Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2319 2320 [2321] 2322 2323 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383562 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #34800 on: April 08, 2014, 07:05:51 pm »

"Nuh-uh, muh sexualization double standard."
I find muscular guys gross and feel agiated when somebody tries to tell me this is my power fantasy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh-la-la, madam, would you like to come see my... hat collection?
"My closet is absolutely magical~"  :P

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34801 on: April 08, 2014, 07:06:24 pm »

I find muscular guys gross and feel agiated when somebody tries to tell me this is my power fantasy.
Oh-la-la, madam, would you like to come see my... hat collection?
"My closet is absolutely magical~"  :P

What happened to being attracted to a happy medium and desiring the same for yourself? I mean, I get that this tripe is supposed to be fantasy, but people actually buy into it as a realistic expectation.
Do you dare to enter my... magical wardrobe?
Sorry, I had to...

About prefered stereotypes, how do feminist explain those guys who like pettanko?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34802 on: April 08, 2014, 07:10:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure the popular explanation is "closet pedophiles", I've also have heard the "you actually like guys" on occasion.
In general, not feminist specific.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:14:43 pm by Mindmaker »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34803 on: April 08, 2014, 07:15:57 pm »

... I don't think most feminists really try to explain physical preference all that much. Cultural stereotypes and media bullshit is an issue and a problem, but personal tastes are still a fairly untroubled thing. Mind you, where the line between the two is, exactly, is a different question but the average feminist I've ran into is more concerned about unhealthy physical image (See: Media.) than any preference one sort of bosom or another.

Still, there's plenty of reasons, ranging from mildly creepy (YOUTH!) to fairly blasé (simple aesthetic preference with no underlying cause, attraction to other secondary or primary sexual characteristics, omnipreference of varying degrees). Liking the curves doesn't mean you dislike the straightaway, or really care which road you're motoring down. Maybe you're concerned more about where you park, I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34804 on: April 08, 2014, 07:23:52 pm »

Not Wizzard hats?
It's a kind of wizard. My favourite one.

@Frumple:
Which is why I added "in general".
Though if you are speaking of "feminists" I usually don't think of the quiet university feminist, publishing papers containing well thought out arguments (since those are rarely meant when saying "feminist"), but the loud, obnoxious one that can easily be included in the general populace as another agenda pushing group.
In which case it may still apply I guess.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:29:40 pm by Mindmaker »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #34805 on: April 08, 2014, 07:25:55 pm »

Funny this general concept came up.

So anyway, my standpoint on the matter is this:

I'm an advocate for women's "rights"-- that is, smashing the gender gaps. However, this also means I am annoyed at how men like myself have this horrible tendency to go for "macho" jobs like military service and construction, and this somehow bugs me more. Similarly, the Selective Service act is, as I see it, sexism by the government. However, what also annoys me is how whenever anything vaguely related to women's rights comes about, i.e. "First Female CEO of So-And-So Company" or "First Female Mayor of So-And-So City", the media makes a massive deal out of it-- news articles for two weeks straight, promises of how they'll "do better" than their male predecessors, etc. etc. Other than that, I find oversexualization of both genders insulting. Nobody normal has those muscles or those curves.

On a side note, I'm all for the use of "man" like this (look three paragraphs into the etymology section).

Sorry if this somehow seems insulting or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34806 on: April 08, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »

Women still get paid less than men for the same job
No, they aren't. The "wage gap" comes from men being more likely to have higher paying jobs. Besides, if they could pay women less for doing the same job as men, why would they hire men in the first place?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34807 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:15 pm »

Besides, if they could pay women less for doing the same job as men, why would they hire men in the first place?
That's probably the best argument on any topic I've heard this week.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34808 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:08 pm »

Besides, if they could pay women less for doing the same job as men, why would they hire men in the first place?
That's probably the best argument on any topic I've heard this week.

Are you serious?
Love, scriver~

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34809 on: April 08, 2014, 08:01:31 pm »

Women still get paid less than men for the same job
No, they aren't. The "wage gap" comes from them doing different jobs. Besides, if they could pay women less for doing the same job as men, why would they hire men in the first place?
But they just found the perfect solution for wage gap! Setting minimum quotas for woman in middle and upper management positions so that those woman who have served longest in the company and have the best education and qualifications (and thus, highest wages) are promoted is the best way to narrow down the wage gap between those left behind. I'm so glad feminist have come up with this great idea...

Seriously, I doubt there is anyone here on B12 who doesn't support equality in all parts of society more than your average voter, but a lot of people claiming to speak in the name of "feminism" today are not doing that.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34810 on: April 08, 2014, 08:18:26 pm »

So uh, what's the status of the last B12 Feminism Thread? Locked? Still open? 4th iteration?

Might be time to move this over to there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34811 on: April 08, 2014, 08:19:38 pm »

Yeah, just don't allow Max and Vector on the same page :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34812 on: April 08, 2014, 08:27:57 pm »

I'm alright with quotas, actually. I just see them in a certain light, i.e. a prevention from some asshole hiring manager to just hire all men, and ignore the women. :v

Frankly, I've seen a whole lot of people whining about how it's reverse sexism and "It's about merit, not genitals!", and not many numbers of how many guys actually lose out on a job to someone demonstrably inferior based on their sex. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34813 on: April 08, 2014, 09:40:22 pm »

I wish there was some business or service were you could hire a midget to bash someone's face with a baseball bat and then tell them what a piece of crap they were.
I should start this business. [/slowpoke]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34814 on: April 08, 2014, 09:45:33 pm »

I got a great idea! Me and MZ start the business and I club people with him!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 2319 2320 [2321] 2322 2323 ... 3345