Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2426 2427 [2428] 2429 2430 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382603 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Fuck Nature Edition
« Reply #36405 on: May 08, 2014, 09:34:07 am »

Made the stupid decision to update Firefox, only to discover they had outright removed the option to disable the retarded tabs on top bullcrap in stock firefox, almost ragequit back a couple versions but managed to find an extension that fixes that and allows me to tweak the UI a bit closer to what I'm comfortable with. 

I don't even get the idea of tabs on top, its so out of order and wrong, with tabs on bottom it flows sort of hierarchical, with the menu bar controlling the browser thus on top of everything, then the navigation toolbar (And bookmarks directly under) which control the browsing and then you have the tabs which are directly attached to the the webpage and thus subject to the whims of above.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:43:59 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36406 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:54 am »

Made the stupid decision to update Firefox, only to discover they had outright removed the option to disable the retarded tabs on top bullcrap in stock firefox, almost ragequit back a couple versions but managed to find an extension that fixes that and allows me to tweak the UI a bit closer to what I'm comfortable with. 

I don't even get the idea of tabs on top, its so out of order and wrong, with tabs on bottom it flows sort of hierarchical, with the menu bar controlling the browser thus on top of everything, then the navigation toolbar (And bookmarks directly under) which control the browsing and then you have the tabs which are directly attached to the the webpage and thus subject to the whims of above.

Sounds like the way you do it is inherently confusing?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36407 on: May 08, 2014, 10:27:52 am »

Go look at the link Telle posted above. Seems like it'd work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36408 on: May 08, 2014, 11:06:41 am »

Go look at the link Telle posted above. Seems like it'd work.

Well "above" being a few pages back so I didn't see such a link, but once I looked up exactly what post you were referring to, I am thankful as this looks like exactly what I need.  Edit: Oh yes, yes it is.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:12:42 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36409 on: May 08, 2014, 11:38:05 am »

Its not even on the previous page for me, so eh. You found it anyway :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36410 on: May 08, 2014, 11:48:30 am »

TINNITUS HOLY SHIT LET ME THINK
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36411 on: May 08, 2014, 01:54:44 pm »

Goddammit. Nobody at this college can give me a straight answer as to why they treated me like shit yesterday. All anyone will say is "stay away from her". Only I don't have a problem with the little bitch any more, it's the school's reaction to her complaint that I'm pissed off about. They humiliated me without letting me have any chance of explaining my side, or even telling me the reason why a complaint was filed in the first place. And I find it very hard to believe that the school's only method of conflict resolution is "burn the bridge". I am seriously considering calling a lawyer about this, because I doubt this course of action is entirely legal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36412 on: May 08, 2014, 01:58:39 pm »

I'd suggest that (though I'm obviously not a registered legal advisor). I'm pretty sure they should be required to at least inform you of the details of the complaint.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #36413 on: May 08, 2014, 02:00:55 pm »

Whilst I tend to go for the more peaceful route, that would make me spitting. Lawyers can be expensive, though. Perhaps you could look into the law of it, and present your findings alongside the fact that if the matter is pursued, a lawyer will be presented? Depending, on course, on you finding it unlawful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36414 on: May 08, 2014, 03:05:41 pm »

This is pretty similar to some things that my old crush did to me back in the day... It was really years before I woke up to how incredibly abusive her antics were, then I discovered the rabbit hole went deeper than I ever suspected.

I was in basically exactly your same position, and the crux of the problem you have here is that she is basically being a colossal douche bag, and there is really nothing you can do about it. The law doesn't usually require any kind of evidence for them to take up a restraining order on you, it usually goes something along the lines of them saying, "I want this person to leave me alone," and poof, restraining order.

There are some good reasons why it's structured like this, a large part of it is that it can be very difficult to come up with evidence that someone is being emotionally abusive towards you, plus the way the abuse cycle works is that they're abusive, then you reconcile, then they're abusive again, and when they're in the reconciling cycle, they can be incredibly nice people, but you have to avoid reconciling anyway to prevent the abuse cycle from continuing (which can be very difficult when they're being so god damn nice and apologetic). So this is structured to make keeping away from abusive partners and such easier.

This is all beside the point though, the fact is that she's being a douche bag, and if someone's got their mind set on it, there's no way you can really stop them from being a douche bag towards you.

If she's doing this, you should probably be trying to keep her away from you rather than the other way around, don't talk to her, if you see her just look away, anything else you do is probably just going to play into her abuse, and if she's anything like my old crush, she will be very willing to do all kinds of manipulative and vindictive things to get rid of you.

The best thing you can do is go find someone that won't be a douche bag to you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36415 on: May 08, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

Classic Theme Restorer plugin. Get it now. Fixes everything the new UI broke, mostly by doing little more than restoring all the customization options that were removed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36416 on: May 08, 2014, 03:56:17 pm »

I really don't think people here should jump to conclusions about why said (or any) person would act like that. We don't know her side and thoughts, and there's any number of reason people can be conflict-avoidant to judge her about that, either.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36417 on: May 08, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »

I've decided that airports just make me rage, period.

The smaller ones, not so much. But the massive international airports basically fill me with misanthropy that I don't normally hold otherwise.

A) I have to get somewhere, and flying is a pain in the ass, period. So I'm always in a hurry, if for nothing else than to get near my gate so I can use the bathroom, get something to eat and generally just relax as much as one can in an airport.
B) Most people don't think beyond 5 feet in front of them. So that totally excludes people behind them.
C) Some people love to stop, in the middle of the fucking thoroughfare, to answer their goddamn phone, realize they have to use the bathroom, grab a cup of Starbucks, or some fucking thing. But instead of bearing right and turning around, they just stop dead in the middle of the hall. The urge to shove them on their fucking faces is almost unbearable.
D) Groups of people like to expand out into the thoroughfare like a messy bowel movement, for no other reason than they "want to be together."
E) They do this at the gate too. I had about 7 teeny boppin' girls who just camped out in the middle of the floor, threw all their shit in a circle and blocked one of the routes to the gate, like it was fucking summer camp and they were roasting marshmellow. Hey, bitches, get your fucking asses against the wall like the rest of travelers.
F) The rules of a large corridor full of humans as pretty much the same as the rules of the road. Slow motherfuckers to the right, not-slow motherfuckers to the left. And only about 80% of people seem to get this. Which is a pretty good number, actually. Until you run into that fucking moron that is walking against the flow of the crowd, or that stupid bastard that just kind of waddles along near the middle, forcing the rest of humanity to divert around them like a stream or river around a boulder.
G) I had to check my luggage, because the flight was full and of course, I'm boarding group number 732,285,ZDX1RJ2. I haven't checked baggage in 10 years, because I learned how to pack for exactly how much I needed to avoid it. It wasn't even checking at the jetway, which I'm fine with. No, they straight up checked my luggage and sent it down to baggage claim, for no earthly reason that I know of. Omaha even checks shit on the jetway but for some reason, this flight did not.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:32:05 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36418 on: May 08, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »

I'm 90% sure they design airports like that on purpose.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36419 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:55 pm »

I'm 90% sure they design people like that on purpose.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 2426 2427 [2428] 2429 2430 ... 3345