Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2254 2255 [2256] 2257 2258 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381899 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33826 on: March 16, 2014, 04:23:20 pm »

It's frustrating when you don't feel properly equipped to succeed.
May I cheer you up?
How the hell do you know to find these things?  ???
Weird friends and appalingly low standards.

Also, I already posted that thing a couple days ago :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33827 on: March 17, 2014, 02:08:53 am »

There might be a rather large rant coming later. Just a warning.

For now, I'm fucking furious about the fact that someone accused me of being anti-LGBT because I said that  I think that a vocal minority of activists don't want bigotry to go away because they'd be out of a job.

The reason I say that is because you've got people who made careers out of it, People who have no other talents. People who went to COLLEGE to learn how to be an effective LGBT activist, and if they successfully eradicated bigotry they'd be out of a job. You've got fucking people who carve slurs into their arms (Sometimes using a mirror, so its in reverse. Orz) trying to make themselves out as a victim when they've never fucking faced bigotry. You've got entire fucking countries (all of them Muslim, just saying) that drag young gay men into the streets and hang them from construction cranes for public entertainment, and these people have nothing on them, so they act like they've suffered when they never have faced true bigotry. You've got people writing anti-homophobic letters on their tip receipts and claiming a customer gave it to them, and getting on national news before being exposed as a fake and then claiming 'i wanted to start a discussion' despite the fact its all about their fucking ego. You... I think I made my point.

So anyway, apparently I'm Anti-LGBT despite the fact that my girlfriend is a pre-transition woman (MTF, although it doesn't mater to me).  Despite the fact that I have three moms (mom came out as lesbian after her and dad didn't work out), I apparently hate lesbians.

I... Hate living on a planet where you can't fucking state an opinion without fucking being accused of shit that you aren't.

Next person who accuses me of that is getting stabbed.

EDIT: I should have clarified... The person who accused me of Bigotry is a gay friend of mine. I was the first person he came out to, so its infuriating that he'd say something like that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:04:43 am by Foamybeard »
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33828 on: March 17, 2014, 02:43:57 am »

I don't think your anti-queer, but I don't think that said activists are trying to perpetuate bigotry to keep themselves in business.

I think it's more that they just haven't thought about what they'd do after they win (I wouldn't blame them, it's a heady thing to think about), or they... don't think they'll ever win? They see it as a never ending battle, or at least that it'll end after they're dead.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33829 on: March 17, 2014, 02:53:06 am »

I don't think your anti-queer, but I don't think that said activists are trying to perpetuate bigotry to keep themselves in business.

I think it's more that they just haven't thought about what they'd do after they win (I wouldn't blame them, it's a heady thing to think about), or they... don't think they'll ever win? They see it as a never ending battle, or at least that it'll end after they're dead.

Not trying to perpetuate, but you've got people facing things happening for them and then claiming they did it to bring attention to it, when it isn't happening.

And no, Bigotry will never go away. But it will eventually become so frowned on that it won't be worth chasing the bigots around. Live and let live... let the miserable bastards be miserable.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33830 on: March 17, 2014, 02:54:03 am »

Edit: -- I don't like the tone I took in this post. I should probably get some sleep .____. --
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:56:57 am by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33831 on: March 17, 2014, 02:56:19 am »

So anyway, apparently I'm Anti-LGBT despite the fact that my girlfriend is a pre-transition woman (MTF, although it doesn't mater to me).  Despite the fact that I have three moms (mom came out as lesbian after her and dad didn't work out), I apparently hate lesbians.
None of that actually matters to whether or not you can hold a problematic view. And yes, you will be accused of things if you bring up problematic opinions. People are accused of things all the time. The way to work through them is not to get righteously indignant about your credentials, but to work through it with discussion. People do not know your situation beforehand, and people will react to things that sound like anti-LGBT propaganda with equal measure. If you want to have discussions about these things, you automatically have to start your conversations from where you are coming from, and not feel threatened the moment anyone dares to question you about it.

The better answer to it is a calm and collected "no, I am not, and here is why:", and not the desire to be violent on this person.

I did explain calmly, but Its the inner rage, you know? And sadly, the person who accused me of it was a 'friend' of mine who came out to me first because he knows I'm a legit guy.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33832 on: March 17, 2014, 02:58:13 am »

None of that actually matters to whether or not you can hold a problematic view. And yes, you will be accused of things if you bring up problematic opinions. People are accused of things all the time. The way to work through them is not to get righteously indignant about your credentials, but to work through it with discussion. People do not know your situation beforehand, and people will react to things that sound like anti-LGBT propaganda with equal measure. If you want to have discussions about these things, you automatically have to start your conversations from where you are coming from, and not feel threatened the moment anyone dares to question you about it.

The better answer to it is a calm and collected "no, I am not, and here is why:", and not the desire to be violent on this person.

I did explain calmly, but Its the inner rage, you know? And sadly, the person who accused me of it was a 'friend' of mine who came out to me first because he knows I'm a legit guy.
I already editted it out because I felt like I was too harsh, and now, yeah, that sounds like a different situation than what I initially though. Sorry.

Hope that goes better for you with this friend in the future, they should know better :/
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33833 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:30 am »

I already editted it out because I felt like I was too harsh, and now, yeah, that sounds like a different situation than what I initially though. Sorry.

Hope that goes better for you with this friend in the future, they should know better :/

Its alright, buddy. ^^ Violence is wrong unless in self defense, or in the defense of others.

And yeah, they really should... Gets me so... Mad. >:(

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33834 on: March 17, 2014, 03:13:36 am »

Now you're just Putin words in my mouth
I'm Vlad that bay12 loves its puns.
Well, missing out on an opportunity like that would be Crimeanal.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33835 on: March 17, 2014, 07:25:26 am »

Despite the fact that I have three moms

Huh? How does it work? Two, yeah, nothing strange here. But three? Is your mother polygamous or something as well?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33836 on: March 17, 2014, 07:28:38 am »

Huh? How does it work? Two, yeah, nothing strange here. But three? Is your mother polygamous or something as well?
one bio-mom and two step-moms.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33837 on: March 17, 2014, 07:29:47 am »

one bio-mom and two step-moms.

Derp. Right. His father.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #33838 on: March 17, 2014, 09:10:51 am »

"Dude its just a bridge" ~the entire volume of literary criticism necessary for Hart Crane's "The Bridge"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33839 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:53 am »

*stuff*
Just one point to make:

I don't know what triggered all that. I'd just like to warn that you should never dismiss anything because "someone else has it worse." Magnitude of suffering is pretty much only relevant if you're performing some sort of triage; you'll help the one in greater pain first. If triage isn't relevant, someone being hurt is still being hurt, regardless of how small it might seem compared to someone else.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2254 2255 [2256] 2257 2258 ... 3345