Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2217 2218 [2219] 2220 2221 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3418656 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Could have been a godzilla, better safe than sorry.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

It was a plate I had in a drying rack. Apparently, this building shakes enough to dislodge dishes. Still, what a way to wake up. I almost made it to my sword before realizing I was on the third floor.
...sword? Color me intrigued.
Read the description under his avatar.
One's under-avatar description does not necessarily reflect reality. Cmega3.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I believe it ought to be a Bay12 tradition to keep exotic weaponry close at hand or by one's bedplace for reassurance or against burgling fellows. Sword for the dishwasher, machete for the thief, halberd for the mailman, kamas for that one imagined stair atop one's most familiar staircase, trebuchet for the alarm clock.

I may have to talk to my hall director about getting the trebuchet moved in over spring break.
... y'know, if I had any interest in jonesing, I'd find my own small assortment of walking sticks to be inadequate.

I mostly just use them to open/close ceiling vents, these days. Sometimes walking! Rarely to poke grass to make sure snakes aren't it in. Occasionally to dry laundry. A length of wood is surprisingly versatile when you don't have much in the way of more specialized tools available.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep a crowbar in my truck. We aren't allowed to have actual weapons, but I want to have something in case of burglars, axe murderers, zombie plagues, and resonance cascades.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... not even a decent pocket knife? I'd imagine one of those would be incredibly useful for a trucker. They're... kinda' incredibly useful for most anyone, really. Very helpful incidental omnitool.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... not even a decent pocket knife? I'd imagine one of those would be incredibly useful for a trucker. They're... kinda' incredibly useful for most anyone, really. Very helpful incidental omnitool.
I want something with a bit of heft and reach. Most pocket knives that would be permissible on a truck would not fit those criteria :p

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I used to have a wonderful knife, until my brother stole it and took it to work, broke the tip off (probably trying to use it as a screwdriver) and lost the fucking sheath.

All I've got now is an itty-bitty bolt action .17 rifle.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want something with a bit of heft and reach. Most pocket knives that would be permissible on a truck would not fit those criteria :p
Also, a crowbar is a useful tool.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

See? You get it, Frumple gets it, Kisame gets it. It's like having a spirit animal, only it's less animal and more pokey-crushy-slashy-ouchy.
Spirit animal with claws like sad knives. Perhaps something scaled...
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

All I have is a collection of rusty and/or broken Swiss Army Knives I swiped from one of my mom's ex-boyfriends found laying around in the street.

One's under-avatar description does not necessarily reflect reality. Cmega3.

My personal text happened. It was distracting.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

I personally prefer to carry brass knuckles with me, usually, but I am going someplace dangerous, I pack an iceaxe. If proprly sharpened, it deals significant damage to living creatures (tested on wolves), is not stopped by heavy clothing, light and easy to wield in one hand and never arouses suspicions a more traditional close combat weapon would.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

I just bring myself. I am the weapon

(Karate intensifies)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Uhhh. Hold up, think I got a photo somewhere.....

Spoiler: AHA! (click to show/hide)

For reference, each square is about two inches across. Hand forged and filed by me. Not quite sharp, so as a weapon it's less sword, and more metal club, but it was closer than my spear.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

never arouses suspicions a more traditional close combat weapon would.
Unless you're in a place that, say, maybe has ice on the ground two-three days out of the year.

I actually had to look up what ice axes are. I hadn't seen one before today :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I just bring myself. I am the weapon

(Karate intensifies)
WataaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2217 2218 [2219] 2220 2221 ... 3345