Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383833 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Reflex Edition
« Reply #34440 on: March 28, 2014, 09:40:34 am »

Isn't car insurance mostly intended to pay for the damage you do to other people's cars?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34441 on: March 28, 2014, 09:42:20 am »

Yep. Then again, the state minimum insurance (which is what I'm getting,) is costing me $90/mo and doesn't really pay for much of anything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34442 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:50 am »

I pay 70 for double the protection required

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34443 on: March 28, 2014, 11:37:17 am »

Yep. Then again, the state minimum insurance (which is what I'm getting,) is costing me $90/mo and doesn't really pay for much of anything.
Then get one with a better value! Mandatory insurance may be annoying, but it sure as hell is necessary - just look at the US healthcare system (pre-Obama mostly, but even today) and its European counterparts.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34444 on: March 28, 2014, 12:05:55 pm »

I, uh, think with MZ the problem with that would be better value == bigger cost, with the 90/m already likely putting more strain on the budget than desirable.

Gods know I'm not looking forward to when family stops helping me out with that bit. 90 bucks a month is basically my entire food budget, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's more expensive in my area.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #34445 on: March 28, 2014, 12:10:21 pm »

I wasn't aware that I made correlations between Irish in general and the IRA? I think I did mention the catholic school children who are essentially indoctrinated, and that is true. They do say that type of stuff. "Bomb the brits,"  etc. I never said there was a connection between such talk and actually doing it. In fact, I even said that I knew catholics who weren't like that. I made a distinction. Of course, this being the Rage thread, I did show my anger. That's because I am angry. I'm not unreasonable, though. I understand the difference between a terrorist and a civilian. I know my culture has no right to be above any other culture. I just don't like it when my culture is attacked.

Of course, when the British say shit like "The Irish were savages without agriculture or civilization until we came along, the ungrateful brutes!", then you have a problem.

Seriously. Replace "Irish" with "Africans" or "Natives" and there's not much bloody difference.

And "Breeding social division where none exists", says the bloke who got angry at people for daring calling him Irish, like it was the same lines as calling you a disgusting bug. :I (Yes, I fake-mad at people calling Canadians Americans, but s'all in good fun. We're a small country, on the continent called North America, and we're very similar in a lot of ways while different in a lot of others. SOUND FAMILIAR, COUGH COUGH THE ISLAND IS CALLED IRELAND COUGH COUGH?)

I'm not saying -everything- there is a pack of chauvinistic lies, but seriously, a mindset like that? I wouldn't hesitant to call it "racist", if there was a similar specific term for cultural-racism. "Chauvinistic" isn't quite perfect.

One, I did say that the Irish weren't developed. That is brute fact. The British brought farming, industry and other trappings of a successful country. I never called anyone "Ungrateful brutes." I just said it for chronological order. I did not mention an opinion. In fact, shortly after that I said the Irish being persecuted after this (Or something along those lines) was wrong, and that there is no distinction made between historical violence and modern culture. Again, this is true. Who amongst you would say there is no bias against the British in terms of colonies and foreign acquisitions? The fact that Britain is different now is barely taken into consideration, at least here.

Two, I didn't get mad at being called Irish. I wasn't even called Irish by anyone. I said it in a half-joking way (The "Hurt you" bit) and in a serious way (Whereby I meant that I'm not Irish, but still a lot of people in other countries persist in saying I am, despite what I say. Perhaps personal experience honed my tone into something affronting. It wasn't intended to be. Think of the Canada/America thing. If someone rudely persisted in calling you American, despite numerous attempts to correct them, would you be happy?

Third, I don't like your tone. Regardless of personal opinion, don't talk to people like that. I wouldn't do it to you, please extend me the same courtesy.

