Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382748 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #35100 on: April 16, 2014, 01:36:22 am »

It's 40 degrees here, Or 104 faremhiggits, and summer is only just beginning. Yay.
Also I can't afford an air conditioner.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35101 on: April 16, 2014, 03:42:45 am »

It's 40 degrees here, Or 104 faremhiggits, and summer is only just beginning. Yay.
Also I can't afford an air conditioner.

Jeez, how can you live in that climate? My comfort zone ends at 25 degrees, anything above is NOPETOOHOT.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35102 on: April 16, 2014, 05:32:40 am »

The neighbour's cooking smells really delicious and it's making me crave pizza for some reason. :-\

EDIT: RAAAAAAAAAAGH it makes me so fucking angry when a takeaway restaurant doesn't have prices on their online menu. >:(
I'm never eating Domino's again. Let's see how many other pizza places make the same mistake before I find one which knows what the hell they're doing.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:39:09 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35103 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:53 am »

I'm never eating Domino's again.

Good. Plastic isn't that nutritious.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #35104 on: April 16, 2014, 09:44:47 am »

*playing XCOM again*

Okay, so we're extracting this UN guy, right? Okay, let's send in the best team...

*everything goes flawlessly*

Huzzah! I even caught some thin men! Let's-

*UN guy is killed instantly by an exploding car, Russia is angry and no thin men are retrieved*

GOSHDANGIT. It's lucky I had some spare satellites lying around, because something could've gone horribly wrong if I hadn't.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35108 on: April 16, 2014, 03:59:33 pm »

I remember seeing photos an American tourist was lucky to smuggle out of China after visiting a certain special square, where protestors threw fliers into the air and were subsequently taken by police into a police van.
I don't think their odds are good.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35109 on: April 16, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »

I remember seeing photos an American tourist was lucky to smuggle out of China after visiting a certain special square, where protestors threw fliers into the air and were subsequently taken by police into a police van.
I don't think their odds are good.
PRC locks shit down tight at Tiananmen. The day before I was there (this would have been 2007), somebdy tried to firebomb the picture of Mao over the central gate (so I heard). The square was cleared, a cleanup crew was brought in, and two hours later you could barely tell anything had happened, except for a few trace scorch marks on the gate itself.

I was taking photos (partly so I could blow them up later and see if the scorch marks were discernible), when one of the PSB uniformed guards got into an argument of some kind with an old lady. I was trying to take a picture OVER them, because they were right in my shot, but they obviously misunderstood and the next thing I know I'm being yelled at to put away my camera, "No photos! No photos!" even as thousands of people around me are snapping away...

Then the old lady came up to me a few minutes later and starts cursing me out (my Mandarin wasn't good enough to tell exactly why, but I gather it was along the lines of "you could have gotten me arrested!").

As far as the Florida State thing....as soon as that story seemed to die down abruptly given that the Seminoles were in contention for a national title, I smelled something fishy about that. I don't doubt for one second that Tallahassee's "finest" would look the other way if it meant possibly costing FSU a national title. That's a LOT of money on the line. The interesting bit will be if anyone investigates the investigation and looks to see if this was individual incompetence/reluctance or if boosters got involved.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35110 on: April 16, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »

So everything.
Gratuitous heat, massive amounts of drugs, and plenty of poor people*. It's a wonder Florida hasn't exploded in a massive drug fueled centenarian hobo blood-orgy.

*Remember: Florida has something like the forth highest GDP by state (GSP, whatever.), but around the lower 30s for per capita GSP.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35111 on: April 16, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »

So everything.
Gratuitous heat, massive amounts of drugs, and plenty of poor people*. It's a wonder Florida hasn't exploded in a massive drug fueled centenarian hobo blood-orgy.

*Remember: Florida has something like the forth highest GDP by state (GSP, whatever.), but around the lower 30s for per capita GSP.

That's because it's where old people go to die.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35112 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:06 pm »

So everything.
"When Jewish Meth Grannies Attack"?

You also forgot the extremely permissive "stand your ground" gun laws.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35113 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

One would think one would need as much judiciary support to defend one's self from jewish meth grannies as possible.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35114 on: April 16, 2014, 04:50:20 pm »

One would think one would need as much judiciary support to defend one's self from jewish meth grannies as possible.
Firearms are kind of overkill though. Just kick their walkers away.

Although I suppose the ones driving the little personal golf cart things could be trouble. Better let people carry bazookas.

Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 3345