Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2226 2227 [2228] 2229 2230 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381606 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33405 on: March 07, 2014, 11:34:06 am »

Really, you are making it sound much more difficult than it was. That was not the first time I got lost in the woods, and not the first time I was found via the smoke of a fire I made, either. What made that incident different was the wolf, and even then my life was in no serious danger - wolves never attack animals who stand still, meaning that I could've just ignored the beast and continued working on the tree until the wolf went away. But I was afraid, and attacked the animal.

You get UnReal World points regardless.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33406 on: March 07, 2014, 11:43:50 am »

Really, you are making it sound much more difficult than it was. That was not the first time I got lost in the woods, and not the first time I was found via the smoke of a fire I made, either. What made that incident different was the wolf, and even then my life was in no serious danger - wolves never attack animals who stand still, meaning that I could've just ignored the beast and continued working on the tree until the wolf went away. But I was afraid, and attacked the animal.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Anyway, thanks for the compliments :).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33407 on: March 07, 2014, 11:45:47 am »

At least wolves are gentlemen :P

Anyway, that story was pretty interesting regardless. Always love survival stories :)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33408 on: March 07, 2014, 11:49:34 am »

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Good thing. Unless it involves manipulating unwitting people to leave their hopes with stories of adventure and murdering and cannibalizing them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33409 on: March 07, 2014, 11:50:47 am »

When I went to the lunchroom today, I had no shitlist.

I sat at a table occupied by some of the other freshmen. Apparently, one of the girls at the table always carried a taser and pepper spray with her because she almost got raped once. Upon discovering this, one of the guys proceeded to make fun of her for almost getting raped. He continued this until she got so uncomfortable that she had to leave.

I now have a shitlist.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33410 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:45 am »

Report that sexual harassment, yo.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33411 on: March 07, 2014, 11:53:22 am »

That's plain harassment, not sexual harassment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33412 on: March 07, 2014, 12:05:11 pm »

I was under the impression making jokes about rape to someone who definitely doesn't want to hear it falls under sexual harassment.

If that's not the case, I'll say that's how it should be, and reiterate reporting the jackass regardless.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33413 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:31 pm »

Seriously, what's funny about rape? She honestly should've used that pepper spray on him.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33414 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:28 pm »

Seriously, what's funny about rape? She honestly should've used that pepper spray on him.
It's usually better NOT to have battery charges laid upon you.

She should have reported the harassment instead.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33415 on: March 07, 2014, 12:26:25 pm »

This might be an awkward time to bring it up... but I kind of find myself feeling uncomfortable with how quickly and eagerly people seem to recommend assaulting someone.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33416 on: March 07, 2014, 12:35:07 pm »

I just try to imagine it as people being reactionary online, and not actually the kind of person who jumps right to violence as the solution in The Real World™.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33418 on: March 07, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

Attacking and killing the thing was pretty unnecessary as far as I can see.
I guess you were taking out your frustration from the whole annoying ordeal of the field trip and such? Still, I don't see how it counts as badass.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33419 on: March 07, 2014, 01:03:06 pm »

Killing it wouldn't technically be necessary, but scaring the crap out of it to help ensure it never came back is reasonable.

Although, if you kill one of them, its friends, if there are any around, would probably leg it because "fuck this guy he's nuts!"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2226 2227 [2228] 2229 2230 ... 3345