And I see now that the whole "there are no Irish in Northern Ireland" thing could be seen as inflammatory, but really, what I meant was that we aren't Irish as a country. The country is technically defined as part of the U.K. But really, if that's the only thing I've said wrong, it is a small thing and not deserving of being called a racist. I'm the last person to be racist. I believe upon equality. Things should be determined on  character and merit, not religion, ethnicity or creed. No where did I say "Drive the Irish out!" My bone was with terminology, the IRA and education. Not people. Sounds like I didn't express this well, but it is the rage thread.

--------

On the subject of car insurance, I don't drive. Not until I have to actually buy a car for university. It just makes little sense to pay so much for something that would really only be for showing off.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34446 on: March 28, 2014, 12:12:14 pm »

Then get one with a better value! Mandatory insurance may be annoying, but it sure as hell is necessary - just look at the US healthcare system (pre-Obama mostly, but even today) and its European counterparts.
There is no better value available. Because I was a previously uninsured driver, my rates are going to be higher than they should. Also, I have no health insurance. It's too damned expensive, and if something goes wrong, I suffer through it. If I can't suffer through it, I make payments that I can't afford or die. That's what being poor in the US is like: the only people that give a shit can't help.

I, uh, think with MZ the problem with that would be better value == bigger cost, with the 90/m already likely putting more strain on the budget than desirable.
Yep.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34447 on: March 28, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »

GAH. Wind busted up my umbrella today, right before it started pouring rain. That is all. @_@

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34448 on: March 28, 2014, 02:01:35 pm »

GAH. Wind busted up my umbrella today, right before it started pouring rain. That is all. @_@
Buy a stronger umbrella, and you can fly!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34449 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:19 pm »

There is no better value available. Because I was a previously uninsured driver, my rates are going to be higher than they should. Also, I have no health insurance. It's too damned expensive, and if something goes wrong, I suffer through it. If I can't suffer through it, I make payments that I can't afford or die. That's what being poor in the US is like: the only people that give a shit can't help.

This. I'm sick right now, and if it turns for the worst (It won't, I'm young and I have a seriously healthy immune system) then I would have no choice but to... Suffer through it, and hope it wasn't something lethal. I could go to the doctor. Once. I can afford MAYBE a single doctor's visit, but anything more (You know, like the follow-up appointments where they actually fix what is wrong?) would be out of my reach. Thankfully, I'll have health insurance within the next year or so, because my boss is putting me on full time, but until then, I'm on my own.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34450 on: March 28, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »

One more reason to never move to USA...

I can never understand how these systems were made this way in the first place.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34451 on: March 28, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »

A week free from quickbooks, and now I'm back to it, hahaha!

Today's buggerup: For some reason or another, Quickbooks is now refusing to actually load (It otherwise crashes immediately on opening) unless I delete the user .ini file. I have to go back and delete it again any time I want to change company files. It is, of course, hidden in the local appdata junk instead of somewhere that makes the process non-troublesome.

Getting better at dealing with this piece of shit program, though! It only took like half an hour of support database trawling and metaphorically kicking the goddamn thing until it started working again. Still makes me want to feed the program's QA people to a wood chipper. Well. Maybe just part of them. The brain, maybe. They don't seem to have been using that.

E: And, of course, being introduced to new aspects of the program continues to make me want to grab someone by the throat and shake them until they explain why no fucking aspect of this goddamn UI is consistent.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:49:53 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34452 on: March 28, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

Having to make another goddamn account (with square enix, this time) so I can actually play the game I purchased. Another company with some of my details to send me spam. Another password to remember. I'd missed that on the steam page, so it's my own fault, I suppose, but irritating none-the-less.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34453 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:01 pm »

Somehow managed to lose the key to my dorm on the last night of the semester. Luckily, my suite-mates door was unlocked.

Not really a rage, more a mixture of mild amusement and annoyance, but there isn't really a proper thread.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34454 on: March 28, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »

My kindle seems to have died. The screen is blank, and when i plug it in to charge the orange lights comes on for a couple of seconds then goes off again.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 ... 3345