Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2364 2365 [2366] 2367 2368 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381796 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS! Edition
« Reply #35475 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »

Well, that would be more understandable.

It doesn't help that half of our IT techs are actually kangaroos.

Actual rage: I CAN'T SLEEP URGH AND I NEED TO DO STUFF TOMORROW
Seriously, sometimes I wish I had some sort of sleep medication. Lying around awake for hours is total bullshit. This bug really needs to be patched out.
Read a book an hour before you sleep and avoid electronics like the plague. They overstimulate your brain and keep you awake.
This right here is great advice. I always read in bed. I probably read too much in bed, but it's not like my parents are able to complain about me reading too much.
Perhaps I'll have to get a reading lamp to set up over my bed.
I need better reading light in this house anyway... I read far too little these days, mainly due to not having any good places to read apart from sitting on the can.
Really good advice. Reading always helps me sleep, when I need to. I do it for maybe an hour or two, though a lo of the time I can't help myself and keep reading anyway.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #35476 on: April 22, 2014, 01:39:03 pm »

It's my understanding that Video Games are more expensive in AUS because of the hidden 'tax' of their censorship.

Developers have to strip out blood, etc. from their game just for that market, or face legal issues.

Bumped into this when Left4Dead 2 launched, and Steam decided the closest available server to me was in Australia; half my games lost enough blood for several heart transplants. (also, massive lag)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35477 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:10 pm »

Going to get a haircut yesterday. The original plan was to wait for my mom to come home, then she'd take me. My stepdad asks me if I instead want to go with his sister who was over at the time. Seeing as I had just walked in the door coming home from work, I didn't want to immediately go right back out, or ride with his near-psychotic sister who pries into everyone's business.

His reaction to that could be exaggerated as "WRONG ANSWER, ASSHOLE! YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR MOM MAKE TWO TRIPS?! ASSHOLE. YOU'RE GOING ANYWAY. ASSHOLE."

I also learned that my parents are getting there marriage license today. Aside from the fact I actually thought they were getting married, my psychotic step-aunt also revealed that my stepdad had already decided on everything for the "wedding", claiming he discussed it with my mom, despite that she was actually a little surprised by this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35478 on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:59 pm »

Jesus Dicking Christ Adobe, NOBODY WANTS MCAFEE.
NOT A SINGLE PERSON.
STOP ASKING ME IF I WANT IT OF COURSE I DON'T NOBODY DOES
UUUUUUUUUGH
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35479 on: April 22, 2014, 03:04:31 pm »

NOT A SINGLE PERSON.
UUUUUUUUUGH
GODDAMN MCAFEE
WHY DOES IT EXIST?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35480 on: April 22, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »

What's really interesting is making McAfee block all scripts and any attempts at connecting to the internet made by McAfee.

Watching McAfee strangle itself is enough entertainment for a couple of hours.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35481 on: April 22, 2014, 03:18:23 pm »

Even McAfee knows how bad McAfee is.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35482 on: April 22, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

NOT A SINGLE PERSON.
UUUUUUUUUGH
GODDAMN MCAFEE
WHY DOES IT EXIST?

You know how every house salesman would show you the most horrible and/or overpriced dump before showing you the place he actually wants to sell you? It's the same, with anti-viruses.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35483 on: April 22, 2014, 06:29:30 pm »

NOT A SINGLE PERSON.
UUUUUUUUUGH
GODDAMN MCAFEE
WHY DOES IT EXIST?

You know how every house salesman would show you the most horrible and/or overpriced dump before showing you the place he actually wants to sell you? It's the same, with anti-viruses.
...but then how do you fit Norton into that? ???
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35484 on: April 22, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »

It's not Highlander.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35485 on: April 22, 2014, 07:52:36 pm »

NOT A SINGLE PERSON.
UUUUUUUUUGH
GODDAMN MCAFEE
WHY DOES IT EXIST?
My computer came with McAfee. Removing it was annoying, but it was worth it. McAfee is a terrible antivirus, and the fact that it's a free trial makes things even worse.

Parents fighting again ::)
Seriously guys, could you please stop fighting about every little thing? Dad, that mom went to the hospital today with her son to accompany her because she felt horrible (turns out she has vertigo) doesn't mean you have no freedom or hope in this relationship. Mom, dad isn't a horrible person because he did [insert small nuisance here].

And don't even talk about separating. Not after all these years of 'Kids, divorce is horrible and evil. Never should it be done, for it is a great evil, unless the marriage vows were a lie.' In fact, that last part about 'marriage vows are a lie' wasn't there for most of my life. It only appeared a couple of years ago. Before that it was 'any separation is bad. No exceptions.'
:(
Parent problems, eh? That's not good. Hopefully they don't divorce; my parents divorced when I was really little, and I don't get to see my mom all that often. Of course, I have no idea what your relationship with your parents is, so it may be better/worse for you if it happens.

I recommend that you talk to them about it. Well, unless you think they would react poorly.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35486 on: April 22, 2014, 09:04:30 pm »

Tips for Unistalling McAfee

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some bad language,
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:07:48 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35487 on: April 22, 2014, 09:36:07 pm »

Parents fighting again ::)
Seriously guys, could you please stop fighting about every little thing? Dad, that mom went to the hospital today with her son to accompany her because she felt horrible (turns out she has vertigo) doesn't mean you have no freedom or hope in this relationship. Mom, dad isn't a horrible person because he did [insert small nuisance here].

And don't even talk about separating. Not after all these years of 'Kids, divorce is horrible and evil. Never should it be done, for it is a great evil, unless the marriage vows were a lie.' In fact, that last part about 'marriage vows are a lie' wasn't there for most of my life. It only appeared a couple of years ago. Before that it was 'any separation is bad. No exceptions.'

As a child of a (for me) early divorce, I look at this situation with interest. I was too young to really have an identity separate from my family. So I kinda wonder, what's worse? Being a little kid and having your bedrock erode without warning (well, there's warnings but you're too young to get it), or being older and watching the same thing happen at a slower pace.

Anyways, I don't know if I agree that divorce is always wrong. What I will say though, is it's a pretty fucked up deal for kids. You get handed a set of expectations at birth, a norm, that you grow up with to some age, before everything is flipped upside down and you're pretty much powerless to do anything about it.

Some of my friends who are older now are watching their parents go through divorce....and it's kinda like man, you have no idea how much worse it is when you don't have distance from it, literally or figuratively.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:40:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35488 on: April 22, 2014, 09:47:26 pm »

Now dad threw the ring down the toilet.

Dammit Frodo, that's not what we meant by Mount Doom!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35489 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »

Let's just hope a creepy Japanese girl doesn't crawl out of it...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 2364 2365 [2366] 2367 2368 ... 3345