Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2380 2381 [2382] 2383 2384 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382847 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: TMI Edition
« Reply #35715 on: April 27, 2014, 12:06:32 pm »

bullshit happened relating to my parents

as always, everything is my fault

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35716 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:33 pm »

I think I've killed close to 20 spiders in the last week. Haven't seen one in my bedroom yet, and I'm slowly pushing them out of the bathroom. But I found they've setup a new checkpoint by the bottom of the stairs. Trying to cut my supply lines, I expect.

I dun even want to know what the utility room looks like though. basically the only part of the downstairs that wasn't refinished. It's probably where their main base of operation is.

And I'll give it to them, they've got a diversified force. I think I've seen and killed at least 4 different species of them.

When summer hits its peak, if this keeps up, I'm calling an exterminator.
I'd be more afraid of what the spiders are eating. Spiders are predators, remember; they don't eat your food stores or insulation or whatever. Whatever they're hunting though...

Yeah, I'm curious what they think they're going to catch setting up shop in the basement. I don't have fly, gnat or other crawly problems here, just the spiders.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #35717 on: April 27, 2014, 02:09:34 pm »

Yeah, I'm curious what they think they're going to catch setting up shop in the basement. I don't have fly, gnat or other crawly problems here, just because of the spiders.
Fixed :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35718 on: April 27, 2014, 02:11:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm curious what they think they're going to catch setting up shop in the basement. I don't have fly, gnat or other crawly problems here, just because of the spiders.
Fixed :P

Either way, I'd take them over spiders.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35719 on: April 27, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »

But why?

Spiders don't buzz or shit all over your food and stuff, they don't make annoying sounds or taunt you by landing on the TV or your screen. The only thing they do is set up cobwebs, and those aren't too bad if you clean them off the most visible places with some regularity.

Seriously, spiders are the least annoying bug out there (even though they aren't bugs), everything else is either wierd/gross or just damn annoying with a few notable exceptions, most of which don't live anywhere near humans anyways.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35720 on: April 27, 2014, 02:21:26 pm »

But why?

Spiders don't buzz or shit all over your food and stuff, they don't make annoying sounds or taunt you by landing on the TV or your screen. The only thing they do is set up cobwebs, and those aren't too bad if you clean them off the most visible places with some regularity.

Seriously, spiders are the least annoying bug out there (even though they aren't bugs), everything else is either wierd/gross or just damn annoying with a few notable exceptions, most of which don't live anywhere near humans anyways.
It's all Hollywood's fault.
And/or the Spiders in your Tradegood Crate from history event.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35721 on: April 27, 2014, 03:00:31 pm »

But why?

Phobias don't actually need a good reason to exist, y'know. Also, most spiders are both poisonous and small, which is an unpleasant combination. Especially when every small black spider you see may be a black widow.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35722 on: April 27, 2014, 03:06:32 pm »

Phobias don't actually need a good reason to exist, y'know. Also, most spiders are both poisonous and small, which is an unpleasant combination. Especially when every small black spider you see may be a black widow.
Anything can be poisonous if you eat enough of it. :P

(The word you were looking for was venomous. Different.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35723 on: April 27, 2014, 03:09:09 pm »

Anything can be poisonous if you eat enough of it. :P

(The word you were looking for was venomous. Different.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35724 on: April 27, 2014, 03:15:48 pm »

Course the mistake they make at the end of the comic is that while the substance he is applying might not be poisonous, that doesn't mean it isn't a poison, "poison" being the catch-all term for any substance with the inherent property to destroy or impair health or life.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35725 on: April 27, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »

The style of that comic reminds me incredibly of the dude who did the stonemaker argument, did he start doing stuff again?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35726 on: April 27, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/1.html

He's been pretty consistently making WoW comics for a while now, to my knowledge.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35727 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:51 pm »

Getting hunger back from my illness.

Eating is impossible because it both is stil highly painful to swallow and even trying to eat makes me feel nauseous.

This could be said to suck.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35728 on: April 27, 2014, 06:27:11 pm »

Getting hunger back from my illness.

Eating is impossible because it both is stil highly painful to swallow and even trying to eat makes me feel nauseous.

This could be said to suck.
What my doctor told me about eating whilst afflicted with tonsillitis:
No hot foods, only cold. Avoid anything crunchy or solid that can irritate your throat, especially during the first day or so of antibiotics. Gargle with water mixed with aspirin to help numb the pain.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35729 on: April 27, 2014, 07:15:24 pm »

Course the mistake they make at the end of the comic is that while the substance he is applying might not be poisonous, that doesn't mean it isn't a poison, "poison" being the catch-all term for any substance with the inherent property to destroy or impair health or life.
Quote from: Wikipedia
In the context of biology, poisons are substances that cause disturbances to organisms,[1] usually by chemical reaction or other activity on the molecular scale, when a sufficient quantity is absorbed by an organism. The fields of medicine (particularly veterinary) and zoology often distinguish a poison from a toxin, and from a venom.
So the comic is right, assuming that it is using the medical/zoological definition and not the biological one.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 2380 2381 [2382] 2383 2384 ... 3345