Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2231 2232 [2233] 2234 2235 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381806 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33480 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »

Oooo, can I get a cool nickname!?
Say something stupid and we'll talk.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33481 on: March 07, 2014, 08:47:32 pm »

Oooo, can I get a cool nickname!?
Say something stupid and we'll talk.

Uhhhhh.
Communism is a good idea and would totally work in modern society!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33482 on: March 07, 2014, 08:51:10 pm »

Let's call him Lieutenant Shiny-Shorts and keep the naming-trend going.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33483 on: March 07, 2014, 08:57:03 pm »

I like that one. I accept that one.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33484 on: March 07, 2014, 08:57:15 pm »

Kind of like how Twilight has created a "real" version of the vampire that leads tweenagers to leave disparaging reviews on Bram Stoker's anime page, or the complaints that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is nothing like the Disney version.  Or people even assuming that it was a disgustingly grimdark story inspired by Disney and riding on its coattails.  It's an adaptation masquerading as the original and enjoying an atmosphere of preference.

Why does the original have responsibility to resemble the derivative?  That doesn't make sense.  And there's nothing wrong with people enjoying one version more than another--that's a matter of taste. But to me, deciding to act like the inspiring source doesn't exist--which is what happens when you refuse to recognize any differences between what you've produced and the source, and then authoritatively call your product "professional-looking manga" and the like--is sickening.

Forgive me if I intercede (or something along the lines of cut in [in probably a bad way due to wording]) but I'll take note that (well, the whole basis of this post is on the bolded part) there are differences back then, and differences now.

Back then, the concept was new. There was no backing, no background, and generally a hard and vague idea of what its origin was about (creation of manga and its..err, realism[?]). Compared to said reviews--those (reviews) are just utterly wrong because those things in that context had a background and origin to base on. (I mean bloody hell. Disparaging Bram Stroker because of...THAT?! Yeah, more than enough to irk consistent knowledge)

Related to the thread, that's what I'm mad about--it irks me that people replace what they see instead of what they understand as conceptual fact. Things that 'are', to them, that is. That, and probable unsorted information regarding how I notice a great culture change regarding how people value information...is unsettling.

I don't know how to word it better but the gist is: I am annoyed at how people assume things 'are' how they are today, and take it as that instead of delving back into the past and in the very least appreciating the roots at which what things exist now, are now. I am irked at how superficial thoughts go, nowadays, but that's connected to mass media--and countered by me being happy in the library awaaaaay from all that.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33485 on: March 07, 2014, 09:16:18 pm »

Me! Me! Me! Pick me! I want a stupid cool nickname too!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33486 on: March 07, 2014, 09:17:17 pm »

Handker-Chief.

Edit: Wait, why is this in the rage thread?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33487 on: March 07, 2014, 09:21:23 pm »

Because I wanted a cool nickname too about a page ago.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33488 on: March 07, 2014, 11:46:48 pm »

Got stuck at work for an extra hour because my boss is a tyrannical bitch. Came home all pissed off and did an-hour long application for another job (personal banker.) Meanwhile, Wolfeyez is napping in the chair, because in my KILLRAEGBLURBHDLAHD, I've been inadvertently ignoring her. I AM SO STUPID. >:C

On top of that, I've now read through Vector's posts in the sad thread, and am very willing to murder both her ex and her parents.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:50:11 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33489 on: March 08, 2014, 07:30:50 am »

Got stuck at work for an extra hour because my boss is a tyrannical bitch. Came home all pissed off and did an-hour long application for another job (personal banker.) Meanwhile, Wolfeyez is napping in the chair, because in my KILLRAEGBLURBHDLAHD, I've been inadvertently ignoring her. I AM SO STUPID. >:C

On top of that, I've now read through Vector's posts in the sad thread, and am very willing to murder both her ex and her parents.

So.....today was a good day?

It wasn't today that this happened, but it was close to it, so meh. My Geography teacher wanted to go over my revision notes, some of which I had been given in my old school. Now, this teacher was a very small person, and fit the stereotype of such people very well. She was short, angry, grumpy and over all annoying. But I was one of the few in her semi-good books because I was the only one who actually did some semblance of work (I am amazed myself). Now, she combed through the stuff I had tentatively provided, picking out the bits she hadn't given me. "What are these?" She says tersely, and so I explain.

She says she wants to keep these to check them for relevancy later. I don't see much wrong with this, and so she takes them. The next day, some of my friends come out of her other geography class proudly bearing what they called "The best notes we have ever gotten off of her" I was intrigued, and looked. Imagine how annoyed/angry I was when I saw she had photocopied all my notes and passed them off as hers?

Really, what this "Rage" is about is the fact that the common decencies in life were spread out unequally at birth.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33490 on: March 08, 2014, 10:51:00 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33491 on: March 08, 2014, 11:31:07 am »

Fuck life. All week at work I've been getting blamed for things I never did, even things that never actually happened. And at home, things are worse. Apparently, my parents decided to give about half the floor space left in my room and one of my dressers to my sister, which, as usual, I don't find out until they're pulling the drawers out and telling me to throw the contents in the trash.

This morning, my stepdad throws out a tub of margarine that was more than half full because he didn't like the way I was using it - mind you, when he uses butter, he does practically the same thing, he rubs it the whole stick on a surface, only he also leaves the entire stick out sometimes for days before putting it back in the fridge - and in the same conversation(one-way of course) implies once again I've no right to be pissed off about anything. I suppose he wants me to be just like him, taking pills or smoking weed whenever anything goes wrong, or just every half hour somehow whenever nothing does. Maybe I should take so many fucking happy pills until my head explodes, or perhaps feed him so many that his does.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'm going to snap soon, so all you need to do is point me in their general direction.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33492 on: March 08, 2014, 11:36:54 am »

... so how much longer until you can move out, Ak? Having a definite date/time frame might help deal with those people apparently squatting in your home.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33493 on: March 08, 2014, 12:08:04 pm »

... so how much longer until you can move out, Ak? Having a definite date/time frame might help deal with those people apparently squatting in your home.
You mean "until they get fed up with imaginary bullshit and kick me out/I snap and go on an axe-killing spree"? No idea.

There was another thing that pissed me off this week. The college had some comedian perform. Actually two, the warmup and the headliner. The first guy, one of his jokes was "I'm broke, but I'm white-guy broke, so it's okay." and also "I was trying to negotiate my pay, which was $9 and hour, but I'd get a 401k.". Shouldn't be too hard to figure out how that pisses me off.
The headliner, his first joke was "You ever date a girl and find out she was retarded?". How the fuck is that funny? The only good news was, there actually wasn't that much laughter coming from the crowd.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33494 on: March 08, 2014, 02:37:21 pm »

You are, obviously, a Russian Icepick Berserker. Feel free to drop either of the adjectives, but not both.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2231 2232 [2233] 2234 2235 ... 3345