Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2458 2459 [2460] 2461 2462 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381637 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36885 on: May 19, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »

Dark Souls. Sen's Fortress. GRAH!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36886 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:13 pm »

FREUD YOU PERVERTED QUACK ARGH
We was! We've got lots of better understand these days, so don't worry, it gets better as you get closer to the present. Mostly. Just avoid evopsych.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36887 on: May 19, 2014, 10:41:27 pm »

We was! We've got lots of better understand these days, so don't worry, it gets better as you get closer to the present. Mostly. Just avoid evopsych.
Psychology studies are somewhat silly at times.

We have to learn the wrongs people did earlier. Which is good.
But if we've to change our beliefs to match those wrongs?
>:I

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36888 on: May 19, 2014, 10:45:10 pm »

I'm not raging at his wrong theories (they are tho), but that we had so many thoughts on human psychology that him and Erik Erikson are in all four chapters at the end of the book. So much Freud

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36889 on: May 19, 2014, 10:48:41 pm »

*pats Sky*

You said Psych was hard before. It requires a bit of shifted viewpoint to get it. (even if they are totally wrong) :/

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36890 on: May 19, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »

My idea is that the more of a weirdo someone is, the more they know about human nature. It's sort of an observer effect I guess.

Freud's theories may not be completely right, but they did pave the way for modern psychology.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36891 on: May 19, 2014, 10:53:59 pm »

Do not worry, for this too shall pass.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36892 on: May 19, 2014, 10:54:28 pm »

My idea is that the more of a weirdo someone is, the more they know about human nature. It's sort of an observer effect I guess.
* Tiruin , judging by this statement, is an extreme weirdo. As stated by others.
Mhmm. Sure.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36893 on: May 19, 2014, 10:58:59 pm »

* Tiruin , judging by this statement, is an extreme weirdo. As stated by others.
Mhmm. Sure.

* LordSlowpoke shrugs

i for one have no idea how a "normal human being" could be so damn cheerful and going out of their way to assist others

so i'd rather say you're a weirdo than start shifting my view of humanity as a whole because the latter would just lead to me being figuratively repeatedly walloped in the face with a blunt implement, perhaps one commonly used in construction

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36894 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:19 pm »

:-\

Being like so is weird? Huh. Strange...

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #36895 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:23 pm »

Do not worry, for this too shall pass.

For a brief moment, I thought 'Dwarf' fortress instead... and wondered about some sorta mod to take DF maps and automatically convert them to a Dark Souls map, complete with enemies, traps, and glorious socks.

The maps... would be so evil...
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36896 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »

Mhmm. Sure.
I meant "weirdo" more as in being different. The thing is, it seems to be a trend that the people who have edge over others in what they do tend to be rather... eccentric.

They say that there is a fine line between genius and insanity, after all.

I mean, I'm a huge weirdo, but I just stay under the radar because I got conformity and submissiveness beaten into me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36897 on: May 19, 2014, 11:09:21 pm »

For a brief moment, I thought 'Dwarf' fortress instead... and wondered about some sorta mod to take DF maps and automatically convert them to a Dark Souls map, complete with enemies, traps, and glorious socks.

The maps... would be so evil...

Huh. Now that I think of it, the combat in Dark Souls is fairly similar to that of Dwarf Fortress- I frequently fall to my death when dodging attacks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36898 on: May 19, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »

Mhmm. Sure.
I meant "weirdo" more as in being different. The thing is, it seems to be a trend that the people who have edge over others in what they do tend to be rather... eccentric.

They say that there is a fine line between genius and insanity, after all.

I mean, I'm a huge weirdo, but I just stay under the radar because I got conformity and submissiveness beaten into me.
* Tiruin is eccentric then! :))
I wonder why people assume anger when I'm only irritated. ._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36899 on: May 19, 2014, 11:18:25 pm »

I would basically say, "No." When it comes to actual psychology, anyway. Honestly, the effectiveness of psych research has incredibly little to do with the people doing it so much as it does with the methodology being used. If the process is such that any observer, no matter how involved, can produce accurate results, you are now doing it right. What has happened since Freud's time is methodology has improved. Massively. It does still have a lot of room to improve, and methodological dispersion is still not nearly as pervasive or consistent as it needs to be, but things are much better.

Freud's theories may not be completely right, but they did pave the way for modern psychology.
In the same way geocentric theory paved the way for heliocentric, maybe (though that is doing a kinda' massive disservice to geocentric theory.). Freud's theories were more or less not so much "not completely right" as "completely wrong", from everything I've seen. Maybe "almost" completely wrong, but... barely. Proving his bullshit as such has progressed the field of psychology quite a bit, but that speaks little of the virtues of Freud's work itself.

Sky really does have it pretty spot on. Freud was a perverted quack. Just a perverted quack at the right point in history.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2458 2459 [2460] 2461 2462 ... 3345