Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381764 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Mnt Dew & Circuses Edition
« Reply #35925 on: May 02, 2014, 10:15:52 pm »

Fuck.

Fuuuck.

I hate being mad at a game, but fuck!

Not ten minutes into a round and I'm fucked over by a changeling. There goes at least one hour of Space Station 13 today ::)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35926 on: May 02, 2014, 10:32:06 pm »

It seems everyone is having issues with games, it seems.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #35927 on: May 02, 2014, 11:20:11 pm »

My youtube is derping up, and I'm not sure whether it's my extension that's forcing it to buffer videos fully (among other things) or youtube itself.

The problem manifests in playlists, when played fullscreen - the video advances, but the page supporting it does not, resulting in the video playing for 2-3 minutes and stopping permanently until I exit fullscreen and manually advance the playlist.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:21:56 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35928 on: May 03, 2014, 03:18:32 am »

The Muslims believe Jesus to be a prophet. They believe Muhammad to be a prophet. The set of rules they decided to follow is revealing.

Here's a fun fact: If it weren't for the Enlightenment and the secular mindset it spawned, Western/European Christian society would probably still follow almost the exact same morals as Muslims. Except the pork part.
Love, scriver~

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #35929 on: May 03, 2014, 03:41:07 am »

Maybe all the connection problems are from Comcast/Verizon unthrottling Netflix, so now everything else is choked out until they pay up... then Netflix will have to pay for the super-express lane....
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35930 on: May 03, 2014, 09:41:55 am »

-snip-
Yeah, but I don't think people made vibrating avatars intending to be obnoxious (at least, I know I didn't).
The avatars were made to prank Objective and then everyone thought it would be fun to make even more, since there were requests. Never entered my mind that they could be annoying. Mine's just so cute! :3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35931 on: May 03, 2014, 09:50:44 am »

-snip-
Yeah, but I don't think people made vibrating avatars intending to be obnoxious (at least, I know I didn't).
The avatars were made to prank Objective and then everyone thought it would be fun to make even more, since there were requests. Never entered my mind that they could be annoying. Mine's just so cute! :3
Nobody could stay mad at Viceroy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35932 on: May 03, 2014, 10:23:04 am »

Well, my sister getting me a summer job where she works is out. Since relatives can't work in the same department, I'd have to work on a register, which requires people skills. I don't have people skills.

Still haven't told the rest of my family. Not sure when, or if, I will, since yesterday my sister told me about how my stepdad was trying to get some personal financial information from her. He's trying to get a loan to buy a house, but that should not require information from me sister at all, even if she does intend to live in that house with us. Looks to me that he's trying to get the loan in her name so he can stick the debt with her. So far he hasn't tried to get that information off me, but then again, he's stolen my mail enough that he may already have it(note: I have no bank account so[and because] there's no bank statements to steal from me).

Then he sent my mom to try and get my tax refund(all $2.45 of it ::), already cashed and spent), and she expressed severe disappointment at how little it was. Although I did tell her that I'm likely to get a credit of up to close to $500 in a few weeks, I'll flat out lie about ever getting it. Assuming, of course that they don't steal my mail once again.

Can anybody here describe what it's like to have parents that don't commit extortion against them?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35933 on: May 03, 2014, 10:35:34 am »

Sounds like your house is pretty shitty. If I had a house and the money to do so, I'd probably invite you round for a few weeks so you can get away from the lunatics.
Sadly, my parents might charge me rent for the time I'm not there. My sister is planning a trip to Florida to see her son, and she thinks they'll charge her rent for that time.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35934 on: May 03, 2014, 10:39:32 am »

...what? You can't charge rent on someone who isn't there, not even in an evil version of monopoly. More reason to get away from them entirely as soon as possible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #35935 on: May 03, 2014, 10:43:34 am »

Plus, I'm fairly certain the rent giving isn't legalised (As in, with documents). So yes, charging rent for when you're not there is just stupid.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35936 on: May 03, 2014, 10:46:38 am »

Step one: Get a PO box, give the IRS and anyone else who matters that address. Sadly, that might cost you more money than you have available (a couple tens of dollars a month, I think). That should cut down on the mail-reading, at least until you're able to reach a point where you can financially support yourself (honestly, though, if you're paying rent and they're stealing your benefits checks and such, it sounds like you could - although you might not be able to help the other people stuck under these jackasses, which might be the reason for not getting vindictive on them).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35937 on: May 03, 2014, 11:07:04 am »

The people in my dormitory had decided to stay awake the whole night and be loud and bloody obnoxious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35938 on: May 03, 2014, 11:15:01 am »

@Akura: Man, I know how that feels.
I never really even saw any of my unemployment money until I decided to move out, apart from the occasional bit of "pocket money".

@Objective: Do you need to be awake early, or something? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35939 on: May 03, 2014, 11:16:16 am »

Yes. We all need to wake up at 8AM to get our stuffs moved, but hey, some men just want to watch the world be unable to function due to sleep deprivation.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 3345