of [insert recent popular song] constantly.

If you're trying to be funny, congratulations. You've created something that is completely dependent on another person's work and will become dated and forgotten faster than... well, the shitty pop song you based it on. Enjoy your fifteen minutes of riding someone else's coattails! I hope it was a good substitute for real fame, because that's probably all you're going to amount to.

If you're trying to be political, there are far better ways to make a difference in the world than making a Gangam Style parody. If you honestly can't think of one, please distance yourself from any political group you may support as you are an embarrassment to them. Then listen to some Neil Young and see if you can salvage your creativity.
For some reason I thought you meant Frozen "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" reading the first paragraph. >__>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33022 on: February 26, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »

So I wanted to play my legally bought copy of Far Cry 3. Except guess what, Ubisoft cannot into servers, and therefore I cannot play a game I supposedly own. Well, fuck you too Ubi.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33023 on: February 26, 2014, 02:11:27 pm »

So I wanted to play my legally bought copy of Far Cry 3. Except guess what, Ubisoft cannot into servers, and therefore I cannot play a game I supposedly own. Well, fuck you too Ubi.
You can probably fix it until they can into servers if you look hard enough, if you really want to play it now. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33024 on: February 26, 2014, 02:52:03 pm »

Viewing or editing the game files is probably against the EULA. Then again, you probably technically broke the EULA by installing it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33025 on: February 26, 2014, 03:13:24 pm »

The guy who runs my department has no backbone and allowed people to move from one end of the week to the other. Now we have too many on one end, he's being forced to move people, and it looks like it might be me. I can't see any of the three other people being moved because: one intimidates the boss and always gets his way, one is good out of work friends with him, and the final one has a complicated child care situation.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33026 on: February 26, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

@ Anonymity on the internet/Gmail discussion.
I have two email accounts, one with my real name, in the form of f(irstname)lastname@gmail.com, and then the other one that's tied to first name: My Name, last name: Is Immaterial.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #33027 on: February 26, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »

RAEGE.
I can now only access bay12 from home right now because of stupid new web filter, which is surprisingly effective. I'm testing out a bypass tomorrow, and if successful I'll make sure to notify you. Then I'll distribute it everywhere for no real reason other than to screw with IT for cracking all their new safeguards within 24 hours.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33028 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:19 pm »

Yeah on that, I always use fake names and personal info to sign up. Screw the terms of use, I don't want some website selling my personal data. Privacy is also important - I don't want to connect the six different spheres I work within on the Internet. I'm fine connecting my dumb D&D blog with my forum account here, because I consider both to include my gaming sphere. Comprehensive social networking like FB or G+ aims to connect everything, adding value to the data they collect. I want a simple transaction: I request a page load from your server, you send it to me with an ad. That is where the relationship ends. No website gets to use it to exert control over me.

I had to use a Google account to do something so I had to make one. They had the fucking gall to ask for my phone number. WTF ever happened to "Don't Be Evil"? I ended up naming my account something like "Fuckyougoogle Idemandprivacy" which they now have in their databases and the database guy has to look at it every once in a while.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33029 on: February 26, 2014, 05:31:38 pm »

RAEGE.
I can now only access bay12 from home right now because of stupid new web filter, which is surprisingly effective. I'm testing out a bypass tomorrow, and if successful I'll make sure to notify you. Then I'll distribute it everywhere for no real reason other than to screw with IT for cracking all their new safeguards within 24 hours.
Web filters are built to be broken. They don't work when you use them unless they're purposefully built to only block a single domain.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 2200 2201 [2202] 2203 2204 ... 3345