Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383368 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Mnt Dew & Circuses Edition
« Reply #35910 on: May 02, 2014, 06:36:21 pm »

That may have been directed at me :P

Being as old as I am though, I probably should've used less absolute terms and at least looked into it more :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35911 on: May 02, 2014, 07:21:45 pm »

Reptile. Fucking. Aliens.

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:46:29 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35912 on: May 02, 2014, 07:36:57 pm »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:45:37 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35913 on: May 02, 2014, 07:41:47 pm »

The vibration does get quite annoying, though. Especially en masse. And there's apparently some of us who are motion sensitive, which makes getting irritated about 'em understandable.

Admittedly, you can turn off image animation, but if folks were being somewhat more reasonable about it, people wouldn't need to. Folks have just as much right to complain about other people being obnoxious as said people have to be obnoxious. If the latter don't like being bitched at, well... they can stop doing it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35914 on: May 02, 2014, 07:44:48 pm »

... who said anything about that being a problem?
Ask not!
Ask!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35915 on: May 02, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »

Not so much deserves, as the person bitching at them has as much right to as they do to be obnoxious. Not quite the same thing. Doesn't mean you should complain, or be obnoxious, or deserve to be complained at. Just means you have as much right to one as you do the other.

Generally, you deserve to be complained at when you're being obnoxious intentionally, and make no effort to mitigate your actions in relations to those who find it obnoxious and ask you tone it down. Then you're kinda' being a jackass, usually. There's edge cases, but that's a good general rule...
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35916 on: May 02, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »

...and we had to sit there and listen to them argue it out while everybody but me got drunk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35917 on: May 02, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »

The best part about being the only sober one is that sooner or later you will have multiple lifetimes worth of blackmail material.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35918 on: May 02, 2014, 09:08:14 pm »

Not so much deserves, as the person bitching at them has as much right to as they do to be obnoxious. Not quite the same thing. Doesn't mean you should complain, or be obnoxious, or deserve to be complained at. Just means you have as much right to one as you do the other.

Generally, you deserve to be complained at when you're being obnoxious intentionally, and make no effort to mitigate your actions in relations to those who find it obnoxious and ask you tone it down. Then you're kinda' being a jackass, usually. There's edge cases, but that's a good general rule...
Yeah, but I don't think people made vibrating avatars intending to be obnoxious (at least, I know I didn't). They did it because it was a fun thing to do, and then it seems a few people found it annoying. And I feel there's a fundamental difference between someone who does something just to annoy people and some who were doing something normally and someone happened to find what they were doing annoying.

However, seeing as some people are apparently suffering motion sickness from the things, I'll make my avatar static so as not to cause them further distress. People who just simply didn't like the things can suck it (nah, I don't really mean that, but I do want to emphasize that I'm only doing this to accommodate people with actual problems and not just giving in to the "stop having fun guys" guys).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35919 on: May 02, 2014, 09:11:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure the method to stop moving images has been posted at least a couple of times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35920 on: May 02, 2014, 09:13:38 pm »

Gah. The world is conspiring against me. It simply does not want me to play XCOM:EW. First, it says it's gonna take four days to download 16Gb, and then, on the second day, steam refuses to acknowledge that I do indeed have internet, and doesn't let me connect. Fuck.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35921 on: May 02, 2014, 09:42:30 pm »

Gah. The world is conspiring against me. It simply does not want me to play XCOM:EW. First, it says it's gonna take four days to download 16Gb, and then, on the second day, steam refuses to acknowledge that I do indeed have internet, and doesn't let me connect. Fuck.
If it makes you feel better, it's not just you. I can't connect either, and apparently neither can most anybody else

http://steamstat.us/

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35922 on: May 02, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »

My steam is down too. I think it's all that's stopped me from firing up Dark Souls 2 instead of spending the last few hours doing something important.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35923 on: May 02, 2014, 10:06:26 pm »

I can't tell if this is a sad or a rage, but I lost an hour or two of gameplay when M&B crashed. My poor sith lord. D:

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35924 on: May 02, 2014, 10:07:48 pm »

Thought I'd play some Hearthstone instead, but Battle.net is apparently composed of tin cans and string, because the last FOUR fucking matches I've had, I was poised to win then either got disconnected entirely, or lagged out long enough to lose 1-2 turns and let my opponent completely bone me.

Blizzard can go fuck itself with a sharp, splintery stick coated in lemon juice and salt.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 ... 3345