Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2550 2551 [2552] 2553 2554 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381959 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Dig Deep Edition
« Reply #38265 on: June 16, 2014, 01:14:24 pm »

As the end of the school year approaches, I learn that nobody in my homeroom can read an analog clock, except me and the teacher.
...they don't know how a clock works in telling the time? Do you attend a school for the under 70 IQs?
TBH I have to stare at analogs for a bit before I can figure out what time it is. It already makes me feel bad but now I feel worse about it.. :x

Random aside: Silent Hill LOVES clock puzzles.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38266 on: June 16, 2014, 01:26:59 pm »

As the end of the school year approaches, I learn that nobody in my homeroom can read an analog clock, except me and the teacher.
...they don't know how a clock works in telling the time? Do you attend a school for the under 70 IQs?
TBH I have to stare at analogs for a bit before I can figure out what time it is. It already makes me feel bad but now I feel worse about it.. :x
That's really common actually. I've known high school seniors who have difficulty with reading analog clocks. Can't blame people, given how common it is to rely on your phone for keeping track of time nowadays. People just get out of habit, I guess.

analogue wrist watch master race represent
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38267 on: June 16, 2014, 01:31:14 pm »

Well I instantly know from looking that it's, say, 11:30, but it takes me a sec to figure the last digit. I don't know if that's normal but I always feel slow if I can't know the precise time right away.

I don't like having stuff on my wrist.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38268 on: June 16, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »

Well I instantly know from looking that it's, say, 11:30, but it takes me a sec to figure the last digit. I don't know if that's normal but I always feel slow if I can't know the precise time right away.

I do the same, and having stuff on my wrist just feels a bit... unnatural. Same with my head. I don't wear hats and the like.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38269 on: June 16, 2014, 01:36:15 pm »

The last time someone admitted to me they can't read analogue clocks, I was 6 years old. I mean I know some people who I reckon are stupid enough to not be able to, but then again at our school (and probably nationwide) the invigilators have big analogue clocks for the participants to time themselves with, no digital.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38270 on: June 16, 2014, 01:36:59 pm »

Pocket waaatttccchhh. I never use them, and have more-or-less misplaced them (I know what house they're in, but nothing more than that >_>), but I own a couple of nice wind-up pocket watches. Neat things, I should probably actually use them :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #38271 on: June 16, 2014, 01:37:59 pm »

The last time someone admitted to me they can't read analogue clocks, I was 6 years old. I mean I know some people who I reckon are stupid enough to not be able to, but then again at our school (and probably nationwide) the invigilators have big analogue clocks for the participants to time themselves with, no digital.
Yea, same. I would see someone who can't even read the time as more than a bit slow.

As for pocket watches, I'd feel silly using one, but they're cool :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38272 on: June 16, 2014, 01:46:45 pm »

I do the same, and having stuff on my wrist just feels a bit... unnatural. Same with my head. I don't wear hats and the like.
Same same same! I dunno if I'd use the word 'unnatural' but I get uncomfortable and I have to take it off after a minute. I don't like headphones either, even though I still use them.

When those certain people who wear them rub it in your face when your phone is dead and you have to ask them the time it makes me dislike wrist watches even more, but for entirely different reasons. :p

Pocket watches are cool and retro but I don't like the style that they're associated with.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
People just look dumb when they try to look like that in an everday fashion.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38273 on: June 16, 2014, 01:52:03 pm »

You get used to the feeling of something on your wrist. Same with hats. It feels weird at first, but soon it's like it's not even there. Like it's become a part of you. Forever.

Fun fact, I wear my watch on my right wrist. I'm left handed and when I was a kid I didn't like the feeling of the watch rubbing against the paper or whatever I had to write on, so I'd wear it on the right to keep it out of the way. Now, trying to wear it on my left as I write this, and it's weird. Moral of the story, new things are weird, then you get used to it.

Pocket watches are cool and retro but I don't like the style that they're associated with.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
People just look dumb when they try to look like that in an everday fashion.
I think he looks most resplendent. *fedora tipping intensifies*
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38274 on: June 16, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »

You get used to the feeling of something on your wrist. Same with hats. It feels weird at first, but soon it's like it's not even there. Like it's become a part of you. Forever.

Fun fact, I wear my watch on my right wrist. I'm left handed and when I was a kid I didn't like the feeling of the watch rubbing against the paper or whatever I had to write on, so I'd wear it on the right to keep it out of the way. Now, trying to wear it on my left as I write this, and it's weird. Moral of the story, new things are weird, then you get used to it.

I think he looks most resplendent. *fedora fapping intensifies*
D:

That's okay, I'll just never try anything new ever. *sits under rock*

FTFY. That's how I read it at first.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38275 on: June 16, 2014, 02:06:41 pm »

at this moment i am euphoric

but not because of a fedora which i do not own but because FUCKING CUNTS have been forcing my attention for no goddamn reason while i could be devoting it to people who i actually give two fucks about and don't see often

brb raocow

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38276 on: June 16, 2014, 02:15:31 pm »

I think he looks most resplendent. *fedora fapping intensifies*
D:
FTFY. That's how I read it at first.
D:

For a minute I thought I had mistyped and actually put that. The mental image... the fedoras...the intensifying... Brain bleach. Need. Medic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38277 on: June 16, 2014, 02:31:10 pm »

Ask not of the mystery of the Holey Fedora. Its secrets are ones best left unknown, unconsidered, and most especially untouched.

Seriously, get away from that thing. Grody as grody can be.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38278 on: June 16, 2014, 02:53:28 pm »

-snip-
I feel the pain. Trying to keep little kids playing nice is like herding schizophrenic cats.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38279 on: June 16, 2014, 02:58:59 pm »

~snip~
I very much applaud your actions. I'm glad the kids I'm working with are well behaved most of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 2550 2551 [2552] 2553 2554 ... 3345