Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2261 2262 [2263] 2264 2265 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381568 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #33930 on: March 18, 2014, 06:39:51 pm »

Both my parents are very good writers. I don't let them near my writing. I think I mentioned here that I dabbled in poetry? My mother is very good at it. Had one of hers posted in the newspaper when she was 12. So I understand not wanting to let them look through it. Every time mum sees mine, I get torn apart- thankfully, my gullible father is always impressed  :P

As for school work, I don't need it. No point letting someone do your work. Do it, if you fail you fix, do it again. No shortcut, unfortunately.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33931 on: March 18, 2014, 06:43:41 pm »

I dunno, I'd fight for your right to fail on your own BF. And I'd put it in exactly those terms to them. Throughout life, one thing that has always served me well is being prepared to take responsibility for my own failures. School is the perfect time to do that. If your mother puts up a fight, just tell her "Look, if I only made it through school with good grades because of your help, how do you think I'm going to fare out on my own?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33932 on: March 18, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »

I dunno, I'd fight for your right to fail on your own BF. And I'd put it in exactly those terms to them. Throughout life, one thing that has always served me well is being prepared to take responsibility for my own failures. School is the perfect time to do that. If your mother puts up a fight, just tell her "Look, if I only made it through school with good grades because of your help, how do you think I'm going to fare out on my own?"

+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33933 on: March 18, 2014, 06:53:58 pm »

If I was actually able to argue, I would. But my mom seems to believe that she owns me, and has said that everything I do is a reflection of her, and that everything I will ever own or accomplish is actually hers.

I'm sure as hell never going to be able to do well on my own. She's never made much of any attempt to teach me anything, other than how to do the dishes and how to turn the washer and dryer on. I can't even cook, and my social skills are very poor.

I don't understand her, honestly. I get the feeling she's trying to mold me into the person she wants to be and failing at it. Either that or to make me dependent on her so that she'll always have someone around.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33934 on: March 18, 2014, 06:55:56 pm »

Well, there comes a time in every kid's life when they have to make the choice: yield or stand firm regardless of the consequences. Many kids do it over stupid, trivial reasons like dating, being a delinquent or others. At least you'd be doing it for the right to be your own person and do your own work.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33935 on: March 18, 2014, 06:58:26 pm »

Show up at her job secretly, do her work badly, use her PC to send hilarious emails.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33936 on: March 18, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »

If I was actually able to argue, I would. But my mom seems to believe that she owns me, and has said that everything I do is a reflection of her, and that everything I will ever own or accomplish is actually hers.

I'm sure as hell never going to be able to do well on my own. She's never made much of any attempt to teach me anything, other than how to do the dishes and how to turn the washer and dryer on. I can't even cook, and my social skills are very poor.

I don't understand her, honestly. I get the feeling she's trying to mold me into the person she wants to be and failing at it. Either that or to make me dependent on her so that she'll always have someone around.

make me dependent on her so that she'll always have someone around.

There you go. If you never leave, she'll always have authority over at least one person. If you have to depend on her, then she has power.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #33937 on: March 18, 2014, 07:13:36 pm »

Not to sound blunt, but did your mum "succeed" in life? If she didn't, then she may be trying to make you her sense of accomplishment. As in, you do something good and she says; "that's my son! My life was worth something!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33938 on: March 18, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »

Not to sound blunt, but did your mum "succeed" in life? If she didn't, then she may be trying to make you her sense of accomplishment. As in, you do something good and she says; "that's my son! My life was worth something!"

I'm not quite sure how I'd answer that.

I know she doesn't like her job or her co-worker, and that the job she had before-hand was better. But the company buckled or something, I don't quite remember.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #33939 on: March 18, 2014, 07:18:56 pm »

Forgot to sign up for AP Psych yesterday, looked at the site today.

ONLY AP Psych is finished. All the other ones still have seats left, but Psych doesn't. I'm ruined :/

What should I do? :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:17:43 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33940 on: March 18, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »

-snip-
History tells us that appeasement is usually followed by total war, something that is generally regarded as not desirable. If the situation you're in is unsustainable, resolve it as soon as possible, and accept the fallout as a necessary evil. It only becomes harder with time.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33941 on: March 18, 2014, 09:24:49 pm »

FUCK. My copy of Call of Pripyat isn't working. I keep getting a Xray engine crash upon startup. I've searched through various threads, and have done pretty much everything but re-installing the game. The reason I haven't is because it took me two days to download the dammed thing, and it was working fine last night. FUCK.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33942 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:01 pm »

Forgot to sign up for AP Psych yesterday, looked at the site today.

ONLY AP Psych is finished. All the other ones still have seats left, but Psych doesn't. I'm ruined :/

What should I do? :(
Is there a waitlist system? If not, *shrug* you will not go to space today.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33943 on: March 18, 2014, 11:07:54 pm »

YouTube took away the pause button on mobile devices.
First world problem, but still. The fuck. Why have a video thing if there's no pause button?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33944 on: March 18, 2014, 11:21:20 pm »

YouTube took away the pause button on mobile devices.
First world problem, but still. The fuck. Why have a video thing if there's no pause button?

I just tap the video and all the controls show up. Are you on iOS?

I have my own problem though, I can't turn off HD on videos or the entire app crashes near-instantly. Because when you're using dodgy wi-fi on a tablet, absolutely nothing can go wrong when you're forced to watch HD video 100% of the time! :D
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 2261 2262 [2263] 2264 2265 ... 3345