Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382347 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34755 on: April 07, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »

New heatsink finally got here. Only took 10 days, weekends included. I guess now FedEx passes stuff off to the local USPS to deliver. I think the only thing that got me through having no computer was the entirety of Game of Thrones on HBO Demand, and about 5 books.

Had to rip the whole motherboard out since the heat sink has one of those back-plate fasterners. Which turned this from a normal hardware swap to, in a way, a rebuild. And, lucky me, the heat sink shipped with no thermal paste, either in a tube or pre-applied. Thanks, dicks, because that's something you can find laying around.

After ~3 hours of swapping jumpers around trying to remember the right configuration to make the lights go blinky-blinky, forgetting to plug in power connectors, swinging between despair and wild hope, and giving myself about 3 mini-heart attacks, it works. So, you know, your average rebuild.

I'm now backing up my files and it hasn't seized on me, so it looks like my processor is ok. I'll only really know after I beat the shit out of it playing some games, but knowing that my stuff is backed up on two drives makes me feel a lot better.

Also, thanks for being chill amongst yourselves while I opted not to try and read the forums on a phone for a week.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34756 on: April 07, 2014, 07:25:11 pm »

Lost four potential hours of work today on my assignment when my step-dad made me work with his employee to clean up the storage unit again and move stuff from the garage into it. After that was sorted, he made us clean the yard.

I would have been fine with it, if he wasn't a shitty boss. At one point he grabbed a leaf-blower and started blowing dust at us, and blowing the leaves we were trying to collect away from us.

Then when we got back in I found out that he had left the stove on, with dinner still on it. So I had burnt spaghetti for dinner.

If I had those four hours back maybe I would have been able to solve my sixty cent deficit I have right now in the assignment.

E: Fixed it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:50:00 pm by BlackFlyme »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34757 on: April 08, 2014, 03:50:30 am »

Lost four potential hours of work today on my assignment when my step-dad made me work with his employee to clean up the storage unit again and move stuff from the garage into it. After that was sorted, he made us clean the yard.

I would have been fine with it, if he wasn't a shitty boss. At one point he grabbed a leaf-blower and started blowing dust at us, and blowing the leaves we were trying to collect away from us.

Then when we got back in I found out that he had left the stove on, with dinner still on it. So I had burnt spaghetti for dinner.

If I had those four hours back maybe I would have been able to solve my sixty cent deficit I have right now in the assignment.

...wow.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34758 on: April 08, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »

Bad day today. Woke up, booted DF to find the fort I've been played for a week or so has been lost to savefile corruption. Every other game I played this morning tried to screw me in the ass somehow. Couldn't bring my netbook to work because of rain. At work, people kept sending me to do stupid shit while they tried to do my job for me(badly). My crush had dropped possible hints that she wanted me to meet her in the computer lab in the library, which I couldn't because I did not have time, and she was probable studying for her finals, which I didn't want to disturb. Bus was 10 minutes late, and the driver waited at a stop for 5 for no goddamn reason.

...wow.
It's official, BlackFlyme's parents are worse than mine. I wish there was some business or service were you could hire a midget to bash someone's face with a baseball bat and then tell them what a piece of crap they were.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34759 on: April 08, 2014, 02:21:14 pm »

Objectively speaking, I think your parents are still worse Akura.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34760 on: April 08, 2014, 02:30:00 pm »

It's official, BlackFlyme's parents are worse than mine. I wish there was some business or service were you could hire a midget to bash someone's face with a baseball bat and then tell them what a piece of crap they were.

I'm no midget but I totally wish I could make that my actual job. I'd be so good at it.

... For the low low price of $450 a person? Nailbat deluxe service for $50 extra?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34761 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »

There's only one explanation for that: Your town is an SCP.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34762 on: April 08, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »

Somehow, against my better judgement, today I ended up in a debate about evolution with a creationist. Said individual has no idea what they are on about, rolling the big bang, evolution and quantum physics into one big mess, then when called on it starts citing modern scientific advances in evolutionary biology as evidence for spontaneous creation twinned with the usual shit "why are there still monkeys?" arguments. I refuse to continue the discussion, informing them that I can not debate or discuss something with someone so ill informed and scientifically illiterate, and am met with the usual "scared of the truth you heathen?" style shit from them. Seriously, if you deny well established scientific principles, you should not be allowed any of the advantages of them - the internet, modern medicine, electricity, the lot.
This is a blank sig.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34763 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:28 pm »

Well he's not going to inform himself, you know.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34764 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

Unless the arguer is so attached to their [predisposed] argument that they outright make up reasons why its believable to themselves..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34765 on: April 08, 2014, 03:26:17 pm »

Unless the arguer is so attached to their [predisposed] argument that they outright make up reasons why its believable to themselves..

This. So much this.
This is a blank sig.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #34766 on: April 08, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure I get why the topic name changed suddenly. And Ill say it's certainly a source of rage for me today. Won't go into details as I think it's against the topics own rules.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34767 on: April 08, 2014, 04:29:35 pm »

In truth, Monkeyhead's post is what motivated me to change it. Just seemed like a theme that was running today.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34768 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »

Maybe we should go meta and boycott him.

That would be silly. Likely once again against rules like olga said but funny.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34769 on: April 08, 2014, 04:33:16 pm »

Maybe we should go meta and boycott him.

That would be silly. Likely once again against rules like olga said but funny.

Isn't that kinda what an ignore button is already? Boycotting someone you don't like to listen to or read from?

It just doesn't have the same social impact because no one knows you're doing it. Which, maybe, is a more drama free way to approach boycotts to begin with.
Pages: 1 ... 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 ... 3345