Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 [2420] 2421 2422 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382414 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

...and only now I remember that some places need metal detectors to (try to) keep guns out of school.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Over here it's knives. Also doesn't stop anyone bringing stuff through fences, or students from other schools killing students within a school.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Well, using those numbers earlier between 13~~ and 1918 of 7600 wolf-related deaths, I got 13~14 deaths to a wolf per year.

Not GREAT, but considering the wild differences (550~ years versus a few decades, modern cars versus on-foot or car travel, wolf-related at all and deer-in-collision only) I'd be extremely surprised if the deaths from wolves each year outweighed the deaths from deer.

Anyway, the idea of "It's either wolves or deer!" forget what happened in Yellowstone: The addition of a few wolves, to take down the moose, changed so, so much more than just the moose. Having a natural predator for the deer should also help revive the numbers of animals impacted by so many deer around. Less plants getting devoured = more habitats for other critters~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

...and only now I remember that some places need metal detectors to (try to) keep guns out of school.
Over here it's knives. Also doesn't stop anyone bringing stuff through fences, or students from other schools killing students within a school.
Yikes a doodle.

Note to self. Stay in the country.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Offshore resources. Not trying to be racist or anything, but Jesus H. Krishnamundi.....

There's just a cultural barrier there which is infuriating at times. They won't do anything without being specifically asked to do it, even if the logical implication of a question is "Please do this thing."

Q: Have we (meaning you) created the print queues for this site that's being deployed tomorrow?
A (two hours later): No.
Q: Can you please create those queues?
A: (two hours later): Okay, I will start creating the queues. Can you provide the information to create them?
Q: It's in the original email.
A: (two hours later): Oh. Okay, I will start creating the queues.

Six goddamn hours wasted because these folks have no concept of initiative. For something that they're supposed to be doing without me asking each time. Don't even get me started on the helpdesk.
Just got embarrassed in front of the client because my offshore guys didn't do something they've had two weeks to do and never mentioned when I would ask how it was coming along.
So much frustration....I'm a nice guy, but when you screw me over all bets are off. I will clean house and get an entirely different team of low-paid offshore workers if I need to. (hey, they're low-paid by US standards....pretty good middle-class wages for India).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Just pointing out that if it wasn't mutual, it wasn't really love. Infatuation is more like it.

Try to avoid getting infatuated with people until after you've started dating them.
No offense, but to most people (me maybe not included), that's like saying 'try to have less of a broken arm' or 'try to be less human'.

It just tends to happen, and there's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it. How one reacts to those feelings, is another matter entirely of course.
Well of course. But it's not like there's no control over it either.

My most common advice on this sort of thing is to ask people out who interest you ASAP. Waiting makes it harder and compounds problems.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I hated PE generally.

Most of the stuff we did in it was boring as hell.
Exceptions were Danish Longball, Rounders and Cricket.

Hitting things with a bat (or your fist, in the case of Danish Longball) was fun.

MZ needs to try Danish Longball.
Indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

They don't let you have weapons?

Become a weapon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone here read Robert Jordan's TWoT?

Yea. Rand found the weapon idea is bad :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Become a weapon.
But then they will use metal detectors to keep students out of school.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Become a weapon.
Hey, now, I graduated.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Become a weapon.

Mission-fucking-accomplished!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Become a weapon.
When only students are weapons, weapons will get pop quizzes. Or something.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, tests to see what grade of weapon you are? :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

No, it'd be one of those dumb "What Kind of Weapon Are You?" Internet quizzes.

....and of course, the Internet in all its prescient, dumb glory doth provide.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The internet never lets us down.

and then we were all shapeshifting Alex Mercer abominations
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2418 2419 [2420] 2421 2422 ... 3345