Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 ... 3326

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 2027399 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33375 on: March 13, 2014, 03:40:43 pm »

Smoke detectors. Fucking smoke detectors.

I understand the need to remind people to change the batteries in things every once in a while. That's all good, but the way they go about it, with an incessant beeping sound every minute is just infuriating. And there's no all clear signal or anything to let you know that you've installed the battery correctly; you just have to wait and see if you can hear the beeping again.

I don't know about you, but most smoke detectors I've seen have buttons for testing if the thing still works.
I pushed that button after I put the new battery in; it made the proper smoke detector noise but it still kept beeping every minute after that. It's probably broken or something since it's over a decade since it was supposed to have been replaced; I've removed it from the main power and taken out the backup battery and now I'm hoping the internal battery will run out eventually and it will finally shut up before I have to smash it to bits with a hammer.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33376 on: March 13, 2014, 04:31:12 pm »

For what it's worth, you can bury the thing under a sufficiently large amount of linens (possibly inside a clothes drawer or something, on the other side of the house, maybe out-freaking-side) and largely-to-entirely block the sound. Wrap it in a few blankets and hide it in a closet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33377 on: March 13, 2014, 04:32:08 pm »

For what it's worth, you can bury the thing under a sufficiently large amount of linens (possibly inside a clothes drawer or something, on the other side of the house, maybe out-freaking-side) and largely-to-entirely block the sound. Wrap it in a few blankets and hide it in a closet.
But that's where I put my dead hookers.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33378 on: March 13, 2014, 04:34:43 pm »

Now look, They had to go eventually, It's the hookers or the alarm, man.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33379 on: March 13, 2014, 04:36:52 pm »

Just stuff the fire alarm in a dead hooker and wrap the whole lot in a blanket and shove 'em in the closet. More insulation is more insulation -- the more stuff between the beeping and you, the harder it will be to hear. Even if it's clap ridden necrotic prostitute flesh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33380 on: March 13, 2014, 04:39:06 pm »

Yes, quite right Steelmagic. Dutchling, you have way too many skeletons in the closet-they have to come out sometime, alright? It'll eat you up otherwise.

Edit: And to be quite frank, Frumple, your post disturbed me  ??? Sounds like you have practice in this type of thing. *Shudders*  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33381 on: March 13, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »

Yes, quite right Steelmagic. Dutchling, you have way too many skeletons in the closet-they have to come out sometime, alright? It'll eat you up otherwise.
Unless zombie apocalypse, it won't, actually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33382 on: March 13, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »

Edit: And to be quite frank, Frumple, your post disturbed me  ??? Sounds like you have practice in this type of thing. *Shudders*  :P
No, no... I've never actually tried to muffle a smoke detector with flesh, human or otherwise, alive or not. But meat will work if meat is what's available, and if Dutchling's only objection to stuffing the alarm in the closet is the pile of rotting flesh, well, the solution is obvious. You can stick stuff in that. It's like a convenient corpse pocket that gets you arrested for life.
Ask not!
Ask!

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33383 on: March 13, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

No, no... I've never actually tried to muffle a smoke detector with flesh, human or otherwise, alive or not. But meat will work if meat is what's available, and if Dutchling's only objection to stuffing the alarm in the closet is the pile of rotting flesh, well, the solution is obvious. You can stick stuff in that. It's like a convenient corpse pocket that gets you arrested for life.

Yes, Frumple, but the fact that you deemed using "Flesh pockets" to be a more sensible solution than simply throwing it out the window, is in itself something to be worried of.  :)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33384 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »

Re: Adblock, I'm a bit confused what moron doesn't tick the "block all ads" box. If you want to block ads, except on certain sites, then there's jack shit reason you don't hit the button that blanket-blocks all non-exempt ads.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33385 on: March 13, 2014, 04:55:58 pm »

Yes, Frumple, but the fact that you deemed using "Flesh pockets" to be a more sensible solution than simply throwing it out the window, is in itself something to be worried of.  :)
Eh, fair enough. I mostly figured Dutchling had some reason (which shan't be speculated on, for nearly all possible reasons are horrible) to keep them in there to begin with, and so throwing them out wasn't an option.
Ask not!
Ask!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33386 on: March 13, 2014, 04:57:37 pm »

Eh, fair enough. I mostly figured Dutchling had some reason (which shan't be speculated on, for nearly all possible reasons are horrible) to keep them in there to begin with, and so throwing them out wasn't an option.
I think he meant to throw the alarm out the window, not necessarily the hookers.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33387 on: March 13, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »

Hrm... maybe after wrapping the alarm in blankets. Otherwise it's just going to be outside and beeping obnoxiously and probably pissing off the neighbors, too.

But then you'd probably be getting the blankets dirty. Best to take the tauntaun route.
Ask not!
Ask!

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33388 on: March 13, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »

Let's forget about the hookers-if we can, at this stage of the discussion-The simplest solution involves a hammer. And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.

Also, Re adblock.
I don't have it. I just think that if what I'm on is funded by ads, what happens when they realise no one can watch the ads?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:12:57 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33389 on: March 13, 2014, 05:15:15 pm »

Let's forget about the hookers-if we can, at this stage of the discussion-The simplest solution involves a hammer. And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.

Also, Re adblock.
I don't have it. I just think that if what I'm on is funded by ads, what happens when they realise no one can watch the ads?

Don't be silly, hooker bombs are the best solution to every problem.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 [2226] 2227 2228 ... 3326