Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2232 2233 [2234] 2235 2236 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383948 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33495 on: March 08, 2014, 02:46:06 pm »

Curves can cross TWICE. Shit. This ruins everything!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33496 on: March 08, 2014, 06:18:49 pm »

Context?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33497 on: March 08, 2014, 06:26:16 pm »

Context?

I think something like this

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33498 on: March 08, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »

Tension and compression are very different things.

I need to kill someone. And outlaw truss systems.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33499 on: March 08, 2014, 08:11:51 pm »

Context?

I think something like this
Yes, I had a neat idea for checking to see if two curves crossed that turns out to have relied on them not doing so an even number of times, because I'm bad at thinking things through. Would've been way more efficient than the method it looks like I'm going to have to employ (and also learn how to employ in the first place, because using scipy to find roots is both math and programming that I don't know how to do in this case).

EDIT: Let it never be said that I am a clever man, basically.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:14:41 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33500 on: March 08, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »

I snapped off a minijack tip inside my Mac. Can't get it out, and can't listen to music. MINIJAAAAACK.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33501 on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:16 pm »

Rust...

Just Rust. My brother and I got raided, and were each killed at least 6 times trying to retake our house. I eventually managed to lock them inside, and they ran off when I opened the door about 15 minutes later. With all my guns, ammo, and most of my food. They were sitting on my food stocks, so they probably would've lasted longer than me anyway. I'm not even mad that they raided us, just that they stuck around for so damn long to rack up more kills.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33502 on: March 08, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »

So, because I'm taking part in a cyber defence competition we get access to microsoft dreamspark, a program where educational institutes and other organazations pay microsoft some kind of fee so that their students get free (to them) microsoft products.  I finally decided to take advantage of this, and "Brought" a copy of windows 7 for my new computer. 
So, to cover the first part of my rage
Things he/she doesn't mention-
The download manager not ever starting a download for twenty minutes, and just staying at zero percent.   
The download manager getting to some random percent downloaded, and then stopping. 
The download manager getting to some random percent downloaded and then giving you an error about corrupted files.
The download manager downloading the whole file after many, many tries, and then telling you the file is corrupted.
The download manager (At this point I just looked at the download manager and it has somehow went form 93% done to 67%.   I'm honestly not surprised).
The download manager getting to some random percent downloaded, and then telling you that the port is blocked.
Finally getting an ISO downloaded, set up, and somehow corrupted.  (This is based on the error code a BSOD is giving me, and how three quarters of the people who have that error code mention "I got this ISO from dreamsparks").
Yes, I know it's free.  But what am I going to do?  Pay over a hundred dollars to get something I already own?   
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:07:14 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33503 on: March 08, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »

Pirate it?
I assume that they gave you the serial number when you "bought" it, so you can just download the pirate copy and put the real serial number into it.

I don't think that there is any ethical problems with pirating something you already own, and it seems that it will be far less of a pain in the ass that way.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33504 on: March 08, 2014, 11:28:38 pm »

Pirate it?
I assume that they gave you the serial number when you "bought" it, so you can just download the pirate copy and put the real serial number into it.

I don't think that there is any ethical problems with pirating something you already own, and it seems that it will be far less of a pain in the ass that way.
I think that part of the problem might be the specific .iso they provide, so I went ahead and ordered a copy of win7 professional, and I'm downloading that right now.   If that doesn't work my uncle actually has a bunch of boot disc and is coming over for a visit next week, so I'll have him bring one.   

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33505 on: March 09, 2014, 12:33:36 am »

Wait, you can still buy copies of Windows 7? Then why do I keep hearing stories about people buying Windows 8?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33506 on: March 09, 2014, 12:38:37 am »

Because Windows 8 is not the nightmare people describe it as?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33507 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:15 am »

Windows 8 is alright, to be honest, though i've spent all of 20 seconds in the tiles thing. The rest has been in the desktop and it's been solid in that aspect. Fast enough for my purposes.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33508 on: March 09, 2014, 01:09:27 am »

Windows 8 is alright, to be honest, though I've spent all of 20 seconds in the tiles thing. The rest has been in the desktop and it's been solid in that aspect. Fast enough for my purposes.

Yeah, after having spent a few months with it, I don't see any problem either.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33509 on: March 09, 2014, 01:33:19 am »

It was something wrong with the .iso file that was provided for win7 standard.   Installing professional worked perfectly.
That is, it worked perfectly until I realized I had the "Write over existing data" box checked when installing ubuntu.   So that's why I'm not in the happy thread right now.   At least now I know both operating systems do workk, and it's just a matter of getting them to not murder each other over hard drive space.   
Pages: 1 ... 2232 2233 [2234] 2235 2236 ... 3345