Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2257 2258 [2259] 2260 2261 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383343 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33870 on: March 17, 2014, 11:09:18 am »

Not listening to anybody who tries to convince me of anything by telling me to fuck off.
To be fair, Tack is right. If it's simply a matter of pride, how about:

Please start a new religious thread if you want to continue this conversation?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33871 on: March 17, 2014, 11:10:24 am »

"Hey guys, can I join the Bridge Club? I uh, don't actually play bridge, but still. Hey, why don't we all play some Monopoly instead?"

:P

"Hey, why don't we all play some Monopoly instead?"

Monopoly

It's like you hate friendliness and civility. You think this thread is filled with angry people now?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #33872 on: March 17, 2014, 11:11:45 am »

Guys, right now things are going smoothly. This is a debate, and there are no flamethrowers involved. Unfortunately, we can't really guarantee that it'll stay that way, as the forum doesn't have the greatest track record with this topic. If the discussion moves to the convenient new thread, the rage thread will be uncluttered, and if the thread gets locked it's no big deal.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33873 on: March 17, 2014, 11:14:46 am »

And thus, the Third World War began, as all the most powerful rulers of the various nations of Earth gathered together for a friendly game of Monopoly: International Edition.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33874 on: March 17, 2014, 11:16:35 am »

-snip-
B12 is a massive cultural melting pot, but the majority is still opinionated intellectuals.
Make the point softly, you get rolled over- make the point bluntly, and you get criticized.
With how easily incensed people are by that topic, ensuring I was the criticized party was two birds, one stone.
Luckily it's also at the top of a 25-post page.

However, the biggest issue isn't the people discussing it currently, but the people who'll click 'new replies' and see that they were quoted.
Therefore by making my point in a 'vicious, in your face way', I have created a solid pointer to where the discussion ends. People will definitely post about it after this, and just like the lingering ashes of a wildfire, it can start a new one all too easily. Thankfully, most of you who have seen the above rebuke will have a reason to ignore your innate sense of tact and drop the discussion when you are inevitably quoted by those people.
Theoretically, you have all been backburned.

Of course, that's always in theory, because there's ultimately going to be the one or two who says 'I'm going to respond to your aggression by stubbornly pursuing the flammable topic'.
But there's no real perfect solution, so I just had to roll with the percentages.

This is also why I should never rule a country.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #33875 on: March 17, 2014, 11:16:58 am »

And thus, the Third World War began, as all the most powerful rulers of the various nations of Earth gathered together for a friendly game of Monopoly: International Edition.
I call dibs on the ship.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33876 on: March 17, 2014, 11:17:09 am »

Not listening to anybody who tries to convince me of anything by telling me to fuck off.

So. You would change the basic doctrine of millions of people? You would "Reform" something which is divinely (Supposedly) sent.
You don't understand. Changing scripture is doubting God. A proper, homosexual christian would not try to do that. It is not a matter of discrimination. It is a matter of religion. To deny that religion their (NON HARMING) views on admittance, is discrimination.

You have no justification for any of this besides dogma. Not everyone shares this view on changing religion. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of people support changing it in some ways. If they don't then they're hypocrites - every single branch of Christianity practiced today is a result of countless changes in how the religion is practiced.

Some people realize that the Bible is not the literal divine word of God. Some people believe that it was divinely inspired, but that the people who wrote it originally included their own biases. These people believe that removing the result of this human bigotry brings Christianity closer to God's unconditional love.
I have a few things to say on that, and all theologically based. I have calmed down by now, thankfully.

But, as I said before, I agree with Tack. Despite his non-diplomatic approach.

On the subject of monopoly, I really dislike all the branch off monopoly games. If you wanna play monopoly, play the original!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33877 on: March 17, 2014, 11:18:23 am »

This isn't hyperbole. Those of you with access to time travel know that it's actually how it happens. Trying to erase Monopoly from history is as taboo as erasing Hitler, and for the same reasons.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33878 on: March 17, 2014, 11:19:33 am »

I call dibs on the ship.

Just so long as you gather up a breeding pair of every animal before flying it to the relative safety of Mars.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33879 on: March 17, 2014, 11:20:01 am »

I call dibs on the ship.
Thimble.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33880 on: March 17, 2014, 11:30:14 am »

I call dibs on the ship.
Thimble.
Dog.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33881 on: March 17, 2014, 11:38:46 am »

I call dibs on the ship.
Thimble.
Dog.
Shoe.

That's one of them, right?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33882 on: March 17, 2014, 11:57:33 am »

* Descan cries into his whiskey and plays some Settlers of Catan all alone ;---;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33883 on: March 17, 2014, 11:59:14 am »

Man... imagine Monopoly as a drinking game.
"Oh, that's how many hotels? ...We're gonna need more shot glasses."
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33884 on: March 17, 2014, 12:04:20 pm »

That'd be an efficient way of finding out what all your friends would be like as angry drunks.
Pages: 1 ... 2257 2258 [2259] 2260 2261 ... 3345