Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2245 2246 [2247] 2248 2249 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3417963 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Armed and Sleepy Edition
« Reply #33690 on: March 13, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »

Edit: And to be quite frank, Frumple, your post disturbed me  ??? Sounds like you have practice in this type of thing. *Shudders*  :P
No, no... I've never actually tried to muffle a smoke detector with flesh, human or otherwise, alive or not. But meat will work if meat is what's available, and if Dutchling's only objection to stuffing the alarm in the closet is the pile of rotting flesh, well, the solution is obvious. You can stick stuff in that. It's like a convenient corpse pocket that gets you arrested for life.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33691 on: March 13, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

Edit: And to be quite frank, Frumple, your post disturbed me  ??? Sounds like you have practice in this type of thing. *Shudders*  :P
No, no... I've never actually tried to muffle a smoke detector with flesh, human or otherwise, alive or not. But meat will work if meat is what's available, and if Dutchling's only objection to stuffing the alarm in the closet is the pile of rotting flesh, well, the solution is obvious. You can stick stuff in that. It's like a convenient corpse pocket that gets you arrested for life.

Yes, Frumple, but the fact that you deemed using "Flesh pockets" to be a more sensible solution than simply throwing it out the window, is in itself something to be worried of.  :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33692 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »

Re: Adblock, I'm a bit confused what moron doesn't tick the "block all ads" box. If you want to block ads, except on certain sites, then there's jack shit reason you don't hit the button that blanket-blocks all non-exempt ads.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33693 on: March 13, 2014, 04:55:58 pm »

Yes, Frumple, but the fact that you deemed using "Flesh pockets" to be a more sensible solution than simply throwing it out the window, is in itself something to be worried of.  :)
Eh, fair enough. I mostly figured Dutchling had some reason (which shan't be speculated on, for nearly all possible reasons are horrible) to keep them in there to begin with, and so throwing them out wasn't an option.
Ask not!
Ask!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33694 on: March 13, 2014, 04:57:37 pm »

Eh, fair enough. I mostly figured Dutchling had some reason (which shan't be speculated on, for nearly all possible reasons are horrible) to keep them in there to begin with, and so throwing them out wasn't an option.
I think he meant to throw the alarm out the window, not necessarily the hookers.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33695 on: March 13, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »

Hrm... maybe after wrapping the alarm in blankets. Otherwise it's just going to be outside and beeping obnoxiously and probably pissing off the neighbors, too.

But then you'd probably be getting the blankets dirty. Best to take the tauntaun route.
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33696 on: March 13, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »

Let's forget about the hookers-if we can, at this stage of the discussion-The simplest solution involves a hammer. And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.

Also, Re adblock.
I don't have it. I just think that if what I'm on is funded by ads, what happens when they realise no one can watch the ads?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:12:57 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33697 on: March 13, 2014, 05:15:15 pm »

Let's forget about the hookers-if we can, at this stage of the discussion-The simplest solution involves a hammer. And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.

Also, Re adblock.
I don't have it. I just think that if what I'm on is funded by ads, what happens when they realise no one can watch the ads?

Don't be silly, hooker bombs are the best solution to every problem.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33698 on: March 13, 2014, 05:15:16 pm »

And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.
Dubious.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33699 on: March 13, 2014, 05:18:31 pm »

What the actual shit. Why is this even a thing. Evidently, the difference between quotation mark glyphs and some programs' habit of swapping one out for the other on the fly caused an error in something a buddy was coding (she is, understandably, even more infuriated than I am). One was expected, the other not, and it caused a profoundly unhelpful "Unknown error".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33700 on: March 13, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »

This keeps showing up in the 'show new replies' page even though no new posts have been made since I had last seen it.

Also, I had to help my step-dad with work around the house today.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33701 on: March 13, 2014, 05:22:19 pm »

And is much more satisfying than hooker bombs being thrown onto unsuspecting pedestrians on the streets below.
Dubious.

Also, Re adblock.

Don't be silly, hooker bombs are the best solution to every problem.

I believe I just learned a valuable lesson about the nature of the people on Bay12. They say, stuff alarm in flesh pocket! I say, No! Let's throw the alarm out the window! They say, Yes, inside flesh pockets! I say, let's forget the flesh pockets! Use a hammer.

They are annoyed by the lack of hooker bombs in my solution.

Well, I'm a member of Bay12, and I most certainly can't beat 'em.

So, Dutchling, Bay12 has spoken! For maximum fun, use a combination of hooker, alarm and window.

May whatever deities that exist protect us from our inherent evilness.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shobak

• Bay Watcher
  • May be slightly unhinged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33702 on: March 13, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »

Dubious.
Well, if any pedestrians are still alive or unharmed he can still throw his hammer at them. Or, even better (or worse?), use the hammer to nail the alarm to their bodies.

Nah, the hookers are already dead and decaying. It won't hurt anyone to turn them into bombs and throw them out of the window - except for the pedestrians. But then they might get hurt even if he throws only the alarm out of the window.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33703 on: March 13, 2014, 05:37:02 pm »

Dubious.
Well, if any pedestrians are still alive or unharmed he can still throw his hammer at them. Or, even better (or worse?), use the hammer to nail the alarm to their bodies.

Nah, the hookers are already dead and decaying. It won't hurt anyone to turn them into bombs and throw them out of the window - except for the pedestrians. But then they might get hurt even if he throws only the alarm out of the window.
Yeah, it's not our fault people are so easily hurt by exploding hookers.

Y'know, prior to coming to Bay12 i never thought i would type that sentence.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33704 on: March 13, 2014, 05:39:15 pm »

Well, if you replace only the breast implants with smoke detectors, and throw the severed breast out the window, that will probably not kill anyone it lands on because it's lightweight and squishy. And it will still scare the crap out of whoever finds it, so that's a bonus.

...Why in gods name are we talking about this, again?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2245 2246 [2247] 2248 2249 ... 3345