Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2293 2294 [2295] 2296 2297 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382387 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #34410 on: March 27, 2014, 05:49:21 pm »

Only turned 18 this month. I was merely stating how youthful I am.

And Northern Ireland.

Don't tell that means I'm Irish.

I will hurt you.

Badly.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34411 on: March 27, 2014, 05:51:47 pm »

And Northern Ireland.

I will hurt you.

Badly.

I don't think anyone would be as silly as to assume you are Irish.

Goblins have no nationalities.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34412 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »

And Northern Ireland.

I will hurt you.

Badly.

I don't think anyone would be as silly as to assume you are Irish.

Goblins have no nationalities.

:D

But yea, that does get on my nerves too, on a related vein. The Irish simply aren't what everyone seems to think they are. They have been very violent, and still have the utter gall to claim recompense. So very infuriating.

And I know you don't know me, but I still try to take the middle ground. But I swear, the whole Irish thing just angers me.

EDIT: Just so you know, if I were American I'd be southern. Confederate tendencies, too. I respect their back-bone.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:59:23 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34413 on: March 27, 2014, 06:01:27 pm »

This is the third time this week I've seen people talk about non-Irish people in Northern Ireland.

I'm starting to feel like I need to educate myself a little.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34414 on: March 27, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

You're a terrible racist, you stereotyping clod.

It's just like you British bastards to do that! Wretches, the lot of you!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34415 on: March 27, 2014, 06:07:11 pm »

Non Irish people in Northern Ireland?....

No one who lives in Northern Ireland are Irish, even the catholics (Though they would protest the fact). It was voted part of the united kingdom. We have British passports. The Queen is the Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

And I'm going to assume Descan is joking.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34416 on: March 27, 2014, 06:08:06 pm »

I mean culturally/ethnically tbh.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34417 on: March 27, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »

Oh, okay. Rightyoh. Ye olde lecture, coming up!

British plantation saw a land of tribes. No agriculture, no crops. Essentially savages. The British essentially brought civilization. Initially, the British treated the Irish badly, which is unforgivable. But the Irish never seemed to grasp the concept of future generations having nothing to do with the past.

They all hate the British. Or the Protestants in general. It is frequently heard in Catholic School (Which are essentially indoctrination camps-they must learn Irish, the teachers must be catholic, the pupils must be catholic, and they all get together to hate the British.) something along the lines of "The fing Brits! Gonna send a bomb down der and kill all de prods!" Or something equally inane. Now, I'm not a stupid person (Insert debate here!) But I don't get angry for the sake of my father being angry. I get angry because of actual offense.

Anyway, back to the main point. It is about fifty/fifty Catholic Protestant, with Protestant being the majority by a bit. Of course, a good number of the Catholics are decent. They respect other views. They dislike other catholics, even, but anyway. I'm talking about those that hate the British (Something they're bred to do). They are the bombers. The IRA incarnate (Yes, that group the Americans funded so they could blow up soldiers and "free" Northern Ireland from British rule - with a complete disregard for democracy, of course. But that's Americans for you. Anyway, we're all Northern Irish. We are not Irish. We are, in the case of a lot of catholics, part of the U.K....Protestants say part of Britain.

However, really, the only difference is education. Protestant schools welcome all religions. Catholic ones don't.

They're breeding a social division which needn't exist.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34418 on: March 27, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »

This lady made some games, educational and sad and maybe not so great as games, necessarily. But the history of Ireland sure is sad, and it makes me wonder how they got the stereotype of being lucky :/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34419 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »

I am probably wrong, but I always thought that Russians and Irish are brothers in suffering. The only difference is that the Irish were killed by the British, while we Russians killed ourselves.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34420 on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »

Poppy cock. The Irish, it is true, were made second class citizens. This was wrong. They fought, understandably, and that was fine. It ended in a free Ireland, one that had the right, county by county, whether to vote into Britain. They had what they wanted, right? Democracy! No. They now wanted to go against Democracy. They wanted an entirely "Free Ireland" which disregarded democracy. The IRA was up and running, bombing people, killing policemen, statesmen, hell, even royalty. The UVF began its initial glorious ascent (Which soured to crime and became just as bad as what they fought.) So, they became terrorists. The army, trained in fighting, came in. Rounds were released on them, these men pulled back from the front lines.

They get shot at, they damn well shoot back. Unfortunately, it wasn't thought through. "Innocent" bystanders were killed (Innocent in quotations as they harboured the shooters and tried to protect them) in the crossfire. The media did it thing. They gained the heady heights of martyrdom. So, the Irish chose to not fight democratically, but to use the gun and bomb. They killed people in their beds. Not one person I know hasn't lost someone to it. Police men shot in front of their children. A bus, where a catholic was being protected from what the Protestant's thought was a danger to him, was emptied, and the Protestant civilians systematically destroyed.

The bombs are under cars. In your schools. In your homes.

Blown up war memorials.

Flag desecration.

Beheadings.

Executions.

Gangs. Drugs. Hate crime. Politicians murdered.
Bloody hell, if this happened to an American it would be emblazoned across the world. If the Irish did this to the Americans, there would be no Ireland.

It doesn't make me angry, it makes my blood boil that the media has depicted these people as the "good guys". It makes me sick.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34421 on: March 27, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »

Of course, when the British say shit like "The Irish were savages without agriculture or civilization until we came along, the ungrateful brutes!", then you have a problem.

Seriously. Replace "Irish" with "Africans" or "Natives" and there's not much bloody difference.

And "Breeding social division where none exists", says the bloke who got angry at people for daring calling him Irish, like it was the same lines as calling you a disgusting bug. :I (Yes, I fake-mad at people calling Canadians Americans, but s'all in good fun. We're a small country, on the continent called North America, and we're very similar in a lot of ways while different in a lot of others. SOUND FAMILIAR, COUGH COUGH THE ISLAND IS CALLED IRELAND COUGH COUGH?)

I'm not saying -everything- there is a pack of chauvinistic lies, but seriously, a mindset like that? I wouldn't hesitant to call it "racist", if there was a similar specific term for cultural-racism. "Chauvinistic" isn't quite perfect.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:16:37 pm by Descan »
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34422 on: March 27, 2014, 07:17:04 pm »

Of course the British weren't free of error. No one is in these situations. But let's face it, they were just defending the lives, both catholic and protestant, of those who lived in Britain. Or the U.K., whatever. They slipped on the way, but these were trained soldiers fighting. They didn't like being shot at and acted rashly. They were fighting for a democratic right to be part of Britain. The IRA were fighting for a minority who didn't want to be in Britain.

And seriously Descan, that's just insulting me  :(

I'm going to assume you weren't joking earlier  :(

EDIT: Well, I get the distinct feeling that I shouldn't post anymore. Sorry for insulting you, or whatever I did there, Descan.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:26:46 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34423 on: March 27, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »

Earlier I was joking because I didn't think you seriously thought the Irish were savages. Now? Not so sure.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34424 on: March 27, 2014, 07:32:37 pm »

This has been one of the most stressful days I have had in a long time. I won't go into details, because it's private, but I was shocked and...taken aback, perhaps I'll say, at what you wrote of me.

Reread what I said. Maybe I am nothing more than a racist, but I'd think I'd know it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2293 2294 [2295] 2296 2297 ... 3345