Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2417 2418 [2419] 2420 2421 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381814 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

My last weeks PhysChem lab decided out of the blue to go completely fucking arcane.

Not only it contains a ton of formulas using a ton of different and often poorly explained variables and a unparseable amount of calculus for people who had a half of semester to learn differentiation and integration in their lives, and that was four months ago, but also the script on processing the data refuses to specify what exactly it means by 'these values', so you cannot know which to use to progress in writing the damn thing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Rugby is more accessible. The glory of momentum, is its universal applications in sport.

Introducing squash: the only sport played in a 9.75x6.4 enclosed space. Momentum is usually screwing you over at least as badly as your opponent.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I hated PE generally.

Most of the stuff we did in it was boring as hell.
Exceptions were Danish Longball, Rounders and Cricket.

Hitting things with a bat (or your fist, in the case of Danish Longball) was fun.

MZ needs to try Danish Longball.

Rugby is more accessible. The glory of momentum, is its universal applications in sport.

Introducing squash: the only sport played in a 9.75x6.4 enclosed space. Momentum is usually screwing you over at least as badly as your opponent.

Ah, but the beauty of momentum in that sport is in the subtle machinations of the momentum of the ball.
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck love.

Out of nowhere, the girl I've been in love with for over a year now suddenly tells me to piss off. Hell, worse than that, she sent one of her friends, one of the school cops, to take me aside to tell me that, who talked to me like he was issuing a restraining order(for clarity, he did NOT issue a restraining order). I don't even know what I did to make her do that.

At this point, I don't even care about her anymore. She certainly hasn't been honest with me. Since I've known her, I've asked on more than one occasion if I've ever been bothering her, and she's always said I've haven't. Clearly, that wasn't the case. If she's going to treat me like this, then I don't think I even want to even be just friends with her anymore.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If she's going to treat me like this, then I don't think I even want to even be just friends with her anymore.
Sounds like a smart choice.

What are school cops? Never heard of them...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Cops who are assigned to schools. They have some special title, but are usually otherwise identical to street cops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Just pointing out that if it wasn't mutual, it wasn't really love. Infatuation is more like it.

Try to avoid getting infatuated with people until after you've started dating them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Offshore resources. Not trying to be racist or anything, but Jesus H. Krishnamundi.....

There's just a cultural barrier there which is infuriating at times. They won't do anything without being specifically asked to do it, even if the logical implication of a question is "Please do this thing."

Q: Have we (meaning you) created the print queues for this site that's being deployed tomorrow?
A (two hours later): No.
Q: Can you please create those queues?
A: (two hours later): Okay, I will start creating the queues. Can you provide the information to create them?
Q: It's in the original email.
A: (two hours later): Oh. Okay, I will start creating the queues.

Six goddamn hours wasted because these folks have no concept of initiative. For something that they're supposed to be doing without me asking each time. Don't even get me started on the helpdesk.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so that's how romance is supposed to work nowadays...?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cops who are assigned to schools. They have some special title, but are usually otherwise identical to street cops.
...and only now I remember that some places need metal detectors to (try to) keep guns out of school.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Six goddamn hours wasted because these folks have no concept of initiative. For something that they're supposed to be doing without me asking each time. Don't even get me started on the helpdesk.
That sounds lot like our apartment managers office.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Just pointing out that if it wasn't mutual, it wasn't really love. Infatuation is more like it.

Try to avoid getting infatuated with people until after you've started dating them.
No offense, but to most people (me maybe not included), that's like saying 'try to have less of a broken arm' or 'try to be less human'.

It just tends to happen, and there's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it. How one reacts to those feelings, is another matter entirely of course.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Yes, I'm rather sceptical on the whole love on first sight thing...but there are too many examples to disregard it outright.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

> Make a decent progress making a fairly complex-ish mod for Awesomenauts.
> Lose it all due to bugged save function

SCREW YOU, AWESOMENAUTS SETTINGS MANAGER.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Hunting nuisances to extinction is the best solution. Long live best UK.

People getting eaten by wolves is a little bit more than a nuisance.
I totally want to see the numbers of people who get hurt in car accidents with deer. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

http://www.deercollisions.co.uk/pages/background.html

200,000 or so collisions between cars and deer per year in Germany lead to 20 human deaths. Around 40000 deer deaths on the roads in the UK suggests 4 human deaths per year.

http://www.theaa.com/public_affairs/news/deer-collisions.html
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 2417 2418 [2419] 2420 2421 ... 3345