Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2430 2431 [2432] 2433 2434 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381669 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Oh hell, she loved the cartoon of the Grinch years ago. My son does (mostly for the slapstick scenes with Max, the dog). I should mention that I started showing her old Bob Clampett and Tex Avery cartoons when she was like 3.

Her request to Santa this past Christmas was for a pottery wheel. Which she got. Because how the fuck do you turn down a request like that?? She is gloriously unique. And not in a self-conscious hipster way, either.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Heh. I asked for a bag of coal a couple years ago. I got 160 pounds of it. Glorious times were had.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I should note that these are the same kids who built a time machine powered by tomatoes.

But enough of this non-rageworthy material.

Work is fucking killing me. I'm used to working on something of a later time schedule because so much of the client and my colleagues are based out of the Pacific Northwest, but I have not gotten away from work before 8pm this entire fucking week. *groan*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You sure you don't want to talk about happy stuff? I mean, that should be a characteristic of the rage thread, where stealth happiness sneaks its way into your consciousness when you're trying to rage, but you can't because stealth happiness happened.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

You seen that guy?
I was thinking more of Jim Carrey when I said that.

And yeah, I was a bit of a wuss. Just a bit though. I made up for it by finding chestbursting xenomorphs, space marines, and balrogs to be hellyes-levels of awesome now.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

It irritates me somewhat when people who show up hours after I do leave an hour before I do. Like is the case today when I am literally the only one out of 10+ drivers still waiting for his load when I was the third to arrive.
It's hard to maintain good work ethics when folks who show up late still get home before you do some days.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

It's hard to maintain good work ethics when folks who show up late still get home before you do some days.
Good work ethics are not used in comparison in that manner ;D
They're based on principle, on the self's values rather than following the status quo 'because its done this way'.

Relevant to thread: Teamkilling on games. Argh. :I

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Invest in a handheld gaming device for waiting around for hours.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Invest in a handheld gaming device for waiting around for hours.
I have a 3DS, but it is at home charging.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

A laptop's another option, assuming you have a desk available and assuming you're like me and spend most your leisure time on a computer.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

laptop
assuming you have a desk
I... no? Laptop. I mean, a desk can be nice, but all you really need is a flat surface. If that. I swear, I spend about a quarter of my time on this computer with the thing on its side. In bed. Sometimes upside down, too. On the floor, in random chairs, lounging outside on the porch, so on, so forth, and etc. Desks have nothing to do with it. The whole bloody reason of a laptop is to avoid the call of a desk :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

It's for portability, you barbarian :P

Any self respecting laptop run powerfully and hot enough to fry your poor flesh if you actually put it in your lap. Sissy things like netbooks are for using everywhere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Portability implicitly implies leaving the desk behind, Kaij :P Being stuck at a desk is the exact opposite of portability.

As for heat, they have stand-things* you can stick them on -- which you probably want even if they are on a desk, because most lappies have shit heat dissipation design and both flesh and wood is precious and should stay unscorched. Also you don't need to put them on your lap. You can put them beside on. Or put a book in the way (I've been using encyclopedias of philosophy for both laptop support and mousepad for several years now >_>). Or any number of other things. Get a nice mount and stick it on the (cab, in Siru's case) ceiling, plug in some USB peripherals, whatever. Desks are the near the most useless thing in existence.

*I've been using the non-fan part of a cooler master heat dealio since the fan on it broke. It fits pretty much everywhere a laptop can -- arm of a chair, lap, leaned up against a wall, on top of the stove, on top of the washing machine/dryer, on the hood of the car, and so on, and so on.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:54:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I use my laptop on top of an old floppy box I keep on my knee or in my lap. The box itself has lots of nice old dos games in it I unfortunately won't be using in their original form anymore thanks to tech marching on.

Though I at least have the disk images backed up individually on a DVD-R I keep in my desk.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

You have a point with laptop stands and things. Those are acceptable.

I will point out though that I cannot stand trackpads. I must have a mouse. MUST. Thus I require a flat surface nearby. Even a couch cushion has been used in previous dire circumstances.
Pages: 1 ... 2430 2431 [2432] 2433 2434 ... 3345